In Memoriam: Stan "the Man" Lee

I've had the honor of meeting Stan Lee twice. The first time was at E3 2004, when he was at the Activision booth helping to promote the Spider-Man 2 movie tie-in game. The second time was ten years later at Frank and Son Collectible Show. Stan Lee was nothing but kind during our encounters. He autographed my copy of Marvel Tales Featuring Spider-Man #68. I now cherish that story, and that comic more than ever. May Mr. Lieber rest in peace.
Glad for you that you got to see him twice. :up: I would have loved to have met the guy. Best possible ambassador for all this stuff that I love.

Glad for you that you got to see him twice. :up: I would have loved to have met the guy. Best possible ambassador for all this stuff that I love.

I am sorry that you did not get the pleasure to meet him, but at least we may all share in his wonderful legacy that is the Marvel Universe.

Who do you think could play Stan in a biopic of his life? Which actor could look enough like him and do a good vocal imitation while having the charisma and charm? At the moment I can't think of anyone.

They might even need two actors. One to play the younger Lee, and one to play the older version in his 80s and 90s.

I am sorry that you did not get the pleasure to meet him, but at least we may all share in his wonderful legacy that is the Marvel Universe.
Yes, thanks. It has had a huge impact on my life and that of many fans around the world, and the future seems to get more and more exciting thanks to the universe he helped create. It's only with the films in the 2000s that much of the rest of the non comic-reading population has also come on board to see what is so great about these characters.

Who do you think could play Stan in a biopic of his life? Which actor could look enough like him and do a good vocal imitation while having the charisma and charm? At the moment I can't think of anyone.

They might even need two actors. One to play the younger Lee, and one to play the older version in his 80s and 90s.

Bryan Cranston is the only actor I want to see playing Stan Lee in a biopic

iu.jpeg

Stan Lee is the only comics creator I can think of whose fame extends so far into the non-comic book reading public. As fans we know the giants of 'our' industry, names like Kane & Finger, Siegel & Shuster, Kirby, Ditko, Infantino, and then later Moore, Waid, Morrison, etc. But many, many people who've never read a comic book or seen a CBM in their lives know who Stan Lee was. His was the single greatest contribution to comic books/comic book characters achieving the enormous popularity they have today.

RIP (and thanks) to a true legend.

Last edited:
Stan Lee is the only comics creator I can think of whose fame extends so far into the non-comic book reading public. As fans we know the giants of 'our' industry, names like Kane & Finger, Siegel & Shuster, Kirby, Ditko, Infantino, and then later Moore, Waid, Morrison, etc. But many, many people who've never read a comic book or seen a CBM in their lives know who Stan Lee was. His was the single greatest contribution to comic books/comic book characters achieving the enormous popularity they have today.

I doubt most people could name any of these creators you've named, let alone even identify what they look like. I don't even know what some of them look like.

I know what John Bryne looks like though. He looks exactly like his drawings, because that's the only face he knows. :o

Im gutted! This man was essentially a God to me! I worshipped Stan Lee since I was 9 years old. Now more that 34 years later I just can't believe he's gone!

more from the people stan lee has worked with & influenced over seas's

safe_image.php

INTEREST
12 comments
Japanese Anime Creators, Voice Actors React to Stan Lee's Passing
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...oice-actors-react-to-stan-lee-passing/.139415
Nov 13, 17:45 people
The world mourned the loss of one of comic book's revolutionaries on Monday. American comics pioneer Stan Lee passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Monday. He was 95. Lee was opened a whole new world of Read more

source: Anime News Network

Happy 57th Anniversary Spider-Man! Thanks to Stan Lee and artist Steve Ditko, the Web-slinger has endured this long in comics since his debut in Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962). I had the privilege of meeting Stan Lee years ago at my first Comic-Con such an amazing experience and he was incredibly nice and he signed one of my comics that I will forever cherish.

IMG_20181115_103425.jpg

Last edited:
Been away from this forum for AWHILE so I am catching up. When Stan passed I a then 45 year old man cried simply because besides my Parents, and my Religion Stan had the MOST profound impact on my life. I still mourn him! RIP Stan Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"