in 2008, Journey to the Center of the Earth

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
"Journey 3-D is a forthcoming 3-D film adaptation of Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, it is scheduled for release on August 8, 2008. The film will star Brendan Fraser, Josh Hutcherson and Anita Briem.

The film will transpose the novel into the present day and will be mostly live action, with only the landscape and creatures supplied by computer-generated graphics.[2] The film will be projected using Real D Cinema technology, a format that made its debut with the release of Chicken Little. As such, it will be the first wide-release film to be released exclusively in the Real D Cinema format, as approximately 1500 theatres will have Digital 3-D compability by the time of its release." - Wikipedia

Could be awesome, could just be a CGI display. But still, atleast it's a story that hasn't been adapted to death already.

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/01/08/exclusive-journey-to-the-center-of-the-earth-3-d-poster-premi/

j3d_1shtdom_web-2.jpg

It might be worth checking out especially being 3d. I also for some reason like Brenden Fraser,think he's a entertaining actor to watch..

It might be worth checking out especially being 3d. I also for some reason like Brenden Fraser,think he's a entertaining actor to watch..

Me too. I love how fanboys have no idea who Fraser really is. They hate on him for the Mummy (in which I thought he was as good as any hero) and have no idea his body of work. The guy has done Academy Award level stuff like 'Gods and Monsters', as well as action, and comedy, both TV and film. The guy is good. I never understood all the hate.

Saw the 3D preview with Beowulf last year.

I may watch it, looks fun.

blah.....3d movies are cool, but only if the movie is good by itself (w/out 3d).

Looks fun, saw the trailer with Nightmare Before Christmas.

The 3D effects will probably be fun, but the movie itself has "dorky family action adventure" written all over it.

saw the trailer with beowulf........ this movie looks like *****

I agree. This is clearly not the movie I had hoped for and a waste of a great novel.

Now let's never speak of this again. Close this thread please.

Doesn't Brenden have 3 adventure movies out this year. Inkheart (which looks bad too)

This could have been cool but im really not interested now that I see that little bastard from Bridge to Tarabithia is in it. For some damn reason that kid bugs the living hell out of me.

Not to mention that movie BtT was total crap as well.

This could have been cool but im really not interested now that I see that little bastard from Bridge to Tarabithia is in it. For some damn reason that kid bugs the living hell out of me.

Not to mention that movie BtT was total crap as well.

I thought I was the only one that didn't like that kid.

Well....this doesn't look like it's a adapation....cause in that pic it shows brenden reading the book, Journey to the center of the Earth

I thought I was the only one that didn't like that kid.

Nope, I can't place my finger on it but there is something about that kid that bugs the **** out of me lol. It could have just been the way he acted in Bridge to Tarabithia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"