If you controlled the DCEU and could do anything.....

I'd have the justice league as Cavill, Affleck, Gadot, Miller and the rock as Aquaman , will smith as John Stewart and Chris pine as Hal Jordan.

I'd either have started the universe out with someone else as Superman or recast the role. Henry Cavill doesn't have the acting ability for someone like Superman, who requires a certain warmth and charisma. Physically yes, Cavill looks like Superman, but he can't act for **** and his lines are always delivered so coldly and sounds forced.

The reason the DCEU is messed up is the botched the character of Superman. All the other portrayals and characters they wrote are good enough but Superman, they fumbled.

Just fix Superman and the rest will fall in place.

Put a temporary ban on using Zod and Lex. Only one Superman movie out of the last seven didn't use either of these characters.

THIS.

Heck, if I thought it could be gotten away with, I'd even toss the LOSH 'toon's bionic version of Terra-Man into my Superman idea as a henchman/pawn of Brainiac 1.0, just for s***s and giggles.

I'd either have started the universe out with someone else as Superman or recast the role. Henry Cavill doesn't have the acting ability for someone like Superman, who requires a certain warmth and charisma. Physically yes, Cavill looks like Superman, but he can't act for **** and his lines are always delivered so coldly and sounds forced.

+1.

I've always been critical of his acting abilities. He's very stiff and often sounds like he's narrating instead of naturally delivering his lines.

Last edited:
I would trust the talent a little more and not butcher films already set. I would allow longer films or at least have them conceived as shorter from the beginning.I'm happy with the talent and I feel some fine work has done so far. I might make them what I consider more remedial for those with no attention span but maybe not.

I'd actually probably want to change more things in marvel's current direction myself but that's me.

Last edited:
+1.

I've always been critical of his acting abilities. He's very stiff and often sounds like he's narrating instead of naturally delivering his lines.

It must be Snyder's direction because Cavill is decent in other roles.

I would trust the talent a little more and not butcher films already set. I would allow longer films or at least have them conceived as shorter from the beginning.I'm happy with the talent and I feel some fine work has done so far. I might make them what I consider more remedial for those with no attention span but maybe not.

I'd actually probably want to change more things in marvel's current direction myself but that's me.

I don't want them to go more remedial as you say, but I'm afraid that's where it's gonna head just to sell tickets. I've loved what they've done so far too. I gave up on Marvel. The constant jokes, silly villains, no stakes just doesn't do it for me. Great for family fun I think but I prefer what DC has done. I'll miss it if they start throwing one liners in on every scene.

Put a temporary ban on using Zod and Lex. Only one Superman movie out of the last seven didn't use either of these characters.

Yes, to this.

Perhaps also some less ambitious movies involving characters who aren't Batman or Superman, and not relying so much on cameos or name-dropping of those characters.

Eh, the more I think about it, I would probably be forced to have Lex make an appearance or two in the sequel to my Superman/Legion movie, but he'd have to be backseated in favor of the three henchmen he'd create to fight Superman - Bizarro, Metallo and Parasite; as for as a proper "brains" villain, I'd probably lean more toward Gen. Lane whom Lex would be working for/with.

After that, the third movie would probably be a space-centric Mongul/Warworld story which would also intro J'onn and probably Lobo too just for the heck of it, with Superman and J'onn returning to Earth just in time to discover that Lex, having made a national hero of himself cleaning up the mess left by the battles of the previous film, has answered the call to run for President...setting into motion the chain of events that would lead to the formation of the Justice League.

Last edited:
Use the resurrection to change Superman's portrayal.

Marvel has its blueprint for success. DC already found its own formula but is simply not using it.

I'd leave Lex in prison, never to be seen again, and Joker would only have one more scene for the purpose of Harley leaving him. The DCEU needs to explore more villains now, especially since the newer versions of those two have blown chunks.

Make a Catwoman movie using Selina Kyle and have it be about her being a thief, something like Selina's Big Score. And have her be very good a what she does just because she is very good at what she does, not because she is a woman. None of this nonsense about making the villain female too played by a big name actress just because Catwoman is a woman. Give her a real foe. Carmine Falcone, the Penguin, somebody that is a real threat.

Make a Catwoman movie using Selina Kyle and have it be about her being a thief, something like Selina's Big Score. And have her be very good a what she does just because she is very good at what she does, not because she is a woman. None of this nonsense about making the villain female too played by a big name actress just because Catwoman is a woman. Give her a real foe. Carmine Falcone, the Penguin, somebody that is a real threat.

I like it :up:

Absolutely.

Plus, I would've made Brainiac the main villain of Man of Steel instead of General Zod and have him be the direct cause of Krypton's planet core becoming unstable which lead to its destruction. Superman would learn about Krypton and his birth parents through Brainiac (just like in the cartoon) and then discover that he plans to destroy Earth the same way he did with Krypton. Then, I would not have Lois Lane know about Clark Kent's extraterrestrial background because it ruins the magic that is the love triangle between Clark, Lois, and Superman (even though we all know that Clark and Superman are the same person).

Plus, I would've brought back Kevin Spacey to play a much different version of Lex Luthor than the one he played in Superman Returns but I would keep Michael Shannon as Zod.

Eh, the best runs of Superman are the ones where Lois *does* know who Superman is. Trying to do a Lois/Clark/Superman "love triangle" these days, would at *best* come off as corny. At worst, its downright creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"