If you thought sitting next to a crying baby on a plane was bad...

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
Passengers put up stink as jet's toilets overflow

Last Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2007 | 1:28 PM ET

The Associated Press

Passengers who endured a two-day trans-Atlantic odyssey on a jet with sewage overflowing from its lavatories are getting an apology from Continental Airlines for the "poor conditions."

Flight 71, with 168 customers on board, took off June 13 from Amsterdam bound for Newark, N.J., but only got as far as Shannon, Ireland, because of a problem with the lavatory.

The flight resumed the next day after repair work seemed to restore smooth flow in the lavatory system, a Continental spokesman said Thursday. But during the flight from Shannon to Newark, renamed Flight 1970, "the problem developed again," spokesman Dave Messing said.

When the plane landed in Newark, he said, it was determined that the blockage had been caused by someone flushing latex gloves down the toilet.

There are signs above the toilet that warn against flushing foreign objects.

"Occasionally these instructions are overlooked," he said.

A passenger told Seattle television station KING that sewage flowed into the aisles, only one restroom was partially working, and flight attendants kept serving meals but told passengers not to eat much. He called it the worst flight of his life.

"I was forced to sit next to human excrement for seven hours … it's a nauseating smell," Collin Brock said.

"We deeply regret the serious inconvenience to our customers and are apologizing to them and compensating them for the poor conditions on the flight as well as the diversion and delay," Messing said in a statement.

Messing said Houston-based airline is compensating passengers with travel vouchers, but he declined to say how much.

A passenger has said he was offered a $500 US voucher.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/06/21/continental-complaint.html

Good god. $500? That's it?

$500? **** that, I'd want more than that ****.

And not even in cash! It was in a voucher for a future plane trip with the same company. Like any of them would actually want to use it after this.

And not even in cash! It was in a voucher for a future plane trip with the same company. Like any of them would actually want to use it after this.

I wouldn't mind if it were a voucher, I'd just want a lot more money. I mean, honestly, what are the chances of that happening to the same person twice?

I feel bad for the guy who was in the restroom before it happened.

I feel bad for the guy who was in the restroom before it happened.

What about the guy next in line for the bathroom after him who had a tabasco chili burrito for lunch and a bottle of prune juice to wash it down? :wow:

What about the guy next in line for the bathroom after him who had a tabasco chili burrito for lunch and a bottle of prune juice to wash it down? :wow:
I would've jumpd out of the plane and do my business on the way down.:cmad:NO LIE!:woot:

F**king airlines. Delta lost my luggage when I went to Vegas last weekend. We had a three hour layover in one stop between our departure city and Vegas. The luggage is gone. And they don't know where it is. I had to spend an entire weekend in Vegas without any of my things and wound up having to buy new clothes and toiletries for the weekend. I have submitted all the paperwork to get those expenditures reimbursed as well as the suitcase they lost and all it's contents. I have a feeling I'm going to have to abuse some people to get the money they owe me. To say I am still pissed at them is an understatement. Something like sewage in the aisles would have sent me over the edge.

jag

F**king airlines. Delta lost my luggage when I went to Vegas last weekend. We had a three hour layover in one stop between our departure city and Vegas. The luggage is gone. And they don't know where it is. I had to spend an entire weekend in Vegas without any of my things and wound up having to buy new clothes and toiletries for the weekend. I have submitted all the paperwork to get those expenditures reimbursed as well as the suitcase they lost and all it's contents. I have a feeling I'm going to have to abuse some people to get the money they owe me. To say I am still pissed at them is an understatement. Something like sewage in the aisles would have sent me over the edge.

jag

Agreed, someone would have gotten their ass kicked over sewage.

They should've beat the ass of the punk that caused the overflow.

Passengers put up stink as jet's toilets overflow

Last Updated: Thursday, June 21, 2007 | 1:28 PM ET

The Associated Press

Passengers who endured a two-day trans-Atlantic odyssey on a jet with sewage overflowing from its lavatories are getting an apology from Continental Airlines for the "poo conditions."

this aint right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"