If you could rewrite history as far as the DCEU

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Tg11, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Erzengel

Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Wouldn't it be easier to make a better GL than just to wish that the original got a better reception?

Personally, I think with all the Superman and Batman movies and how iconic the characters are, you could have got by with a World's Finest team up to start off, fight whomever they have to fight and then realize at the end of a movie there's a greater threat or even that White Martians have been impersonating people of power for years and Superman saying "We are going to need some help." and Batman, maybe they are in the Batcave and shows WW, Flash, GL, Aquaman.

Then do the whole WW, Flash, GL, Aquaman movies before a team up with them in the JL movie.

#176 Erzengel, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Iceman likes this.
  2. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Yes, but that would require admitting that a DC movie could actually be legitimately bad.

3. Erzengel

Think the WB/DC was batting somewhere around 0.500 even before the DCEU era.

4. metaphysician

Hmm. *brings up Wikipedia*

So, prior to the DCEU, there are 22 DC movies starting with the Superman 1. How many are good? That is arguable, but I feel like you'd have to use a pretty forgiving definition to even get up to 11.

5. Erzengel

Good is always going to be objective.

But I'd have a hard time putting these among the top of the CBM listings:
    Supergirl, Superman IV, Batman and Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Return of Swamp Thing and Green Lantern. Personally, I'd easily add Batman Forever & Superman III to that list. That's easily 10 without even going into the debate of Constantine or Superman Returns.

6. WBwins

WBwins Registered

If I could go back I probably would have fired Snyder after Man of steel and made a WorldsFinest movie rather than a Batman vs Superman movie.

Never hired Affleck as he has too much clout to be controlled

Flint Marko likes this.
  7. metaphysician

Being fair, I don't think Affleck's clout had anything to do with the failure of BvS.

Milk Tray Guy and Iceman like this.
  8. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR !

Folks I have ****ing cracked it !

"Batman v Superman" as "Batman and Superman."

Erase almost all of the first hour and 45 minutes and instead have it as a team up where Batman faces a superhuman criminal ( or criminals with Luthor built superweapons)and Superman shows up to help. The two team up and a grudging alliance forms.

When Superman appears on Capitol hill Batman shows up and warns him of the bomb plot. Together they save everyone - maybe introduce WW at the same time.

Batman then reveals the kryptonite spear explaining that after the battle of metropolis ( cue the opening flashback) he needed a weapon against Superman if he ever turned evil - after thus display of trust Supes tells Bats to keep the spear because he's the only person he would trust with it.

Later, when Luthor unleashes Doomsday Batman, Wonder Woman and Supes team up and destroy him, although Supes is killed in the process using the spear ( keep the footage from the actual film).

This still sets up Justice League and if Batman and Superman square off in the future it will feel a bit more earned. Most importantly the two most famous super heroes spend their first film together acting like heroes rather than *****e bags - to the delight of audience's everywhere.

Now had anyone got a time machine I can borrow ?

#183 Batmannerism, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  9. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I like a lot of that, but I would save Doomsday and the Death of Superman for a later film. That has to be earned.

Two better options for BVS would have been
    1- Joker and Luthor (World’s Finest)
    2- Luthor and Metallo (Public Enemies)

Batmannerism likes this.
  10. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

That works too ! Great ! Joker and Luthor would be ****ing epic !

Whoever thought of having Batman and Superman as enemies for most of their first ever live action film appearance had their head up their ass , as far as understanding the characters and the fans/audience goes.

Rorschach2012 likes this.
  11. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Team up rather than vs would definitely have been my preferred route. These are intelligent *heroes*, not low IQ brawlers. No way they should go through nearly a whole film still not figuring out that the other guy is decent and not one of the bad guys.

Batmannerism likes this.
  12. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Here’s my ideal setup:

Man of Steel handled it all wrong. Man of Steel would’ve been a more optimistic story with Brainiac as our villain. It also would’ve outright been confirmed as a spinoff of TDKT.

Rises would’ve ended way different. John Blake would’ve been Dick Grayson. Heath would still be alive and would’ve had a MAJOR role in Rises. And Bruce would’ve stuck around to train Dick.

Man of Steel would’ve had a post credits sequence featuring Bale’s Batman reacting to news footage of the events of Man of Steel.

BvS would’ve been titled “Batman vs Superman or Batman vs Superman: World’s Finest” it would’ve been a teamup film through and through. There would be a quick fight between Batman and Superman during their first meeting but they would quickly become allies. Villains would’ve been Heath Ledger as Joker, Brittany Murphy as Harley Quinn, Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, and Adam Driver as Metallo.

I’d keep Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Momoa as Aquaman. Their solo films would largely remain the same.

That’s all I’ve got until next time..

Batmannerism likes this.
  13. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Registered

It could’ve just been
    Batman & Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It could’ve been a good vs movie though if the story was good and lex Luthor was done properly

Batmannerism likes this.