If you controlled the DCEU and could do anything.....

I would only make Batman and Superman solo movies and have them be in separate universes.

If I controlled the DC cinematic universe, it wouldn't be the current version of it, that's for sure.

My first priority would be to get Superman back to being leader of the pack with a movie that finally pulls away from Luthor and Zod and the Evil Super-Clone Of The Week, and wholly embraces the Superman mythos instead of turning away from it in embarrassment: Superman & The Legion Of Superheroes, a live-action conflation of STAS' "New Kids In Town" and bits of the LOSH animated series, about college-freshman Clark Kent returning to Smallville (accompanied by his current squeeze Lori Lemaris - Lana and Lois have hogged screens long enough; it's time for Superman's mermaid girlfriend, dammit!) for his parents' double funeral after they die in a freak accident that happens at the same time he's in the middle of a super-powered rescue abroad, and his regret over being unable to save the two most important people in his life gets resolved when Brainiac - yes, ****ing BRAINIAC, for once - time-drops into town to eradicate him and anybody who stands between.

Then with that franchise underway, on to The Adventures Of Batman & Robin, a mix of BTAS' "Robin's Reckoning" and "Robin: Year One", portraying the Batman-Robin partnership as a sensei and padawan, complete with an Alfred who isn't real big on going along with child endangerment (and for that matter, neither is Jim Gordon), and a big-screen redemption for Mr. Freeze that leaves the puns in the '60s. Not to say I wouldn't want to have SOME fun with this one, though - I'd be tempted to lift Miller and Lee's flying submersible Batmobile out of All-Star B&R, since that was about the only thing about that series I liked.

Past that, I'm not sure what else I'd do with the rest of the DC pantheon, but I do know I'd want to crank out at least two more Superman stand-alones and relegate Batman strictly to team-up status via The Brave & The Bold - him plus a super-powered DC hero against either one of their villains or a team-up of one of theirs AND one of his.

Where our individual heroes are concerned, I'd look at the most popular arcs from the comics and adapt those to film.

Batman: Affleck's Batman Movie, an adaption of The Killing Joke, and Arkham Asylum: Serious House on a Serious Earth

Green Lantern: First Arc in this unofficial trilogy, the title escapes me at the moment, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night

I'm not familiar enough with Superman, Aquaman or Wonder Woman yet to make suggestions for their film trilogies.

Change nothing but recast Lois Lane. Back in March I was in joy mode because I had just seen the movie. But now after a few months and a lot more viewings I don't think she has good chemistry with Henry; that may be Henry's fault but he is a fantastic Superman and I'm never letting him go.
I liked Snyder's MOS and loved his BvS but I don't think I want him running everything. Would just like to get some diverse opinions in there and that doesnt include Nolan or Goyer.

MOS
MOS sequel
Batman
Batman v Superman (3hr version) w/o the "Martha" scene
Suicide Squad
2017 WW movie Flash movie
2018 JL (Jan) JL2 (June) JLFinale (December)

Last edited:
I'd give all of the movies a comparatively lighthearted feel - Batman included (in comparison to the Dark Knight Trilogy). I'm sick of the grit and somber tones.

Recast Flash and Lex Luthor. Nothing against these actors personally, but I don't like what I see.

Make Flash's suit either non-armored or only lightly armored. What does he need the mech suit for anyway?

Started JL lineup would be the classic WW, Barry Flash, Hal GL, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman with Supes and Bats as heavy supporting characters until the end when they officially join the team. But I'd use JL as the first 5's time to shine and spin solos out of it.

JL Dark would get made as would the Booster/Beetle movie. I'd drop Shazam until the next phase after we get two JLs out there alongside the aforementioned two.

That's all I can think of for now.

