Invincible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the first Invincible graphic novel, Family Matters, a while back, and I liked it, but not enough to get into the series as a whole, with all the other stuff I'm buying. But at Comic-Con, I picked up volumes 2, 3 and 4 at the Image booth in a "buy 2, get 1 free" offer, and I blasted through volumes 2 and 3. The series really picks up from volume 2, doesn't it?

Now I've got a lot of catching up to do!

You certainly do! And welcome aboard it! :up:

Thanks Dread. Everything I've found online states it was supposed to be out the end of June.

INVINCIBLE has been running about a month or so late for a while now. The INVINCIBLE RETURNS one shot may have been a cause, since it had 10 pages by Cory Walker and he's not the speediest artist (which is why he left regular art for the title after issue #7 and has only drawn 3 issues since). Or it could be because Kirkman himself has been busy writing for "THE WALKING DEAD" TV show on AMC. To be fair, Kirkman is one of few writers who doesn't throw his artists under a bus for issue lateness and will concede if it's him.

Guarding the Globe #1 Preview

2qtl94o.jpg

Awww. So, does that mean Robert Kirkman doesn't hate families as much as Marvel does?

Ten bucks says before issue 81 the babies are dead and Kate and Immortal are back in the superhero game. :(

I have a crazy theory........that Invincible actually is the Immortal.....like when he's 200o years old he goes back in time to like 1000 bc......and he gets weaker cause he's old.......

Invincible reminds me, somehow, of Venture Brothers. The story keeps moving along as the whole world turns upside down seemingly never to change back to normal.
I think it would totally work as an Adult Swim cartoon show.
Also, they are both tributes, sort of, of other comic stories like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and so on.

This arc w/ the Viltrimites is really epic. I'm not sure how this series will be able to top it once it's over.

I love the idea of the [BLACKOUT]Viltrumites left, like 23 or them, living on Earth in secret. Supposedly not helping or hurting anyone, so they could replenish their species. And then, in like 100 years, they plan to start the war again, but my first thought was they plan to live on Earth like Nolan did. [/BLACKOUT]This leaves the story open for so many different possibilities. Maybe [BLACKOUT]some of the bad Viltrumites turn good like Nolan sort of did. Maybe some become reluctant heroes, and still maybe some turn into super villains or stay bad and hidden. [/BLACKOUT] Its a fun idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"