In Memoriam: Stan "the Man" Lee

BoredGuy

Never Did a Popular Thing
Reaction score
Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95

The Man, the "one above all" has, sadly, passed away today at 95 years of Age. Please use this page to post thoughts, stories, encounters, or just what Stan meant to you as a fan. There'd be no Marvel as we know it today without him, so let us all share in grieving for such an influential person on all of our lives.

Last edited:
Just heard the sad news. RIP Mr Lee, your creations and co-creations will live on forever. What a legacy.

He's up there now in good company with other greats such as Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Frank Hampson, Carlos Ezquerra, Don Lawrence, et al. - And of course his wife he was totally devoted to.
They'll all look after him now.

I hope this thread generates more than the measly half-dozen posts poor old Steve Ditko received. For a co-creator of one of Marvel's flagship characters, that was shameful to see on here.

Last edited:
Aloha,
I had the good fortune of meeting him in Honolulu Hawaii at a comic book store called Jelly's back in the 1990's. The line to meet him went around the block. I can only say" Mahalo-Thank You" Mr. Lee for your creativity and ability to raise the level of respect of the comic book/graphic novel medium to the point that it is now an integral part of what is referred to as popular culture. I especially thank you for your creation of the characters Spider-Man and Black Panther, among the many that you were involved in creating, these two have had the most impact in a postiive way in my life. May you rest in peace and I pray that your soul is with your loving wife. EXCELSIOR
Spidey rules
Long Live the King of Wakanda

Stan is the one person who was able to get me through my struggles as a child, and i was beyond honored to finally meet the man in november of 2016. His impact on my life is still being felt to this day, and he will NEVER EVER be forgotten. He's a god, a legend, and above all a beautiful human being who has touched billions. RIP Mr. Lee, and thanks for everything

He will always be remembered. Glad I got to see him one time when I went to Comic Con a few years ago.

Stan was more than comics and I think he realized it when he started to receive so many responses from his young readers in the bullpen and soapbox. His very flawed and relatable characters helped many "flawed" children escape to the comfortable confines of the worlds he created and allowed them to find a "voice" for themselves as they matured into adults. You had only to read the bullpen or soapbox to realize how many children Stan touched with his characters and how important the characters were to them.

Condolences to the Lee family...

RIP Stan.

We have lost a great man. Comics true leader and awesome man. RIP Stan.

Stan Lee was the last of the great comics creators. He is now up there with Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, William Moulton Marston, Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, and recently Steve Ditko. They are all together eternally. RIP

Stan Lee was the last of the great comics creators. He is now up there with Jerry Siegel, Joe Shuster, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, William Moulton Marston, Joe Simon, Jack Kirby, and recently Steve Ditko. They are all together eternally. RIP

I would argue that he was the most famous of them all. Do people (other than fans) really know what all of these others look or sound like? He's far more iconic than any of them.

Hopefully we'll get a biopic of Stan Lee in the near future. They could call it "Excelsior", with the tagline "Nuff said."

But I would like Marvel Studios to produce it, and not someone else. It would be the chance for them to produce something other than a typical superhero blockbuster. I don't know who they could get in the iconic role, but I would love to see it. Perhaps they could release it in time for when Stan would've been 100.

Stan is the one person who was able to get me through my struggles as a child, and i was beyond honored to finally meet the man in november of 2016. His impact on my life is still being felt to this day, and he will NEVER EVER be forgotten. He's a god, a legend, and above all a beautiful human being who has touched billions. RIP Mr. Lee, and thanks for everything

I have had a similar exsperice. marvel comic's was of the the first things I gravatated to marvel right from kindergarden of all thing. there was a guy that put me through almost loosing my right due to bullying & racism as black kid and it was his comic's I used as one of the thing's used to get over that and try and be a better person.

And I went through rough stuff .and both the comic's and his animated series when he always did the intro for them did alot for me and get through some dark times.

I always regretted not being able to be at the comic con's in montreal when he actually showed up here . I really would have love to meet the man in person among the other's that wrote my fave comic's.

I've always gravitated to marvel more . I did like dc at times, but it was always marvel for me. I now that I'm planning to be leaveing soon for the games industry he added a lot of his infulence both there and the world of anime too . he was a very prolific talent and a man of inspiration.