I'd keep Snyder doing what he does best, but stick a good writer under him. Like Tim Burton, he's a great stylist but they don't know a good script when they're looking at it. David Goyer is mediocre at best and has been riding coattails of better writers (the Nolan bros.) for far too long. I'd also make sure the script was solid before shooting any of the films. I'd also have disapproved the ideas for the Joker makeup designs and grill, laugh at David Ayer, thinking it was a joke option.

The first thing I would do to the dceu if I was in control would be to make it not completely suck

Bring in Bruce Timm and let him and Johns come up with a detailed story board for the future of the franchise. Get better quality control because whoever keeps signing off on these cuts for the film are obviously bad at their job. I don't know who they are screening these movies to pre release but those guys have bad taste.

I would inject some life into these movies. They shouldn't be so bleak and chore to watch.

The first thing I would do to the dceu if I was in control would be to make it not completely suck

my man

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Nightcrawler-GIF-pointing-laughing.gif

I would start it again from scratch completely with different directors different writing teams on every film but hire believable actors for the roles of certain DCEU characters and set it up to build to Justice League by doing this

Batman solo film (mid credits scene Green Lantern Easter Egg; post credits scene builds towards Superman's solo film with a cameo from Clark Kent/Superman himself)

Superman solo film (Wonder Woman cameo mid credits; post credits scene builds towards Wonder Woman)

Batman sequel film (post credits scene builds towards The Flash)

Green Lantern solo film (post credits scene builds towards Martian Manhunter)

The Flash solo film (cameos from Green Arrow and Black Canary ) (post credits scene with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold building towards a future team up movie)

Wonder Woman solo film (post credits scene builds towards Aquaman)

Martian Manhunter solo film (Green Lantern cameo mid credits; post credits scene builds towards Green Lantern sequel)

Superman sequel film (post credits scene builds toward Justice League)

Aquaman solo film (post credits scene builds towards Shazam solo film)

Justice League film (mid credits builds towards Justice League sequel) (post credits scene builds towards Suicide Squad)

Blue Beetle & Booster Gold film (cameos from The Flash, Wonder Woman and Batman himself with a couple of Suicide Squad members showing up to cause havoc) (no post credits scene)

Suicide Squad (mid credits scene with The Suicide Squad coming face to face with Justice League members) (post credits scene builds towards Batman threequel)

A crowd-pleasing Superman solo.

Solo films that build up towards Justice League in the right way but instead of making Justice League a two-parter I would make it a trilogy of films where The Justice League are concerned but for the third and final film I would make it a two-parter all together it would be 4 films

Oh, here's something: you know how with the MCU, you've got Jon Bernthal brushing up on Punisher comics or, recently, Brie Larson reading up on Captain Marvel. Rarely, if ever, do I hear anyone in the DCEU, director, actor, or otherwise, except for Rick Famuyiwa, saying they're reading or have read any comics or source material in order to learn more about the character. Maybe do that instead of just bulking up for roles.

Last edited:
Still haven't seen Suicide Squad, but reading the comics, I have an idea of how I'd handle the Adversary.

Enchantress is sent in to deal with the Incubus and is given military support as backup/is in contact with Amanda Waller.

Enchantress then helps Incubus turn Midway City into their own personal kingdom. Sends a message directly to Waller and co - stay the **** out or we'll treat the rest of the country as a hostile.

Waller sends in Task Force X to deal with Enchantress and Incubus.

Joker gets word from his mole in Waller's agency and heads there as much for Harley as to look into a supernatural upgrade to keep his criminal enterprises in Gotham afloat.

The Jihad group does something like this in the comics - attack Manhattan, executes some news anchors on public television and hijack the broadcast to send a message to Amanda Waller.

Giving some neglected SS peeps stuff to do. Movie spoilers.

Killer Croc - mention a past in black market organ trafficking; have a scene where he puts one of the Eyes into a deathroll, shredding it to pieces to reveal a magical core/organ that, when equipped to a weapon like a gun or one of Boomerang's boomerangs, allows the weapon to work better against the Eyes. Have scenes where Croc dresses down at least one Eye, harvesting the organs for the squads' mundane weaponry.

