Daywalker films:The Blade thread

There's talk of doing another Crow? I love the first movie, but they've done too much to ruin the franchise since then. They should just let the franchise go, because I don't see too much good coming from it anymore.

It will be a cool idea if they put the Blade origins in it. And it's cool if the story is narrated by the frontside of Deacon Frost.

But without Blade it's not so fascinating.

This seems like a piss poor idea, worse than a Venom movie. Honestly, I liked Frost in the first Blade film, he was great, but Frost isn't big enough a character to hold a movie. Straight to Video, that's how I see this.

I liked Dorffs Frost he was charismatic but I don't think the character can carry a whole movie let alone a trilogy.

I think a movie from a villains side of things would be intresting but I don't think Deacon Frost is that villain and the fact that the character is still the most popular of his career is kind of sad because there wasn't much to the role.

I agree with what's been said. Loved Dorff as Frost, but a "Blade Origins: Frost" (that's what I'm calling it :o) seems like a bad idea.

You know...anything to prevent a remake of THE CROW.

I actually think that if a movie was centered around a Blade villain, Nomak would be a better choice than Frost. Frost is cool, but his story is pretty much already told. He was turned, he did his own thing, and he became a top badass. Nomak on the other hand was created, and we didn't see his introduction into the world. By the time we first saw him,he was already doing his thing. With his fighting skills and mysterious introduction into the world, I think he can carry a movie better than Frost. I'm not saying that I want to see a Nomak movie. I'm just saying that I think he'd be a better choice than Frost.

Now Drake by theory should be the perfect choice for a villain movie, but we don't want to go down that path after seeing what he turned into. What he's supposed to be could be a cool as Legacy of Kain type movie, but no sense wishing for it now. Just give us another Blade movie and do something with the franchise before it gets stale.

Deacon Frost prequel?................."Ah NO" :o

For the simple fact that most of these prequel films they're making these days seems to screw up the damn continuity of the films they're supposed to be prequels too. Like it's too much work for the film makers to go back and look at the originals films and write their prequels based off of that. :cmad;

Anyhow, Blade and Frost FIRST meet in Blade 1, hence the line "Finally nice to meet you man" or whatever Frost said in Chinatown. So they can't meet if Blade is in the prequels. Anyhow, No Snipes...no go!

Deacon Frost prequel?................."Ah NO" :o

Anyhow, Blade and Frost FIRST meet in Blade 1, hence the line "Finally nice to meet you man" or whatever Frost said in Chinatown. So they can't meet if Blade is in the prequels. Anyhow, No Snipes...no go!

Yep unless they are gonna show Blade kicking Quinn's ass and then Quinn running back to Frost to tell him Blade cut off his Arm/Leg/Ear this week there is nothing they can really show.

curious.. can't say i'm all that interested in a frost-centric vampire story, though.. I suppose it may be part of the post-Twilight zeitgeist or something.. I'd still rather see Marvel get the rights back and have Blade in some cameos in the future Marvel Studios films..

It's a terribad idea for a prequel. The Blade movies were never amazing, but at least the first one has the distinction of igniting the superhero craze. Leave it at that.

P.S. Actors act. Screenwriters pitch stories. Don't confuse the two.

It's a terribad idea for a prequel. The Blade movies were never amazing, but at least the first one has the distinction of igniting the superhero craze. Leave it at that.

P.S. Actors act. Screenwriters pitch stories. Don't confuse the two.

the second Blade was a masterpiece. Del Toro at the helm, plus you had Ron Pearlman (LOVE the scene when Blade punks him out)

Blade 2 was better, but it has the same problem as most of the Del Toro films I've seen: eye-popping visuals coupled with an average storyline.

This seems like a piss poor idea, worse than a Venom movie. Honestly, I liked Frost in the first Blade film, he was great, but Frost isn't big enough a character to hold a movie. Straight to Video, that's how I see this.

This is a bad idea (but I think Venom is a good idea so...)

This smells an awful lot like the Underworld prequel that flopped earlier this year.

Blade 2 was more in the horror genre but that didn't make it a better film, just more twisted.

a prequel trilogy is pushing it. I'd rather see a Blade origin film. How he surived on the streets and how Whistler found him and trained him.

This is just Dorff wanting to reclaim some kind of fame again. The guy hasn't had a hit since Blade...and Public enemies doesn't count cause he aint the main star.

0707_wesley_snipes_getty_88881231.jpg

I saw some images of Snipes at MJJ's memorial today. So it's good to know Snipes is not locked down for his tax issues yet. To keep it Blade related. MJ was supposed to be in Blade 2, was supposed to be a vampire Pimp but during the time the movie was shooting Jackson had to promote his album and wasn't able to make it to Prauge. I got the info from the Blade 2 commentary with Goyer & Snipes.

Last edited:
I saw some images of Snipes at MJJ's memorial today. So it's good to know Snipes is not locked down for his tax issues yet. To keep it Blade related. MJ was supposed to be in Blade 2, was supposed to be a vampire Pimp but during the time the movie was shooting Jackson had to promote his album and wasn't able to make it to Prauge. I got the info from the Blade 2 commentary with Goyer & Snipes.

What?:wow:

If you look at the extra scenes that got cut out of the dvd when Blade and Nyssa are walking around in the House of Pain in the different Rooms. MJJ was supposed to be that guy Nyssa walked in on. I think it could of worked with Del Toro but not with Goyer directing, lol.

too bad mike didn't get to do that cameo.. the whole audience would have howled.. heh-heh...

Yeah, as others have said, dont really see a point in a Frost prequel, let alone 3 of them, it just isnt worth it and wouldnt involve Blade, only his birth really.

As someone else pointed out also, Nomak would be a far better candidate than Frost for a prequel. We pretty much got to know everything about Frost in Blade.

If MJ had a cameo, then the movie would've been even bigger at the box office. People always watched Michael Jackson. I'm glad that didn't happen though. I'd have a hard time believing MJ to be a vampire in the Blade world.

0707_wesley_snipes_getty_88881231.jpg

Yeah i remember hearing that on the commentary. Too bad Goyer and Snipes had a falling out. They sounded like they had great chemistry on the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"