Sequels If you could chose a Director....Who would it be?

Also, he dropped the ball with Hellboy 2, which failed to develop themes and got lost in the striking visuals and fantasy elements.

That's because he used too many unnecessary elements from his other film Pan's Labyrinth.

Anyway, I think Peter Jackson is a better choice to direct an X-Men film.

The X-Men are more about realism than sheer fantasy.

X-Men are not about realism. Yes, there are believable themes like racism but the comic books are more fantasy.

Last edited:
X-Men are not about realism. Yes, there are believable themes like racism but the comic books are more fantasy.

I agree the comics are more fantasy, but the films have been more realistic, more sci-fi than outright fantasy, and this seems to have been embraced by the mainstream viewers and the critics.

^ good call. Haven't seen the Harry Potter one but Children of Men is a modern classic.

Cuaron would be great.

I wouldn't mind Doug Liman. He did this super-human teleporter movie with Haiden Christiansen a few years ago and it was quite a surprising little flick that had good characterization and good writing, using the "super" element at only appropriate places for amazing results, to even greater impact than any X-Men movies. And it takes a lot of for me to like a HC movie since I hate that actor. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"