Katana - mention her past with the yakuza and use her work with the SS to challenge her staunch hatred of criminals. Have her come around to view them as useful weapons; not necessarily as people who made mistakes and ****ed up - just useful tools.

Boomerang - give him a kind of inferiority complex where metahuman types are concerned; have him get some catharsis by being able to bring down Eyes and by doing significant damage to the Incubus and its higher-ranked servants.

Slipknot - have the Eyes take the corpse; in the finale, the Incubus uses Slipknot's corpse as a vessel. Could be funny.

Harley - establish that Joker is a major threat that the govt wants brought down. Waller lets Harley go on the mission to serve as bait for the Joker. Nabbing Joker while cleaning up the mess in Midway would solidify Waller's Task Force X program.

Last edited:
I would start it again from scratch completely with different directors different writing teams on every film but hire believable actors for the roles of certain DCEU characters and set it up to build to Justice League by doing this

Batman solo film (mid credits scene Green Lantern Easter Egg; post credits scene builds towards Superman's solo film with a cameo from Clark Kent/Superman himself)

Superman solo film (Wonder Woman cameo mid credits; post credits scene builds towards Wonder Woman)

Batman sequel film (post credits scene builds towards The Flash)

Green Lantern solo film (post credits scene builds towards Martian Manhunter)

The Flash solo film (cameos from Green Arrow and Black Canary ) (post credits scene with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold building towards a future team up movie)

Wonder Woman solo film (post credits scene builds towards Aquaman)

Martian Manhunter solo film (Green Lantern cameo mid credits; post credits scene builds towards Green Lantern sequel)

Superman sequel film (post credits scene builds toward Justice League)

Aquaman solo film (post credits scene builds towards Shazam solo film)

Justice League film (mid credits builds towards Justice League sequel) (post credits scene builds towards Suicide Squad)

Blue Beetle & Booster Gold film (cameos from The Flash, Wonder Woman and Batman himself with a couple of Suicide Squad members showing up to cause havoc) (no post credits scene)

Suicide Squad (mid credits scene with The Suicide Squad coming face to face with Justice League members) (post credits scene builds towards Batman threequel)

lets inject some reality here

lets say the MM and GL films BOMB spectacularly

studio tells you you HAVE to course correct

what do you do?

I'd get the big storylines for the individual characters and make those the basis for their individual movies. For example,

Green Lantern's movies would be derived from:

Green Lantern: Rebirth for the first movie
Sinestro Corps War for the second
Blackest Night for the third

Batman's movies would be derived from:

Batman: Gothic for the first movie - except substitute freak rogues in place of the comic's traditional mobsters

Arkham Asylum: Serious House on a Serious Earth for the second movie

The Killing Joke for the third movie

I'm partial to Grant Morrison's stuff, so I'd probably go to whatever he did for Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. If anything for WW and Aquaman; I'm not at all familiar with these two or Superman in terms of the comics.

Ideally, you want each movie to fill like its own entity, rather than filler or merely a stepping stone to your next big event movie.

Don't have alot of time so I'll just toss a few things out...

I would have stuck with Christian Bale, I don't think it was impossible to make his Batman work in this world. Really wouldn't have been any different from Batfleck suddenly learning that metahumans exist at the beginning of BvS. Would it take some suspension of disbelief, sure, but what else is new in CB movies. Not that I have a problem with Ben, but I'd be alot more interested in this DCEU if it was led by Bale/Cavill.

Recast Lex Luthor or bring in bid daddy Luthor as the real Lex. Normally I would hate idea of replacing a character with their Father or recasting but the casting, performance & characterization of Lex in BvS was truly terrible, needs to be done.

Dump the tats, jewelry & heavy mob boss theme from Joker. Make him more of the agent of chaos, that only wants money to pay for his elaborate schemes to screw with Batman/Gotham. Give him the Purple suit and Harley some type of red & black outfit, doesn't have to be the jester costume.

