The Wolverine IGN's Live Stream July 1 Dedicated to The Wolverine

narrows101

Reaction score
This was posted elsewhere but I thought its own thread may be better for discussion purposes and so it wouldn't get lost in another thread where people may not see it.

Join IGN's Live Stream for The Wolverine
June 28, 2013 by Jim Vejvoda

Tune in Monday, July 1 at 2pm PST.

Join IGN editors Chris Carle, Jim Vejvoda and Greg Miller this Monday, July 1 at 2pm PST for an hour-long live stream chat dedicated to The Wolverine!

We'll discuss the upcoming film starring Hugh Jackman, as well as Wolverine's big screen and comic book histories. We'll also chat a bit about how video games have handled Wolverine thus far.
We'll be fielding your questions during the broadcast so tweet them to @IGN.

Even better? We'll be giving away tickets throughout the live stream for a select lucky few to go see The Wolverine!

So check out IGN's front page this Monday, July 1 at 2pm PST to watch and participate in the live stream.

The Wolverine opens July 26.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/join-igns-live-stream-for-the-wolverine

Last edited:
I just won tickets from this for asking a question through Twitter haha

They kept referring to Old Man Yashida as Shingen Yashida...I thought the younger fellow was Shingen Yashida...and Old Man Yashida was his father?

^ [blackout]Character might have been split into two (old and younger) according to the IGN movie guy.[/blackout]

^ [blackout]Character might have been split into two (old and younger) according to the IGN movie guy.[/blackout]

Hmmm...then I'm going with my feeling that
Old Yashida is the SS

I just won tickets from this for asking a question through Twitter haha

Awesome! Congrats. :up:

It was a good podcast. They seemed genuinely excited for the movie.

Thanks!

Yeah, it was obviously a paid promotional piece, but I thought their enthusiasm and the frequent Twitter questions kept it going well.

I kinda get the feeling that IGN just haven't been following The Wolverine much. There was a previous article put out by them where they just referred to the father (Yashida) as Shingen and made no reference to the son who fights Wolverine in the trailers.

My guess is that the old man is just an added character that serves as a hook for Logan to come to Japan. From what we've heard he's never been there before and hasn't met any of the characters previously (unlike the comic). I don't think he's a splitting of the character of Shingen, but just his father. He's referred to as the 'king of Japan' in interviews and I think that's how they are keeping ties to the original comic with Shingen being a disgraced crime lord with ties to royalty (of a sorts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"