I thank him for his creation's and the message he put into his comic's
The Fantastic Four: gives me hope for the future, being a great parent if I ever be come that.
Spider-Man: taught me about my responsibility as a human
X-Men: stand against bigotry and treat everyone with respect
All of marvel : stand for what I believe in and have strong ideals

At Marvel, "the only things we DON'T have room for are hatred, intolerance and bigotry. That man next to you? He's your brother. That woman over there? She's your sister." (via @largottes)

I also have something from the other industries the games in on his 90th birth day

Kelechuckuw K.c.W
@ballistic_z <<< You
Retweeted

GGWOW‏ @GGWOW1 3h3 hours ago
even his rivals mourn the passing of a great man #RIPStan #DCTuesday

Dr3-qI2WwAAYJ87.jpg

Rogue, Raven, Gisy and 6 others

Stan Lee Spectacular - Electric Playground

1.3K views 13 hours ago Published on 11/12/2018
To celebrate the life of the amazing Stan Lee, here's a classic episode of EP Daily that aired in December 2012 to celebrate his 90th birthday.

His anime work in His own created animes called the Reflection. which had some reminders of X-men in it & was very similar and he even did voice work for a character in it ,that played major role in that anime

safe_image.php

Marvel's Stan Lee Passes Away at 95
Nov 12, 14:38 people
Comics pioneer co-created many famous Marvel titles ― American comics pioneer Stan Lee passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Monday. He was 95. During his career, Lee created or co-created some of the most famous Marvel Comics franchises, including X-Men, Spider-Read more

There are his life action work like Lucky man. but I need to really catch up with that series. he was a master at creation. & I will miss him .#RIP #StanLee

Source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & Anime News Network

Last edited:
Hmmm
on the one hand, I get what Hammer was saying, who knows how much "Hey I knew Stan lookit me!" was a part of people's postings, even someone's death can be a good time to gin up publicity for yourself, and that's kind of gross
but at the same time, you can't judge every selfie with Stan as an attempt at cashing in, most people were legitimately grieving over someone who meant a lot in their lives

But I do get that he was probably emotional and upset at what he saw as opportunism at an inappropriate time

Hmmm
on the one hand, I get what Hammer was saying, who knows how much "Hey I knew Stan lookit me!" was a part of people's postings, even someone's death can be a good time to gin up publicity for yourself, and that's kind of gross
but at the same time, you can't judge every selfie with Stan as an attempt at cashing in, most people were legitimately grieving over someone who meant a lot in their lives

But I do get that he was probably emotional and upset at what he saw as opportunism at an inappropriate time

I think people were posting selfies with Stan because they were showing how he touched their lives and how much he meant to them. It's like posting a pic of you and a relative or friend and showing that you shared a moment together. Otherwise people could just grab a random pic of Stan Lee off the internet and post that, but it wouldn't be as personal.

As you might except, this was difficult to write. After all, what can you say about a comic book legend that would do them justice? But with the passing of Stan "The Man" Lee, rather than look at how the man died, we should look at what he did in life, what he left behind, and what he'll continue to do many years from now.

Stan Lee: Forever immortalized in superhero media

Last edited:
As you might except, this was difficult to write. After all, what can you say about a comic book legend that would do them justice? But with the passing of Stan "The Man" Lee, rather than look at how the man died, we should look at what he did in life, what he left behind, and what he'll continue to do many years from now.

Stan Lee: Forever immortalized in superhero media

That article says that phrases like "it's clobbin (sic) time" became part of our lexicon.

Well, not part of my lexicon. :o

From clobberin' time to clobbin time. What a revolting development.

An icon! I'm grateful for what he left behind, he will forever be remembered... May he rest in peace!

Even at rest he's probably got a few more cameo's in him. He's almost a character on his own. Also I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want it any other way.

That article says that phrases like "it's clobbin (sic) time" became part of our lexicon.

Well, not part of my lexicon. :o

From clobberin' time to clobbin time. What a revolting development.

Oh no! Well, what can I say, my emotions got the best of my proofreading skills. Thanks for spotting that, cause I definitely would want to get Stan Lee's immortal words right

EDIT: And corrected!

Last edited:
....and so the most legendary if living legends departed to the great beyond.

R.I.P

I've had the honor of meeting Stan Lee twice. The first time was at E3 2004, when he was at the Activision booth helping to promote the Spider-Man 2 movie tie-in game. The second time was ten years later at Frank and Son Collectible Show. Stan Lee was nothing but kind during our encounters. He autographed my copy of Marvel Tales Featuring Spider-Man #68. I now cherish that story, and that comic more than ever. May Mr. Lieber rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"