Comics The Greatest Spider-Man Villain(s)?

Hypno-Hustler. Best. Villain. Ever.

jk

one villian that needs more play is Hydro-Man... i like him so much better than Sandman

I wonder..i heard once that sometimes people can go by generations..like Venom is for those who read Spider-Man comics in the 1990's or 1980's but older readers can go with Green Goblin(Norman) or Dr.Octopus..but at the same the time Goblin can trancend generations. Because of his history with Spider-Man.

I wish more people liked the Jackal.
That guy's just twisted.

1. Venom
2. Lizard
3. Doc Ock
4. Carnage
5. Green Goblin

one villian that needs more play is Hydro-Man... i like him so much better than Sandman

Awesome. I thought he was great in TAS. Hydro-Man had a good story and was well portrayed. And yes, so much better than Sandman. Nothing we hadn't seen before in The Mummy.

I wish more people liked the Jackal.
That guy's just twisted.

I'd like to see him as a movie villain but I guess we need to see oldies like Scorpion, Lizard & Mysterio first.

Do you have a good story in mind for The Jackal if he ever made it to a movie script?

Very creepy guy all the same.

I know its not Spidey but I'd love to see a Jackal vs Beast battle. Always thought they looked similar.

:shock

Scorpion in a movie would be awesome, but kinda odd since he was in the movie adapted videogame Spiderman 2

Scorpion in a movie would be awesome, but kinda odd since he was in the movie adapted videogame Spiderman 2

True but they could easily just make a comment like..."this guy again?"
or something like that.
I am waiting for shocker to show up.
He could be like a cameo atleast.
So could Boomerang.

yeah... the perfect story could involve Hammerhead & KINGPIN & Smythe & Silvermain... all teaming up as sort of a Godfather/mobster organised crime thing!

They could make it like Batman: The Long Halloween!

Eh, it may just be me but I think Hammerhead is a lame villain, he's just one funny looking mofo.

1.Doc Ock
2.Green Goblin
3. Lizzard
4. Mysterio
5.Kingpin

Hypno Hustler still beats em' all.

The Green Goblin is Spider-Man's arch enemy. Not only has he taken the lives of Harry and Norman (temporarily), he's plagued Peter Parker's life and his loved ones, and he has a legacy no other villain can compare to; five different men have been the Green Goblin, three Hobgoblins, the Grey Goblin, and various Goblins of the future.

Who is my favourite villain? I like the original Hobgoblin, Kraven and Tombstone.

My personal bias made me vote Lizard of course, but I'm sure this poll will work out the way it should in the end:

1. GG
2. Ock
3. Venom (as much as it pains me)

I think Doc Ock is the most formidable. But I think GG has caused the most damage to Spidey...So it was hard. I voted for them both.

Personally I'm partial towards The Lizard.

Any body here...?
Hello?...
(echo...echo...echo...)

No more opinions?

1. Carnage
2. Venom
3. Doc Ock
4. Green Goblin
5. Morlun

Top three:

1.) Venom (Edward "Eddie" Charles Brock)
2.) Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
3.) Doctor Octopus (Dr.Otto Octavius)

1. Venom- Now obviously all characters revolve around who and how someone is writing them, so my reasoning is essence I get compared to others. Brock, despite those who think his reasons for hating spiderman are pointless or vague or that he brought it on himself, or whatever...bottom line being he does blame him. Don't care if you like why, but Brock sees Spiderman as a problem and tries to eliminate him. He fights spiderman just as hard as Spiderman does other villians, because he perceives Spiderman as a villian, someone who destroyed his life. He isn't fighting for power or money, he is fighting Spiderman because of an injustice he feels. I think anyone can relate to feeling like someone else has short changed you some how. Add the symbiote making him a little wonky in the head, and his desire to not fully be taken over by it, and I think you have a character that should be appreciated for more then vapid brute. Theres more to Brock then I think people give him credit for. That's my opinion.

2. Lizard- Granted, Connors did it to himself, but how horrible is it for your mentor/professor to turn into a monster he cannot control. I think the duality of this is character is really tremendous and I have loved not only the comics, but how both the 90s TAS and the S-SM have portrayed him.

3. Mysterio- I actually do not know why I like Beck so much, maybe it's the fishbowl. But I think he is underrated, and would make an awesome villian visually in the movieverse.

4. Carnage- I've once read that he is intended to be like Spiderman's Joker. A sadistic mad man. In the DC/Marvel cross over (if someone can tell me what the issue was I'd be thrilled) several years back, Carnage even sought Joker out. I agree with many that he isn't the deepest character, but he doesn't need to be. His insanity mixed with his power makes him so dangerous. The sheer joy he gets in murder is sick without a doubt, but like he's said, "Anyone can kill, if you only have the courage." (That quote I don't think was verbatim)

5. Hobgoblin (Jason Macendale)- I think someone else in the topic said it best, he is a great display of greed, criminality, and corruption. Do I think he is better then Norman? No, not really. Do I like him better? Yes, I really do. I think he can be underrated at times, and I cannot wait to see how S-SM portrays this Criminal Mastermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"