Iron Man World Iron-Man: Rise of Technovore Reviews are rolling

strugler

Hadoken
Reaction score
Early review for Iron-Man: Rise of Technovore are rolling in. We have 3 reviews so far (one is mine) and unfortunately they are all negative. Check them out:

DailyMarvelite score: 4/10

read full review here

Highdefdigest score: 2/5

read full review here

DVDTalk review score: 1.5/5

read full review here

After watching the movie today i am SO pissed at Marvel for ruining such a great opportunity. Marvel animation studios future is really scaring me. Hopefully they will step up their game.

Ok, just saw it. Boy did I hate this. It's like it was too much to ask for it all to begin to make sense. C'mon Marvel, you're not making a crappy Terrence Malick movie here. I'll give it one point for decent animation and one for decent voice work. But this movie just doesn't make any goddamn sense.

2/10

I saw it.

How much you like this will depend on how much you like anime.

There is alot of mumbo jumbo pseudo philosophical nonsense that you find in alot of anime and parts of the movie feel like a knock off version of Akira.

The reception saddens me, I thought the technovore looked like a really cool villain and wanted to see him in a future iron man movie.

Ok, just saw it. Boy did I hate this. It's like it was too much to ask for it all to begin to make sense. C'mon Marvel, you're not making a crappy Terrence Malick movie here. I'll give it one point for decent animation and one for decent voice work. But this movie just doesn't make any goddamn sense.

2/10

That's exactly how I feel. I'm stunned at how bad it turned out.

Did the animators even read there own synopsis? "Iron Man is framed by a technological terrorist, and breaks out to stop him and clear his name." What frame job??? This thing could be the dumbest animated thing I've ever watched and I watched She-Ra Princess of Power when I was a child.

So, an unknown agent attacks a space launch on American soil and the first thing SHIELD does is commit a billion dollars in technology and ordinance to kill Tony Stark??? WHAT? It was a Stark launch that killed or wounded 300 of his own people. SHIELD knows it was a foreign agent yet they throw everything they have with "deadly force" at Stark because he didn't stick around to give them more information???

That could be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

The animation looked good at times but the action was all just a jarring mess. You couldn't even tell what was going on. This had all the flavor and common sense of The Simpsons "Mr. Sparkle" commercial.

Marvel needs to abandon anime and find someone that can deliver an animated feature that doesn't suck.

2/10 INDEED

2/10

hahahaha I was coming here to complain about this and GLAD i am not the only one.

This is JUST as bad at that XMen and Wolverine anime series.

also we need new voices for black males in the animated universe.

I am SICK of hearing the same two deep voices for EVERY BLACK CHARACTER

It's rubbish. Total rubbish. Two animated Iron Man movies and both are as poor as each other. 2/10

Mad House, the best animation studio in Japan and Marvel couldn't match their talent with a decent script.

Bruce Timm is out of a job. Marvel, pay him what he wants and get him over at Marvel animation because the current guys at Marvel animation haven't got the first clue.

I've enjoyed one Marvel animated movie (ONE!!) Hulk vs, the rest of animated movies have ranged from 'okay' to outright RUBBISH compared with DC animation where there have been only a couple I haven't enjoyed and their animated movies range from 'good' to MIND BLOWING.

Sort it our Marvel, you may be dominating the live action but you're clueless at feature animation.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a success. They don't need to listen to whiny fans who have never run an animation studio in their lives. Also a site like Daily Marvelite that reports fake news stories.

Bruce Timm is still with WB Animation. He's simply taken a leave from DC Animation and is working on another project right now. Just shows how little people know and how ignorant they can be.

Ultimate Spider-Man is a success. They don't need to listen to whiny fans who have never run an animation studio in their lives. Also a site like Daily Marvelite that reports fake news stories.

Bruce Timm is still with WB Animation. He's simply taken a leave from DC Animation and is working on another project right now. Just shows how little people know and how ignorant they can be.

If you must defend Marvel Animation, I don't think you are best served using Ultimate Spider-Man to do it.

Bruce Timm steped out of DC animation because he wanted to pursue other projects, he wouldn't go and babysit another comic based universe. By the way was this film supposed to be set in the MCU?

Awful, just utterly awful.

The write up on the box sounds like an interesting movie. Stark is framed, has to clear his name. Ok, it's a smiple plot we've seen in many films, but hey, it's Iron Man doing it. But that is not the film that's contained on this disc. The film on this disc is some hacked together nonsense about some living robot boy whose a bit sad about something so humantiy must die, maybe...

I have no idea what happened. There was a cool opening with an IM/War Machine race, then an explosion, then Black Widow's boobs, then Nick Fury, then a thing happened where a house blew up, then The Punisher for some reason I'm not sure about, then Hawkeye turned up, then Stark talked to a kid, then back at SHEILD, then the kid explodes into evil, then Stark explodes, then everything is ok.

The animation ranged from wonderful to awful. The awful being those terrible CGI backgrounds they used at the start for the race. The wonderful being, well, the Punisher/Hawkeye fight was nice looking...

Yeh, this was £7 wasted on my part.

Bruce Timm is out of a job. Marvel, pay him what he wants and get him over at Marvel animation because the current guys at Marvel animation haven't got the first clue.

I've enjoyed one Marvel animated movie (ONE!!) Hulk vs, the rest of animated movies have ranged from 'okay' to outright RUBBISH compared with DC animation where there have been only a couple I haven't enjoyed and their animated movies range from 'good' to MIND BLOWING.

Sort it our Marvel, you may be dominating the live action but you're clueless at feature animation.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104897

It was ok, not great, animation was really good, story was not, seems to be no good direction in Marvel animation, plus they never seem to get an Iron Man animated movie done right, they always mess with his history and villians to tell some story that makes no sense, it was given to me for my birthday, I doubt I would have bought it myself, least not at full retail, I give it a 3 out of 10, only because the animation was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"