College student upset going to miss his plane phones in bomb threat

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
LINK

Late Passenger Admits To Airport Threat

(AP) LOS ANGELES A Florida college student pleaded guilty to calling in a phony bomb threat to the Long Beach Airport after he arrived too late to board his plane.

In his plea deal, Yechezkel Wells, a dual U.S.-Israeli citizen, admitted he made the call to try to keep the plane from leaving. He told investigators he was upset that he was not allowed to board the plane and hoped the threat would cause a delay so he might have a chance to get on, authorities said.

Wells was arrested Aug. 26 shortly after he called emergency services from a pay phone and said there was a bomb on a JetBlue flight to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The 21-year-old pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court to a felony count of conveying false information of a threat targeting an airplane.

He faces from probation to five years in prison at sentencing Jan. 29.

His lawyer, Donald Etra, said outside court that his client "apologizes to the passengers of JetBlue" who were delayed for about one hour while bomb-sniffing dogs searched the plane.

"This was a momentary gross lapse in judgment," Etra said. He did not say where Wells attended school.

Nice going kid :whatever:

And this kid gets to go to college....

Darthphere said:

Yep, so much for higher learning :woot:

I would have killed that kid if I had been on that plane and had my flight delayed. I hope they send him to the pen so he can get cornholed nightly for his transgressions.

jag

All force, no finesse. Society is a machine. You don't stop the wheels from turning; you put a few grains of sand in the engine to slow down the gears.

His mistake was trying to give an annonymous tip that there was a bomb on the plane. What he should've done was called in, saying that he thought he heard two people pass by, talking about a bomb on the plane. Then it would've been an issue of acting unsure, scared, and confused. Did he really hear what he thought he heard? Who knows. The airport security would've passed him off as paranoid after the bomb-sniffing dogs cleared the flight.

Bingo, bango, he catches his flight.

Mine is an evil genius.

Darthphere said:

I'm seriously not surprised that this kid is from Florida. The school system here sucks. :csad:

He just set the Israeli people back 500 years. I mean even moreso.

And he's supposed to be at college? :huh: :whatever:

there was a bomb threat called in to my college today too. apparently the dogs they brought in smelled something so the school shut down for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"