Iron Man 2 Iron Man armor - Official Discussion Thread

i wonder if he could do some sort of magnetic force field thing like bruce had in the "field test" Gotham Knight cartoon

i wonder if he could do some sort of magnetic force field thing like bruce had in the "field test" Gotham Knight cartoon
Didn't you watch the episode? It wasn't such a good idea coz it repelled bullets into civilians.

That's Batman's problem. Iron Man has no such worries. His armor already does that. And it wasn't civilians in that episode, it was the crooks who were getting hit with their own ricochets. For some silly reason, Batman had a problem with that. I guarantee Iron Man wouldn't.

Iron Mans might not care about the thugs getting ricochets but if there were civilians/hostages they'd be in trouble.

Well I wasn't worried about small arms but I was thinking that he could use it to keep those 50. Cal bullets from hitting him to hard

.50 cal bullets gave the Mark 1 a hard time(what the terrorist up on the ridge was firing at him with) but would hardly be noticed by the later armors. The Mark 3 got a direct hit with a tank shell and survived. But the energy shield could be useful for other threats(directed energy weapons, people with directed energy powers, more extremely harsh conditions like inside a volcano for instance, etc.).

I get that he was shooting a laser into the reactor to power it up, but what is the following explosion, overcharge maybe

Yeah overloading the particle accelerator he built

2yns4fr.jpg

i'm betting the explosion will create the reactor and no one will be able to recreate the same conditions so they won't be able to steal the tri reactor.

The new reactor could be like flubber :)

Exactly plus i think it will be near indestructable and no longer be Tonys weak spot cause in the trailer to me it looks like him and war machine are focusing on the arc reactors

I don't think the explosion with the glass room is from the same scene. Just a guess though. And it looked like he was using that laser to cut a triangle out of that material to me.

maybe, that sounds reasonable i could see that the new arc shield is so strong that only a concentrated laser beam can cut it maybe its a weird type of diamond

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"