Iron Man World Iron man anime?

ray243

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...l-comic-heroes

Quote:
The New York Times newspaper reports that the American comic book publisher Marvel Entertainment is working with the Japanese animation company Madhouse (Death Note, Paprika, Vampire Hunter D) to create four anime series with Marvel's superheroes that will premiere in Spring of 2010 in Japan. Marvel International President Simon Philips said that the characters will be re-imagined for Japan to create “something that is part of the fabric of society" and "an entire parallel universe for Marvel.”

Madhouse President and CEO Jungo Maruta said that the modern-day Marvel team is "so open minded" and added, "Although they say, 'I want Japanese anime,' it's not what they actually want. They want a hybrid between Japanese and Western animation." The only superhero specified by name in the actual production effort was Iron Man, a character that appears in drawings that have already been created. Philips told the newspaper that there will also be comics, as well as downloadable versions of the anime titles for mobile phones.

Manga versions of Spider-Man (pictured above) and X-Men have already been created by Ryoichi Ikegami (Crying Freeman, Mai the Psychic Girl, Sanctuary) and several Shogakukan artists in Japan. In fact, there was a live-action Spider-Man television series that had a parallel-world Japanese Spider-Man piloting a giant robot. C.B. Cebulski brought Kia Asamiya (Silent Möbius, Dark Angel), Takehiko Ito (Outlaw Star), Katsuya Terada (Zenbu, Blood: The Last Vampire), and others to various Marvel Comics titles after he became an editor there. Del Rey is collaborating with Marvel to create an X-Men shōjo title with writers Raina Telgemeier and Dave Roman and Indonesia-based artist Anzu, as well as a Wolverine title with writer Anthony Johnston and an unnamed artist. (Marvel created a Mangaverse line of comics with mostly American and Canadian creators in 2001.)

Pow! Entertainment, the production company of former Marvel Comics president and comic creator Stan Lee, revealed that it is working with Shueisha, BONES, and GDH (Gonzo's parent company) on three separate projects: Ultimo, Heroman, and Quartz, respectively.

Update: Marvel's press release states that the first of the four series will launch on Japan's Animax premium anime channel in Spring 2010, but does not list the dates for the other three. Each series will have 12 30-minute episodes. The first series will include the characters Iron Man and Wolverine.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainm...0826003_p.html

that's unfortunate. it's bad enough that anime crap has taken over most of the graphic novel aisle at Barnes & Noble. We really don't need any more of it.

that's unfortunate. it's bad enough that anime crap has taken over most of the graphic novel aisle at Barnes & Noble. We really don't need any more of it.

AHEM...you do realise that anime can be dark and interesting?

Go and see some clips of batman gotham knight...one video is done by the same anime studio as well.

i watched Gotham Knight...and overall i wasn't impressed.

And what does being dark have to do with anime being remotely good?

I'm sorry, but it's my opinion that anime is no good.

i watched Gotham Knight...and overall i wasn't impressed.

And what does being dark have to do with anime being remotely good?

I'm sorry, but it's my opinion that anime is no good.

Are you disliking the anime gotham knight because of the art style or the story?

If it is the story, bear in mind that it was written by americans...

What the need is simply someone who can tell a decent story.

both.

i find the anime art style to all look the same and be completely boring. you can argue that one as much as you want...but never have i seen anime that catches my eyes and makes me say "wow...that really stands out from all the other anime i've seen." i can walk through a book store and pick up ten different anime books and see the same art in each book.

the only art i liked in gotham knight was the one in the story with scarecrow and killer croc because it had a mignola-eqsue feel to it.

now, you'll probably say that i just have never read "good" anime. and if truly "good" anime is so hard to come by, then that really doesn't speak volumes for it's genre. akira, ghost in the shell, naruto...as much as you try to seperate it, it's all the same...and to me it's all crap.

now put down the black and white "comic book" where people speak with either emoticons, or where they're always yelling...and step a few shelves down and pick up a real comic book.

i find the anime art style to all look the same and be completely boring. you can argue that one as much as you want...but never have i seen anime that catches my eyes and makes me say "wow...that really stands out from all the other anime i've seen." i can walk through a book store and pick up ten different anime books and see the same art in each book.

