Official Wolverine And The X-men, "Hindsight 1-3" Discussion Thread

so what is up with this show when is the US debut date?

It will air on NickToons but they are waiting until 2009 because that is when the X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE movie will air. They call it "synergy" in Hollywood speak. I call it risking losing thousands of viewers to the Internet via international DL's, which for a cable channel, can be a big loss. But, whatever.

Yeah well i mean its better than putting the show in a doomsday spot like with JL/JLU but i think this reeks of what happend to that show, with having canda getting eps before us.

May i get a link PMed to me for downloading the eps? I have looked and found nothing online.

Last edited:
Love the 3 part premiere. But I think it's too mature for kids. Unlike Avatar that was pretty aimed to both kids and adults alike, this one is more gearing towards mature audiences. It doesn't mean that I don't like it, but just the wrong market.

Anyhoo, some animations are kinda off but the story is solid. The classic discrimination story is awesome and always dramatic. I also love the 4th ep, obviously being a Storm fan and all. Yay, I LOVE IT OMG.

And lemme just say, Forge=Tom Green. 'nuff said. Can we have Forge and Storm pls? Lol.

And I love how the new X-Men and the old X-Force is there! Boom Boom, Pyro (and have the correct accent), Rockslide and Dust! Yay, Dust.

Love the 3 part premiere. But I think it's too mature for kids. Unlike Avatar that was pretty aimed to both kids and adults alike, this one is more gearing towards mature audiences. It doesn't mean that I don't like it, but just the wrong market.

Anyhoo, some animations are kinda off but the story is solid. The classic discrimination story is awesome and always dramatic. I also love the 4th ep, obviously being a Storm fan and all. Yay, I LOVE IT OMG.

And lemme just say, Forge=Tom Green. 'nuff said. Can we have Forge and Storm pls? Lol.

And I love how the new X-Men and the old X-Force is there! Boom Boom, Pyro (and have the correct accent), Rockslide and Dust! Yay, Dust.

I disagree. I believe the premier was misleading. Episodes since then have been geared down to be seemingly more child friendly. It's still alright, but hardly a series geared towards mature audiences.

I don't believe this show's tone is too dark. I think it is mature enough to catch a few audiences.

I mean, ask any former kid of the 90's what shows they liked, and shows like B:TAS and GARGOYLES come up, and they had dark themes. Some of the oldest childhood fairy tales have themes involving murder and whatnot. If anything, a lot of shows coddle/spoonfeed the audience too much.

The show I think has a decent middle ground. It wasn't specifically made or co-produced by any particular network. They knew what they wanted their demographic to be, so I think that helps with some of the content of the show.

It does get annoying when you have a character like Wolverine and it sort of neuters most of his action, but that's something Wolverine in animation has always had to deal with.

this show is alright, lets just hope it gets better as the series progressess.

just got done watching the pilot episodes. i'm pretty impressed by what i've seen. i thought for sure it was going to be some kind of cash-in/tie-in with the Wolverine movie, but it's actually a really good stand alone series.

i actually think this has the best animation and voice cast of any of the previous animated incarnations.

i'm a little confused as to why Domino is in the Brotherhood, but whatever.

overall, i like it. i'll probably record the rest of the series that's online.

I feel Domino expressed her reasons OK in the second episode.

She doesn't seem to feel humanity or people like Senator Kelly are worth protecting.

I feel Domino expressed her reasons OK in the second episode.

She doesn't seem to feel humanity or people like Senator Kelly are worth protecting.

yeah, i got that, but in the comics she had no prior doings (that i remember) with a villain team, so that's what my minor issue was. having said that, i've always thought Domino was a really cool, uniquely designed, and underutilized character. glad to see her become more prominent.

i'm not that crazy about Forge's voice, and i wished they made his skin a little darker. he is a native american after all. but, i'm so stoked that he's one of the main guys now :up:

so far, those are my only "issues" with the show. but i've only seen the first few episodes. Emma v Shadow King psionic fight was totally boss, but that's for a different thread.

I watched the first episode online and I'm currently watching the second. It really is great so far, IMO (I live in America).

Just FYI everyone,

Hindsight Parts 1 and 2 air on Nicktoons 1/23/09 at 8PM ET.

UPDATE:

Hindsight Part 1 is now available on Nick On Demand if your cable provider offers it.

^yeah i saw part one, it was alright imo, but it builds a lot of anticipation (sp) for the coming episodes

Well parts 1-3 were meant to be watched together as that's the essential pilot of the series.

yeah, i just wish they would show all 3 parts in one night instead of the 1st two

yeah, i just wish they would show all 3 parts in one night instead of the 1st two

good point it would've made a great tv movie
btw i think ihe nickname for the mrd agents is supposed to be" mardis",as in mardi gras not "marties"

I do agree that all three parts of Hindsight should have been aired, much like all three parts of the SUPERMAN:TAS pilot or even "Secret Origins" from JUSTICE LEAGUE. That said, at least airing two episodes out of three will work better than watching all three weekly like I did.

this show seems like it could be the sequel to xmen evolution imo, even tho it isn't.

Very good show. Evolution was nice but too much changed on that series.

Nice to see a faithful show more so to the books.

Singer ruined thse movies. Maybe some day MS will make a faithful version for the theatre where they can wear their costumes without dumb jokes about them, they are Superheroes and it's part of the fun, it is what they do, they wear their disguises and uniforms, it is a Comic Book. If you don't like it then you're not into it and you don't have to watch it, go watch CSI or some crap.

This show gets...:wish::wish::wish::wolverine Also, cannot wait to see more :cyclops:!

It was alot better than I thought...I'll definately be watching next week.

I was impressed. It's no Batman: The Animated series, but it's a pretty well written/animated show that should introduce kids to the real X-men. I guess I just wish it took less cues from the movie series. And that Kitty Pryde was less whiney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"