Internet 'kill switch' proposed for US

*John Hammond from Jurassic Park*

*sigh* "I really hate that man"

Where the hell does this guy get off thinking he can control everything, first with his wanting to ban video games and now with this garbage!

Last edited:
This would be the one thing to get the country to revolt if one ever killed the net

Depends on the reason to flip the switch. If it is to pull a China or Iran, then yeah.....the people would revolt. But, to keep a major nationwide hack of some sort....they may be thanked in the end. I'm not sure that it is needed at this moment, unless they have some intelligence that we don't know about. Of course if it is Intelligence triangulated between Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Great Britain, I say run from that intelligence it got us into the War in Iraq....

This would be the one thing to get the country to revolt if one ever killed the net

Obama would not do that. The plan is basically to prevent terrorists from attacking the United States via the internet, which can cause great damage if spread nationwide, causing mass casualties. It would greatly affect air traffic, which would lead to plane crashes and mass casualties. It would also probably greatly affect street traffic.

This bill does not exist. It is merely a conspiracy theory...much like the crazed conspiracy theory that there is a bill in Congress that will allow the government to arrest citizens for any reason they deem necessary, never inform anyone of what has happened to you, lock you away with no rights or charges filed in a secret prison and used "enhanced interrogation" techniques on you...and you will never receive a trial and no one will ever know what happened to you unless an act of Congress specifically grants that right. I mean...sure...these bills are being debated in Congress...but they dont exist. Conspiracy theorists have been warning of these bills for years, and conspiracy theorists are crazy, and therefore there is nothing to see here and we can all keep blindly accepting whatever the government wants to do to us.

This bill does not exist. It is merely a conspiracy theory...much like the crazed conspiracy theory that there is a bill in Congress that will allow the government to arrest citizens for any reason they deem necessary, never inform anyone of what has happened to you, lock you away with no rights or charges filed in a secret prison and used "enhanced interrogation" techniques on you...and you will never receive a trial and no one will ever know what happened to you unless an act of Congress specifically grants that right. I mean...sure...these bills are being debated in Congress...but they dont exist. Conspiracy theorists have been warning of these bills for years, and conspiracy theorists are crazy, and therefore there is nothing to see here and we can all keep blindly accepting whatever the government wants to do to us.

The bill does exist but is in committee (look up S.3480). Let's not try to confuse things by saying that they are being debated but it doesn't exist. Either it does or it doesn't. Now as far as being a law, that is a different story. It is not yet law. If anyone cares to read the bill it says that the Federal Government will set up an emergency response team to help protect "Federal" and "national" cyberspace assets, as well as develop a national strategy for increasing the resiliency of cyberspace. I didn't read anything about shuting down or killing the Internet. Like I said before, the Internet can not be killed. It was designed to withstand a nuclear war.

Last edited:
It absolutely naive to think this didn't exist before this "news story" broke. Same with Warrant-less wiretapping, Torture, detaining people without Miranda and trial, etc.

No guys...it doesnt exist...lalalalalalalala...you see...if we deny it, and laugh at conspiracy theorists...it makes reality go away.

So yeah...conspiracy theorists are nutcases and this bill doesnt exist.

The point is...now that the conspiracy nuts are right...people who say they arent right will simply say "oh, the bill wont pass"...and if it does pass "oh, they'll never actually use this new law"...so to some people, the conspiracy will never, ever be anything but a crazy thought...until it is acted upon and it's too late.

I'm feeling poetic justice here....

Why is that Kel? You like the idea of the government censoring the internet??

My point, that seems to have been missed...is that for years I've been saying this was coming...and for years I've been "the conspiracy nut" and been mocked. Now, it is obvious that they ARE pushing for this...and it looks likely to pass...and all of the people who laughed and joked about my crazy idea of internet kill switches are quiet...why?? Is it that hard to admit to being wrong??

No...instead, it all gets swept under the rug...funny how that works. Conspiracy theories are crazy and mocked relentlessly until proven right, and then all the people who made jokes just disappear (and continue to mock on other subjects)

So, lets just keep it up. I mean...if it was a crazy conspiracy theory a few months ago, then surely it must be a crazy conspiracy theory now. Otherwise, I'd have been right all along...and I KNOW many of you won't admit that.

Although I am well aware that the bill hasn't passed...hopefully it won't. Not everyone in government is in on the scam.

Obama would not do that. The plan is basically to prevent terrorists from attacking the United States via the internet, which can cause great damage if spread nationwide, causing mass casualties. It would greatly affect air traffic, which would lead to plane crashes and mass casualties. It would also probably greatly affect street traffic.
Yes because shutting it down won't cause the same god damn thing. Nevermind the bill goes beyond a simple kill switch.

If nothing else, terrorists would want to create a fake scare to get the president to do precisely this to his own country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"