If you were starting an independant comic company...

No it doesn't.

Yes it does, actually. The movie didn't do too well at the box office, but comics are far less expensive to produce than a film, so a comic would most likely make back it's cost. Also, fans buying multiple copies of the DVDs shows that they would be willing to do alot to keep any kind of continuation alive. As long as you're not expecting big two level sales (which would be unrealistic anyway), a Firefly comic should make a decent profit.

No, it wouldn't.

Oh, I love Firefly. But it wouldn't.

Oh, I love Firefly. But it wouldn't.

But...oh, sorry. I thought you were someone else. My mistake. Anyway, to the point: Why don't you think it would make a profit?

Because it wouldn't.

No it doesn't, but my point stands.

No it doesn't, but my point stands.

You're point would stand alot better if you actually bothered to explain why you have it. It is a tad frustraiting not getting a straight answer when I have explained why I do think it would make a profit, you know.

I don't feel the need to prove myself.

Don't be rude.

I find it highly enlightening.

Actually, so do I. *eats popcorn* :dry:

Anyway, I agree with Q's setiment on The Shadow, plus I think Firefly could work.

Do you guys think a Law & Order comic would work?

If done well, sure. I mean, look at the creative success Rucka and Brubaker had on Gotham Central. A cop-centered comic like that could be pretty cool.

Brimstone.
Veronica Mars
Dancing with the Stars

If done well, sure. I mean, look at the creative success Rucka and Brubaker had on Gotham Central. A cop-centered comic like that could be pretty cool.

If it was me, I'd make sure that the only thing that would be missing would be the sound that goes with the title cards. :o

It'd have to be SVU, though, because...well...SVU's the best out of all of them.

No, it wouldn't.

palin2.gif
An argument isn't just contradiction. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition

That's the thing; I was never in it for an argument. The Question was. And, quite simply, I wasn't going to be baited. My original comment was - at worst - semi-serious, and hardly worth a deep discussion over. I was hoping, but repeatedly declining his invitations to a debate, he'd realize I really didn't feel strongly about it, and I guess he did, it just took him 40 or so posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"