• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

I would be fine with Wesley Snipes if it was a one-off appearance but they would need a younger actor if the plans are more broad than that. John Boyega anyone?

If they go with a much bigger name then knowing Marvel they will reach out to Michael B. Jordan or something I would have said Anthony Mackie as the new Blade if he weren't playing Falcon

David Oyelowo. We need a Brit to play Blade.

Don't know why Marvel wouldn't do an r rated film. They made r rated comics and have seen the success of deadpool. They want to expand and the odd r rated film could be fit in. Just have a bit of a smaller budget which i think blade could get away with. Say $120m?

I would like an MCU Blade to be more in line with movie Blade than the comics. I just rewatched the original movie and it's still easily one of my favorite Marvel films. I would hope that they would try to emulate, yet modernize the feel of that first Blade film, they struck the perfect tone for the character

Last edited:
I would like an MCU Blade to be more in line with movie Blade than the comics. I just rewatched the original movie and it's still easily one of my favorite Marvel films. I would hope that they would try to emulate, yet modernize the feel of that first Blade film, they struck the perfect time for the character

Yeah I agree with this. Movie version of Blade is superior than the comic version, and I like him being American more than him being British.

If they go with British Blade than John Boyega is my pick
If they go with American Blade than John Boyega is my pick.:cwink:

I strongly disagree. I feel like you can't top the first two films. The only way to succeed is to do something different and that means to do a Tomb of Dracula series where Blade is British and less of a tough guy and more of a detective and Dracula would get just as much screen time as Blade and really flesh out the supporting cast.

I just rewatched the original movie and it's still easily one of my favorite Marvel films.

Love the first film and as much as I love X-Men and Spider-Man, Blade holds up better.

I strongly disagree. I feel like you can't top the first two films. The only way to succeed is to do something different and that means to do a Tomb of Dracula series where Blade is British and less of a tough guy and more of a detective and Dracula would get just as much screen time as Blade and really flesh out the supporting cast.

You lost me when you said less of a tough guy. He can be more of a detective and a tough guy. But Snipes set the precedent, Blade has to be a tough guy now.

I am salivating thinking of the potential of a Netflix Blade series. Man... Imagine if we could get Morbius

British Blade then definitely David Oyelowo but if they go with an American Blade then how about Erik King or Michael B Jordan or Aldis Hodge

I totally agree that if they were to reboot Blade, the best way to go about it would be to do something distinct from the original either by incorporating him into another franchise (in which case they could stay close to the movie version) or giving him a new identity, story, tone, etc. But I also agree that the "tough guy" aspect to the character might be too set in the audience's minds to undo at this point.

Well, BLADE would be freakin' incredible and, as 'the undead', vampires would work well with Dr Strange. But then, you could pit him against Morbius, and have Spiderman rock up! Maybe Dormammu is commanding the dark hordes, and Blade comes to kick some ahyass! Either way, he should definitely be The Daywalker...

Who should play him?
Michael B Jordan?
What about a mixed-race guy?
Oooh, John Boyega is a fun idea... !

The only man who can play Blade is Wesley Snipes, sucka.

This is older news.
Blade's Daughter Could Helm Possible Movie Reboot Under Marvel Studios

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/7...ossible-movie-reboot-under-marvel-studios.htm

I really started to fall in love with this idea. Single father Blade trying to raise his daughter into the ways of a vampire hunter while trying to balance out his duties as a father. Could make for some interesting story telling. Something we haven't seen before. Think the Big daddy and Hitgirl, but as vampire hunters.

If they followed that story I would happily welcome Snipes back, as he would be age appropriate.

However if they go for a reboot, I would go for the obvious Michael Jai White, or Mykel Shannon Jenkins -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8d7q3cMWfE

Michael J White
Michael B Jordan

One or the other. No middle ground. :funny:

Isaiah Mustafa, D.B. Woodside or Laz Alonso would be my picks for the new Blade

They should do an actual British take this time if they're looking to differentiate their Blade.

Like many have already said in this thread my pick would be John Boyega. I'd love to see Boyega in the MCU somewhere and I think this would be the perfect fit.

What can they do that would make it anything other than a pale re-creation of Snipes' films? Perhaps they could include his training with Vampire Hunter Jamal Afari, especially if they're doing a younger guy like Boyega. Maybe watching him watch his vampire hunting team get slain and he's the last one standing? Doesn't seem like much of a movie franchise.

Now as a Netflix series, you might have something here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"