Unpopular, but I'd recast both Barry Allen & Iris West and find another director, nothing about this movie is interesting me at the moment. Barry Allen/Flash is one of my favorite characters but I'm just not at all excited about that trio.

Batman solo would be Arkham Asylum, with Joker & Harley taking over the Asylum... Penguin, Deathstroke, Joker goons & a few other rouge cameo's...

Try to have Michael Wilkinson do all the movies, and not try to reinvent the wheel with their costumes. Tweaks and updates and certain characters need fresh looks but no deviating into some of stuff that happened with the Suicide Squad characters.

Get Nightwing, Green Arrow and Black Canary into some movies, not necessarily solo movies but appearances. Green Lantern would have been in Justice League Part 1 for me, his exclusion bothers me.

That's it for now...

I'd certainly find someone kicking his or her ego out the window, and is willing to make a good story about characters they understand and enjoy.
And make sure the cutting floor does not confuse trailer editing with movie editing.
One final thing: No alternate cuts, I want it good and clean.
I would grab Snyder and force him to read (or watch on youtube) the best Superman source material I could find - which would include John Byrne's Man of Steel (which apparently did make some small contribution to MOS), Kingdom Come, All-Star Superman and the current Rebirth stuff (I don't know what the other books are like but Superman and Action comics are great, Superman as the world's greatest dad !). I figure if he can get his head around Superman then he might be able to get his head around the rest of the DC universe.

Anyway, if I didn't think he got the message I would fire his ass - or transfer him to some other project that didn't require the audience to give a **** about the characters.
Firing him would only be the natural outcome to someone as hot headed as Snyder, assuming the "Normal comics aren't my forte, I love more adult comics, sex and extra violence are vital for my enjoyment." truly is the way he thinks as "a comic book guy" when it comes to comic books.

Don't have alot of time so I'll just toss a few things out...

I would have stuck with Christian Bale, I don't think it was impossible to make his Batman work in this world. Really wouldn't have been any different from Batfleck suddenly learning that metahumans exist at the beginning of BvS. Would it take some suspension of disbelief, sure, but what else is new in CB movies. Not that I have a problem with Ben, but I'd be alot more interested in this DCEU if it was led by Bale/Cavill.

Recast Lex Luthor or bring in bid daddy Luthor as the real Lex. Normally I would hate idea of replacing a character with their Father or recasting but the casting, performance & characterization of Lex in BvS was truly terrible, needs to be done.

Dump the tats, jewelry & heavy mob boss theme from Joker. Make him more of the agent of chaos, that only wants money to pay for his elaborate schemes to screw with Batman/Gotham. Give him the Purple suit and Harley some type of red & black outfit, doesn't have to be the jester costume.

Unpopular, but I'd recast both Barry Allen & Iris West and find another director, nothing about this movie is interesting me at the moment. Barry Allen/Flash is one of my favorite characters but I'm just not at all excited about that trio.

Batman solo would be Arkham Asylum, with Joker & Harley taking over the Asylum... Penguin, Deathstroke, Joker goons & a few other rouge cameo's...

Try to have Michael Wilkinson do all the movies, and not try to reinvent the wheel with their costumes. Tweaks and updates and certain characters need fresh looks but no deviating into some of stuff that happened with the Suicide Squad characters.

Get Nightwing, Green Arrow and Black Canary into some movies, not necessarily solo movies but appearances. Green Lantern would have been in Justice League Part 1 for me, his exclusion bothers me.

That's it for now...

