Who needs a Secret Identity Most?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
Most superheroes have secret identities. Spider-Man is Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne is Batman, Superman is Clark Kent, Mark Grayson is Invincible, Wonder Woman is Diana Prince.
And they all have their reasons for keeping their real identity secret, Peter has his family to protect. We saw what happened when he revealed it.
Tony Stark and Steve Rogers revealed their secret identities to the world and life hasn't changed much for them. Superman has his reasons, Lois, Martha, his co-workers, and his life among the people.
Everyone knows the Fantastic Four's real identities, and where they live. They have no secrets at all.
Thor has gone back and forth from having a secret human identity, to not, and then back. Some characters like the Tick don't even have one. Madman doesn't really have one either.

But out of every costumed character, who do you think needs a secret identity the most?

Without actually having read any Batman comcis in a long time, I would guess his is the most important to keep secret. The reason? Him being a symbol and all that, if people knew he was Bruce Wayne that would be lost.

But as I said, been a long time since I read a Batman comic so I don't know how his symbol-status is at the moment.

Tony Stark revealed his identity, and so did Steve Rogers, and they didn't really loose anything. Rogers sort of is Captain America at all times anyway, and hangs out with superheroes most of the time anyway and doesn't have a life outside of Cap. So it didn't hurt him to reveal it.
Stark revealed it and hasn't hurt him much either.
Wonder Woman is secretly Diana Prince, but that secret is more of a mask than Wonder Woman. I am not sure because I don't read her much, but it seems like a lot of people know who she is and like Thor it seems like she is Wonder Woman most of the time and could easily reveal her identity to the world without having a problem.
Thor seems to keep his human identity more to help him keep in touch with the mortals he protects rather than anything else. He has lost that human form time to time.
Well, Batman is one, but all his friends and partners know how to take care of themselves. Alfred was agent fro the Queen. Grayson is Nightwing, Jason Todd is Red Mask, Tim Drake was a Robin and is now Red Robin. Batgirl, Oracle, Spoiler, Huntress, Gordon is a police commissioner.
Theoretically he could reveal his identity like Stark and go underground or something.
Spider-Man's story was retold during Brand New Day, eliminating most everyone who knew he was Peter Parker, even before he revealed it. Sure Bruce and Peter have a lot to loose, but is there anyone who would have more?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"