Guardians of the Galaxy INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Nebula in Volume 3

DalekbusterFitz

Dalekbuster523
Reaction score
With Gamora dead, could Nebula take her role in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Karen Gillan has more than proved herself capable of being in a lead role in Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle, and from a character perspective it would make sense. Nebula could be trying to fight in her sister's memory. From the first film to now she has gone from villain to sympathetic anti-hero.

What do you think? Could Nebula become a Guardian of the Galaxy?

I like this idea. I love Nebula and think her and Gamora's development has been great across the three movies and if Gamora has to stay dead, I'd be more than happy with this. Though, who knows if Nebula will survive the next Avengers movie

And yeah, I popped into see what people might be saying and it is really quiet.

I think Nebula could become a Guardian of the Galaxy. I honestly thought she already basically was. I think we'll have to wait and see the next movie before we figure out whether Gamora will return.

I like this idea. I love Nebula and think her and Gamora's development has been great across the three movies and if Gamora has to stay dead, I'd be more than happy with this. Though, who knows if Nebula will survive the next Avengers movie

And yeah, I popped into see what people might be saying and it is really quiet.

I'm surprised given Gamora's death. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 prospects seem like an interesting thing to discuss right now.

I really hope Nebula doesn't die in Avengers 4. It would be a shame for the MCU to lose such a fantastic actor in Karen Gillan. Amazing as Amy Pond, amazing as Martha/Ruby Roundhouse and in the MCU amazing as Nebula.

I think Nebula could become a Guardian of the Galaxy. I honestly thought she already basically was. I think we'll have to wait and see the next movie before we figure out whether Gamora will return.

She was asked in Volume 2 but turned it down to lead her own path, but circumstances regarding Gamora's death for the Soul Stone may have changed Nebula's mind.

I'm surprised given Gamora's death. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 prospects seem like an interesting thing to discuss right now.

I really hope Nebula doesn't die in Avengers 4. It would be a shame for the MCU to lose such a fantastic actor in Karen Gillan. Amazing as Amy Pond, amazing as Martha/Ruby Roundhouse and in the MCU amazing as Nebula.

Marvel lost Natalie Portman

Rachel McAdams still up in the air for a Doctor Strange sequel.

They would be wasting three great actresses if they don't keep Karen Gillan.

We don't know if Nebula will even survive A4.

They kept her around for a reason and she can go the route of the comic. She will want to take Thanos on and try to get that gauntlet.

Marvel lost Natalie Portman

Rachel McAdams still up in the air for a Doctor Strange sequel.

They would be wasting three great actresses if they don't keep Karen Gillan.

But Karen Gillian is the best female actor of the lot IMO.

We don't know if Nebula will even survive A4.

They kept her around for a reason and she can go the route of the comic. She will want to take Thanos on and try to get that gauntlet.

If they kill Nebula off and Gamora stays dead, who would take Gamora's role on the team?

You need the strong fearless woman to keep the same dynamic between the Guardians. It would be a mistake to not have at least one of either Gamora or Nebula in Volume 3.

If they kill Nebula off and Gamora stays dead, who would take Gamora's role on the team?

You need the strong fearless woman to keep the same dynamic between the Guardians. It would be a mistake to not have at least one of either Gamora or Nebula in Volume 3.
No one currently in the GOTG movies can take on Gamora's role. Mantis is too awkward and has no authority about her. Nebula has no people skills whatsoever and zero patience.

Either way I don't think it matters, it was already spilled that Zoe is in Guardians 3 (at the moment anyway). And it's the last movie with the current team. So I don't think it really matters as the end of Vol3 will see a brand new team anyway.

what if it would be Nebulas body but with Gamoras mind?
imagine if she could get those swords and make them flying like that arrow of Yondu.

only if she is somehow reborn with Gammora as Quasar and gets flying swords and blades in Yondu style.

(Quasar appeared on Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes in Season 2 Episode 6 as a member of Guardians of the Galaxy voiced by Moira Quirk.)

With Gamora dead, could Nebula take her role in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Karen Gillan has more than proved herself capable of being in a lead role in Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle, and from a character perspective it would make sense. Nebula could be trying to fight in her sister's memory. From the first film to now she has gone from villain to sympathetic anti-hero.

