World If you had to choose...

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Joined
Jul 13, 2001
Messages
35,629
Reaction score
1
Points
31
Let's say Marvel was to get rid of one of two Spider-Man powers; I'm referring to his new ones. Which one could you live with?
 
I'd rather him lose them all...still, if I had to pick one I could live with, it would be the organic webbing...despite the fact that it demeans Peter's skills of invention....:mad:
 
Aw, crap, read the question wrong before I voted. D'oh!

Minus one from stingers and add one for webbing.
 
i misread the poll thinking it was for which new power TO GET RID OF and voted stingers can someone correct the vote please i'd like him to keep the webbing its the lesser of two evils
 
F**K! I did the same! :o

Screw it, I'll say it instead...out of the two, I'd like to see the stingers gone. For good! It's the lesser of the two evils IMO.
 
Dammit, guys! I hope no one at Marvel reads this poll, or else they'll.....I don't want to think about it!!!

Oh well...I'm sure enough votes will still turn the tide of it all. I can't think of anyone who actually likes the stingers aside fromt he occasional troll and the occasional blithering idiot.
 
shinlyle said:
it would be the organic webbing...despite the fact that it demeans Peter's skills of invention....:mad:

Why would you say that?....Pete was still capable of inventing the spider shooters, which is pretty durned impressive for a teen :).....the organic webbing simply made "the great invention" obsolete, it doesn't demean the inventor...

...personally I always liked the TAS explanation of Pete's web shooters in that his spider abilities made him more in tune with enzymes and the such that made up spider webbing
 
WhatIfTales said:
Why would you say that?....Pete was still capable of inventing the spider shooters, which is pretty durned impressive for a teen :).....the organic webbing simply made "the great invention" obsolete, it doesn't demean the inventor...

...personally I always liked the TAS explanation of Pete's web shooters in that his spider abilities made him more in tune with enzymes and the such that made up spider webbing

True, but no new readers of the book would ever know anything about the mechanical web-shooters, as they are NEVER mentioned in the ongoing series'. The last mention of them that I recall was in the "I (Heart) Marvel: Web of Romance" one shot. Aside from that, they haven't been mentioned since MKSM #4, when Peter tried to use them, but they weren't there, as he fell off of a building.
 
I'd much rather have the organic webbing stick around (pun intended, *******). Honestly, I forget it's even there most of the time. The stingers...you can't really forget.
 
shinlyle said:
True, but no new readers of the book would ever know anything about the mechanical web-shooters, as they are NEVER mentioned in the ongoing series'. The last mention of them that I recall was in the "I (Heart) Marvel: Web of Romance" one shot. Aside from that, they haven't been mentioned since MKSM #4, when Peter tried to use them, but they weren't there, as he fell off of a building.

Good point....and the way Pete's being portrayed these days, someone new to the character (within the last year or so) would rightly assume he's Rhino smart with a better repertoire of one liners!
 
WhatIfTales said:
Good point....and the way Pete's being portrayed these days, someone new to the character (within the last year or so) would rightly assume he's Rhino smart with a better repertoire of one liners!

Given the level of intelligence with which Spidey is portrayed nowadays, it wouldn't shock me in the least to see him charge through a wall and get stuck in his own webbing. Anyone who would accept an uber-technologically-based suit and wear it without checking it for booby-traps and failsafes and then swear a blood-oath to an alcoholic and act like his dumbfounded sidekick isn't the brightest light in the hall, you know?

I remember when Peter used to be able to whip up serums to turn the Lizard back into Curt Conners, he used to build seismic disruptors and insulated suits and such out of household junk....hell, he even found a frequency that coincided with his Spider-sense so that he could more effectively track foes!

Now, Peter has trouble balancing his checkbook and working an MP3 player. It's ridiculous.
 
So technically we have no votes for the stingers at this time.
 
MaxCarnage said:
Aw, crap, read the question wrong before I voted. D'oh!

Minus one from stingers and add one for webbing.

Me too. :(
 
shinlyle said:
Given the level of intelligence with which Spidey is portrayed nowadays, it wouldn't shock me in the least to see him charge through a wall and get stuck in his own webbing. Anyone who would accept an uber-technologically-based suit and wear it without checking it for booby-traps and failsafes and then swear a blood-oath to an alcoholic and act like his dumbfounded sidekick isn't the brightest light in the hall, you know?

I remember when Peter used to be able to whip up serums to turn the Lizard back into Curt Conners, he used to build seismic disruptors and insulated suits and such out of household junk....hell, he even found a frequency that coincided with his Spider-sense so that he could more effectively track foes!

Now, Peter has trouble balancing his checkbook and working an MP3 player. It's ridiculous.

I didn't see the actual preview at Pop Culture but didn't Pete also just speak at the Senate in defence of not registering only to realize his speech actually in effect defended the pro registration stance?.......
 
Get rid of teh stingers... I'm tired of dumbass Pete... Give Peter his brains back...
 
WhatIfTales said:
I didn't see the actual preview at Pop Culture but didn't Pete also just speak at the Senate in defence of not registering only to realize his speech actually in effect defended the pro registration stance?.......
That did happen. But it fits his whole "sidekick" persona.:spidey:
 
WhatIfTales said:
I didn't see the actual preview at Pop Culture but didn't Pete also just speak at the Senate in defence of not registering only to realize his speech actually in effect defended the pro registration stance?.......

Yes...and that is one more reason why I no longer buy Amazing Spider-Man.

Peter Parker: The Amazing Puppet-Side-kick to the Invincible Iron Man!!!
 
I'd keep the Organics (lesser of two evils). I dislike how dumb they have written Peter. Yet another thing JMS ****ed up. Where are all the people saying how well he writes Peter now?
 
Upset Spideyfan said:
Blasted! I screwed up the poll.

Don't worry about it...far as I can tell we have 11 people who prefer the organic webbing and 6 who can't read :)...

Edited to add..What a bunch of freaking Peter Parkers in here!!
 
shinlyle said:
Dammit, guys! I hope no one at Marvel reads this poll, or else they'll.....I don't want to think about it!!!

Oh well...I'm sure enough votes will still turn the tide of it all. I can't think of anyone who actually likes the stingers aside fromt he occasional troll and the occasional blithering idiot.

Unfortunately, they're less occassional than I think most of us would like to see. ;)
 
WhatIfTales said:
Don't worry about it...far as I can tell we have 11 people who prefer the organic webbing and 6 who can't read :)...

Edited to add..What a bunch of freaking Peter Parkers in here!!

lol...I think that may be the most accurate result of this poll!
 
thank you chris for correcting my vote
 
Get rid of the stingers....Definatley :o
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,529
Messages
21,751,956
Members
45,585
Latest member
KampRabbit1453
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"