Personally Bale's version of Batman could you imagine him in the Justice League leading them? I don't know if I could to be honest...I think Ben Affleck's Batman has more of a screen presence more of that leadership quality about him that Batman exudes whereas Bale's version is more of a dark, brooding loner who doesn't have that same leadership quality that Affleck's Batman has

But for re-casting Lex Luthor I definitely agree with this I wouldn't have cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex to begin with...I would have casted someone else entirely as Lex Luthor certainly someone more believable like Bryan Cranston, Matthew McConaughey or even Jon Hamm

Yeah I would have given Joker the purple suit too and not the heavy mob boss motif...but Leto's Joker I would keep because he actually was perfect but for Harley Quinn I would keep Margot Robbie too she was perfect but her costume I would make it similar to the comics version of Harley

Green Lantern I would have included him in Justice League Part 1 but also include Green Arrow too and Black Canary too in Part 1 but Cyborg I would have him completely taken out of the Justice League in favor of Green Lantern but Cyborg I would have saved him for Part 2

Nightwing/Dick Grayson his version of Robin I would have him join The Justice League too but in Part 2...Part 1 I would introduce him slowly

Personally Bale's version of Batman could you imagine him in the Justice League leading them? I don't know if I could to be honest...I think Ben Affleck's Batman has more of a screen presence more of that leadership quality about him that Batman exudes whereas Bale's version is more of a dark, brooding loner who doesn't have that same leadership quality that Affleck's Batman has

But for re-casting Lex Luthor I definitely agree with this I wouldn't have cast Jesse Eisenberg as Lex to begin with...I would have casted someone else entirely as Lex Luthor certainly someone more believable like Bryan Cranston, Matthew McConaughey or even Jon Hamm

Yeah I would have given Joker the purple suit too and not the heavy mob boss motif...but Leto's Joker I would keep because he actually was perfect but for Harley Quinn I would keep Margot Robbie too she was perfect but her costume I would make it similar to the comics version of Harley

Green Lantern I would have included him in Justice League Part 1 but also include Green Arrow too and Black Canary too in Part 1 but Cyborg I would have him completely taken out of the Justice League in favor of Green Lantern but Cyborg I would have saved him for Part 2

Nightwing/Dick Grayson his version of Robin I would have him join The Justice League too but in Part 2...Part 1 I would introduce him slowly

Eh, I see what you're saying but I just prefer everything about Bale's version except for the costume. Bale is just a much, much better actor and more believable in the role for me and he definitely has the range as an actor to pull off any type of characterization they wanted to go with. I understand why they made the change, but I wouldn't have and for me personally, I'd be way more excited about this DCEU with Bale still around. There is nothing "wrong" with Ben, he's good but it's just not the same, my opinion.

There are literally dozens upon dozens of actors who would have been much better as Lex than Eisenberg. If you would have asked me before they cast Lex, who the WORST choices to play Lex would be, Eisenberg would have made that list. They had the right idea bringing him in to try out for Jimmy Olsen, he would have been perfect for that role. I don't care how controversial recasting is, Eisenberg would never play Lex again if I was in charge, that was just a horrendous decision from the start.

Yeah, I don't want to replace Leto or Robbie, just tweak their characterizations a bit and dump the horrible costumes/tats. In terms of acting, Robbie was great and Leto was good with the potential to be great as well. I think they can both be great in the roles, just want a more traditional characterization/look for both.

Agree with the Cyborg thing, I have less than zero interest in him or Shazam. Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Nightwing, among others should all have appeared before even thinking about adding characters like Cyborg or Shazam.

2016 - Batman v Superman (no WW, no DD)

2017 - Wonder Woman, The Flash, Suicide Squad: Assault on Arkham

2018- Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Batman

2019- Trinity, Shazam

2020 - Justice League

2021 - Suicide Squad 2, Batman 2, Wonder Woman 2

2022 - MOS 2, Flashpoint Paradox, Green Lantern 2

2023 - Wonder Woman 2, Shazam 2, Batman 3

2024 - Aquaman 2, Justice League 2

I didn't give it much thought, but i think this would be nice.

Put a temporary ban on using Zod and Lex. Only one Superman movie out of the last seven didn't use either of these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"