And you can say that about an American cartoon? (speaking of art style, not animation)
Anime is an art for itself. It has shots and feel for photography and aesthetics that American cartoons never have.
Gotham Knight's problem was that it was split in six parts, but imagine one feature length film in that style or better, a show of 26 episodes, or even 51.
And speaking of Gotham Knight, the fifth episode, when Batman is wounded is the best drawn and animated thing I have ever seen on television.
I know that many don't appreciate anime, but there is a lot more to it that it seems. They are really making art, and not commercial production made only to make more money, and when it feels that it's not popular anymore and not make money they shut it down. That's the destiny of almost all American cartoons. Not one had seen it's final episode. Only Justice League maybe and Superman TAS. But what about X-Men, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men Evolution... now even Spectacular Spider-Man??
I respect in anime that the team makes something out of love and passion and that they know when is the end of it, they know when to make that end, while Americans don't.

The teaser trailer is here [YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLQDkeIBiwM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLQDkeIBiwM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

Looks 100000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than armored adventures

^I saw that last night. Really awesome I must say.

That does look very good, I've always felt that of all the Marvel hero's Iron Man lent himself best to Japanese anime.
I read on marvelousnews.com , that the footage shown was test footage and will not be part of the actual story, link http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=284&itemid=12350 .
Still, very cool animation and the best I've seen for Iron Man in a very long time.

Yes. The style and look of the animation will be similar though I imagine. Warren Ellis is writing it and talked about it being a clash of Japanese and US business culture as well as Japanese development of weapons.

The Iron Man teaser looked good, the wolverine one....not so much

I find the animation in the Wolverine one to be better, but... as we've all said, the Wolverine one is an abomination.

Sadly, I still think Iron Man will be terrible, much like Gotham Knight was. I am not a big fan of modern anime, as some of the best series have died out and made way for crappy stereotypical anime stock characters/scenarios.

Maybe I'd find Iron Man interesting if there wasn't a white haired teenage pirate overlord.

And you can say that about an American cartoon? (speaking of art style, not animation)
Anime is an art for itself. It has shots and feel for photography and aesthetics that American cartoons never have.
Gotham Knight's problem was that it was split in six parts, but imagine one feature length film in that style or better, a show of 26 episodes, or even 51.
And speaking of Gotham Knight, the fifth episode, when Batman is wounded is the best drawn and animated thing I have ever seen on television.
I know that many don't appreciate anime, but there is a lot more to it that it seems. They are really making art, and not commercial production made only to make more money, and when it feels that it's not popular anymore and not make money they shut it down. That's the destiny of almost all American cartoons. Not one had seen it's final episode. Only Justice League maybe and Superman TAS. But what about X-Men, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, X-Men Evolution... now even Spectacular Spider-Man??
I respect in anime that the team makes something out of love and passion and that they know when is the end of it, they know when to make that end, while Americans don't.

A) Tell that to the Lion King.

B) No, Gotham Knights problem wasn't it's inconsistency of being split up over 6 episodes created by different teams, it's problem was none of the art was very good (there I said it) and the story was about as well written as a dark-themed Spongebob episode.

C) Oh, I respect anime, truly I do. But I am not going to sit here and say that it's art and not a commercial product. I'd be lying to myself and everyone here if I did. Anime, like our own animation, is more about entertainment, and there may have been a brief period of time in which Anime studios wanted to produce something other than recycled garbage to cash in on the craze, but sadly, the Japanese, much like Americans, enjoy money far too much to let artistic vision get in the way of the mighty dollar. Anime has sucked going on a good decade now.

D) If an anime isn't doing well, they'll shut it down there too. On the other hand if it does well, just like American cartoons, they'll string it out for all they can. Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT. Christ, Toriyama even felt they were beating it too death. Naruto--string out the series, adding filler episodes to keep in line with the comics. I'm not going to say none of it is art (as you will do with American animation) but I also won't say they actually have the integrity to not milk a series for all it's worth and cancel it if it doesn't do well (which they have before thank you.)

E) Don't even tell me the people working on our cartoons don't have passion. Anyone pouring their heart and souls into writing something and spending endless nights to animate it, has probably put their blood and sweat into their creation--whether you deem it worthy or not.

Anime is not some higher form of art, and it's not any better than ours--it's just different. That's not a bad thing, and it's not a good thing, it's just what it is.

This looks awesome :wow: .

Can't wait.

Last edited:
I'm glad, that the teaser was only the test animation stuff, not the real one. Because I'd cry, if I've been forced to see, how Iron Man is fighting Gay Pirate))

But for real, Warren Ellis have said, that there is going to be 12 episodes, and NO GAY PIRATES. Not sure 'bout the Gay Pirate stuff, but sure 'bout the episodes one. Better check his website and twitter right now!

Well the teaser trailer for Iron Man has definitely whetted my appetite. Although I am not in the least bit keen on the Wolverine one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"