What do you think? Could Nebula become a Guardian of the Galaxy?

Maybe. They could do with a female member who gets irritated by the other’s stupidity lol. Star-Lord, Drax, Rocket, Groot and Mantis could drive anyone up the wall with their antics lol and we need one straight member of the team.

No one currently in the GOTG movies can take on Gamora's role. Mantis is too awkward and has no authority about her. Nebula has no people skills whatsoever and zero patience.

Either way I don't think it matters, it was already spilled that Zoe is in Guardians 3 (at the moment anyway). And it's the last movie with the current team. So I don't think it really matters as the end of Vol3 will see a brand new team anyway.

You don't need a direct like-for-like replacement though, you just need the same archetypal strong fearless warrior woman. Nebula is that.

James Gunn is hardly going to say otherwise, because it would spoil the shock of Gamora's death for anyone who still hasn't seen Infinity War. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 is more likely to be Gamora-less than Gamora-y; if Gamora features it'll most likely be as flashbacks.

You don't need a direct like-for-like replacement though, you just need the same archetypal strong fearless warrior woman. Nebula is that.

James Gunn is hardly going to say otherwise, because it would spoil the shock of Gamora's death for anyone who still hasn't seen Infinity War. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 is more likely to be Gamora-less than Gamora-y; if Gamora features it'll most likely be as flashbacks.

Makes sense :up:

Last edited:
At this point, I think we'll get either Gamora or Nebula but not both.

That's not Gamora's role inside of the Guardians. I've wanted to see warrior Gamora cut lose since the first movie, it never happened and it's never going to. Gamora is the adult in the group that keeps them together and keeps them functioning because she is basically the mother of the bunch. Just look at GOTG2, these idiotic guys would either kill each other or get each other killed in a week because they are so damn stupidly juvenile. That's why a Gamora-less GOTG3 in the current team line-up would never work for me. Unless they retcon the characters or write them OOC to fit this changed line-up. And God knows when looking at IW, they have no problems with that.

Hence my points about Mantis and Nebula. Can either become the female lead? Yes, absolutely. Can either of them replace Gamora? Hell no.

Phyla-Vell would strike me as the natural replacement for a female lead. I don't think Nebula will survive A4. And I do think Gamora will be back in some capacity.

Seriously? Did you miss the other two movies? That's totally her role.
Yeah, I did watch those movies. And I can have a different opinion than you (shocker) because I believe a person can have more than one role in a movie/group.

'Archetype: strong warrior woman' is not a character, it's exactly what it is, an archetype. If that's a character then all the women are interchangeable in the MCU. Black Widow, Gamora, Nebula, the women of Black Panther. etc. ..all of them are this archetype. That's not what most of them are defined by. They are defined by their character and the roles they play in their teams. And there is no one who can take Gamora's place in the Guardian's because there is no female in sight with her characteristics. Nebula doesn't have the patience or people skills, she would kill these fools in less than 3 days. Mantis is too awkward and lacks authority to get through to them. And this group needs a Gamora character otherwise chaos will ensue and they all get killed, kill each other or get each other killed. These are adults who clearly need the firm hand of a mother still. That's a sad statement in and of itself but unfortunately it is what it is.

Last edited:
But Karen Gillian is the best female actor of the lot IMO.

Natalie has on separate occasions been nominated 13 times for academy awards and won 5 of them. Most notable for her Oscar for Best Actress in the film, Black Swan.
It sounds as though you haven't watched Black Swan? If you haven't then I thoroughly recommend it, a fantastic psychological horror worthy of Hitchcock.
As good as Karen is, she is still on the popcorn-munching level and still has a way to climb before she reaches the heights of Portman and company.

Natalie has on separate occasions been nominated 13 times for academy awards and won 5 of them. Most notable for her Oscar for Best Actress in the film, Black Swan.
It sounds as though you haven't watched Black Swan? If you haven't then I thoroughly recommend it, a fantastic psychological horror worthy of Hitchcock.
As good as Karen is, she is still on the popcorn-munching level and still has a way to climb before she reaches the heights of Portman and company.

I disagree, but then I have a crush on Karen Gillan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"