Comics The Greatest Spider-Man Villain(s)?

1) Venom
2) Shocker
3) Doc Ock
4) Green Goblin I
5) Carnage
6) Scorpion
7) Lizard
8) Rhino
9) Sandman
10) Electro

It would be great if people could also put why the character is their favorite!

Please?

Well, Venom is my favorite because his powers come from Spider-man himself. I love how he has all of Spidey's powers only stronger, combined with the symbiote's natural abilities. I like the character of Eddie Brock having a personal vendetta against Spiderman, and he finds this common ground with the symbiote to create Venom.

i like Silvermaine, even if he's not in modern continuity anymore... I think characters like that give Spidey the potential to actually fight crime & not just some oversized, physically deformed or costumed freaks

(i love organized crime, but NOT THE KINGPIN, HE's too much of a physical character PLUS frank miller made him a daredevil villian THROUGH & THROUGH BABY!)

Scorpion because he's so flawed...He has the potential to be great but his lack of intellect is his major downfall...Actually, I guess I could say the same for Rhino.

Rhino will always be a minor i.e. SUPPORTING VILLIAN...

Scorpion i guess is the same, but Matt Gargan is adaptable for a movie the way Jonathon Crane was in Batman begins... as a sort of SUBVILLIAN or supporting villian

Rhino will always be a minor i.e. SUPPORTING VILLIAN...

Scorpion i guess is the same, but Matt Gargan is adaptable for a movie the way Jonathon Crane was in Batman begins... as a sort of SUBVILLIAN or supporting villian

I agree. Oh, and his name is Mac Gargan, just saying.

Tough call. I chose Dr. Octopus, even though it's been awhile since we've had a great Ock story. The Spidey books have been too Goblin-obsessed lately, IMO.

There's a small part of me that will always have a soft spot for Carnage, too. The character is absolutely insane and has the potential to be the scariest of Spidey's rogues. It's a shame he was so overused in the 90s.

Every time I see threads like this, I weep at the fact Chameleon isn't a top contender for the greatest Spidey villian. On more than one occasion, this guy had storylines that could have propelled him beyond the likes of Ock and Goblin only to cop out in the end in some fashion by having some other villian behind it or having MJ or May defeat him. :whatever: This guy is a spy, right? Or was one? The things he could do to Peter's personal life would make killing Gwen look small. I mean this guy could look like anyone and instill Skrull-like parinoia (sp?) in Pete's mind. Next to Venom, and in some ways less than him he is perhaps the only villian to know Peter's ID (before civil war) and had little to show for it. I swear, in my little ideal world, Chameleon would have killed May and Raped MJ by now.

Voted Chameleon in the hopes he can be made credible some day.

Every time I see threads like this, I weep at the fact Chameleon isn't a top contender for the greatest Spidey villian. On more than one occasion, this guy had storylines that could have propelled him beyond the likes of Ock and Goblin only to cop out in the end in some fashion by having some other villian behind it or having MJ or May defeat him. :whatever: This guy is a spy, right? Or was one? The things he could do to Peter's personal life would make killing Gwen look small. I mean this guy could look like anyone and instill Skrull-like parinoia (sp?) in Pete's mind. Next to Venom, and in some ways less than him he is perhaps the only villian to know Peter's ID (before civil war) and had little to show for it. I swear, in my little ideal world, Chameleon would have killed May and Raped MJ by now.

Voted Chameleon in the hopes he can be made credible some day.
You're ideal world involves, killing old ladies and raping young women?:huh::wow:
Chameleon does seem a little underestimated, but he probably doesn't have to many fans, because most people want super villains that have like super-strength or energy blasts.

You're ideal world involves, killing old ladies and raping young women?:huh::wow:

:yay: Not really, just those two. First of all, I hated MJ (although there was a time during David and Todd's run I had some respect for the character) I was always of the opinion that Peter and Betty got together again (FFS-M #20 made my day), and secondly May should have stayed dead.

Chameleon does seem a little underestimated, but he probably doesn't have to many fans, because most people want super villains that have like super-strength or energy blasts

I see what you mean, but not having powers never stopped Lex Luthor from being popular.

:yay: Not really, just those two. First of all, I hated MJ (although there was a time during David and Todd's run I had some respect for the character) I was always of the opinion that Peter and Betty got together again (FFS-M #20 made my day), and secondly May should have stayed dead.
Oh, I forgot to say, I was just kidding about that.:yay:

I see what you mean, but not having powers never stopped Lex Luthor from being popular.
That's partly because he's the only Superman villain they really show to the public. I mean movie goers and bandwagon fans don't know who Darkseid or Bizzaro are.

i like Silvermaine, even if he's not in modern continuity anymore... I think characters like that give Spidey the potential to actually fight crime & not just some oversized, physically deformed or costumed freaks

(i love organized crime, but NOT THE KINGPIN, HE's too much of a physical character PLUS frank miller made him a daredevil villian THROUGH & THROUGH BABY!)

Silvermaine was a great villain in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. But people are voting on the poll,every villain has a vote now. But it's common sense who the clear leaders are,I would say Venom due to the 90's cartoon..but more recently for the movie.

Chameleon does seem a little underestimated, but he probably doesn't have to many fans, because most people want super villains that have like super-strength or energy blasts.

Joker's popular, Luthor's popular, President Bush is unpopular, but he's still bad guy without power's, list goes on and on...

The top three, forever in this order..
1) The Green Goblin (Norman):gg:
2) Doc Ock:otto:
3) Venom:sym:

My favorite and pick for the greatest shall always be the ever-lovin' dark-eyed Dr. Octavius...if that wasn't already painfully obvious by my username and avatar...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"