• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playstation Insomniac's Spider-Man 2

Am I the only one that pre ordered the physical edition of the game from Amazon? I was tempted to go digital, but since I owned the PS4 game on disc, makes sense that i do it here too.
Nope I did the same the moment pre-orders were available. Now a days I mostly buy digital but every once in awhile I buy physical for games I'm really excited for like this.

Nope I did the same the moment pre-orders were available. Now a days I mostly buy digital but every once in awhile I buy physical for games I'm really excited for like this.
Nice! Yeah, it's still nice to be able to hold a new game in your hand tbh.

I'm sure the game will be fun but god damn Insomniac, what is the deal with your characters' faces? MJ looks almost as different as the recast Peter did; it's like an entirely new cast, it's off-putting and I don't get it.

I game on PC primarily now, so I cant have physical copies anymore unless i play on PS5, so when I do, I make sure to get it. I don't know, I I feel like with console a disc just feels right to me, but I can understand why others don't see the point.

Quick little side track but this is how I go about things personally.

Movies - has to be physical without question. I always go 4K but still collect VHS, DVD and Blu if a film isn’t available in 4K or otherwise.

Music - mostly streaming on my Apple Music. Unless it is one of my all time favorite bands or albums, then I go vinyl.

Books/Comics - always physical.

Games - always digital.

Last edited:
I'm sure the game will be fun but god damn Insomniac, what is the deal with your characters' faces? MJ looks almost as different as the recast Peter did; it's like an entirely new cast, it's off-putting and I don't get it.
It’s the same face model.

Yeah, the new hair style just throws people off. It is throwing me off, a bit. I prefer the first game's hair style.

You can see the more sophisticated lighting engine that can cast shadows on MJ’s laugh lines vs the cartoony ones in SM18.

I'll be picking up a physical copy for this. I still stick to physical for most games unless there's a sale or if it's only available digitally. I got the PS5 with a disc drive for a reason.
I already pre-ordered it a month or so ago. It's one of a handful of games I feel confident in pre-ordering.

The Peter recast still bugs me.

vlnhnsez6eq51.png

The original actor looked perfect. The new one just looks like low rent Holland. :funny:

The Peter recast still bugs me. The original actor looked perfect. The new one just looks like low rent Holland. :funny:

Nu-Pete looks more natural in the sequel at least. Pasting him over old work was the worst introduction to the new face. I have many layers of dislike for this whole situation, including a petty grudge against his face by itself which I am not proud of ha. Guy has a smirk, slightly sinister; like he's just spat on your back or something. :funny: And he clearly never skips neck day at the gym.

The Peter recast still bugs me.

vlnhnsez6eq51.png

The original actor looked perfect. The new one just looks like low rent Holland. :funny:
Both Spider-Man actors looked great.

Maybe they could invite the original back if they dwelve into the Madness of the Spider-Verse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"