Iron Man: Rise of Technovore (Anime Film)

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by M-2, Oct 16, 2012.

1. M-2 Ultimate BAMF

Now this might be going straight to DVD but unlike, that Iron Man and Hulk animated film, this kinda looks good!

Im surprised that no thread has been created for this, but i do think its worth chatting about...

Heres the synopsis:
    And Heres the Trailer
    [YT]http://youtu.be/CUgzL3rlzLg[/YT]

http://youtu.be/CUgzL3rlzLg

The thing that really got me excited for this was the Punisher's appearance in this film... It's such a random addition but at the same time it makes sense and its so AWESOME!

As the MCU moves forward I hope we get such awesome random cool additions to the Solo heroes movies, but have it make sense, so it doesn't end up like Iron Man 2.

What do you think about this Anime? Would you like to see a Punisher and Iron Man team up? I Know i would!

#1 M-2, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. TheVileOne Registered

Animation looks considerably better than the anime series. I'm glad they went with cel animation for the armor this time instead of CG.

Since it's a movie they will probably have a bigger budget this time so it should be fun. I'll definitely give it a look.

3. MarvelKnight Registered

I'll take the Anime film over that IM/Hulk team up. Based off the trailer the IM/TIH team up animation looks absolutely atrocious and I don't think I could sit through it. Yuck.

4. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

Didn't care for the first anime series, but I might still give this a shot

5. MarvelKnight Registered

IM anime series wasn't that good. I"m hoping the movie will be better. The only anime I liked was X-men.

6. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

X-Men anime is the reason I care less for those Marvel anime shows

7. Arach Knight Abstraction of Logic

The plot is a bit dated in terms of style. How many times has Tony battled someone that had some kind of weapons tech that rivals or supposedly outclasses his armor? Wasn't that the plot behind Iron Man 2 and all of those automated battle suits that he and Rhodey fought? Also, Tony having a stand off with S.H.I.E.L.D. is also dated. Who writes these plots? I would love it if Marvel followed DC's footsteps. Batman Gotham Knight turned out so well because actual DC authors wrote the plots and scripts for that feature.

I will admit that Gotham Knight was actually meant for a Western audience, where as the Marvel anime are meant for a Japanese audience, but perhaps that is where the disconnect is. I feel like the Japanese have little grasp on our characters and their lore. Sure Warren Ellis helped guide much of the project and even wrote much of the story for the Iron Man anime, but in the end...I found the project to be a disappointment. Rise of the Technovore seems to be treading the same path as the previous enteries from this foreign exchange projecct.

8. MarvelKnight Registered

Compared to the other 2 x-men was gold imo. I'll still take 90s x-men tas 24/7/365

9. Hypestyle Registered

I'll check this out eventually. I especially want a Punisher spinoff into his own anime' feature. I'm not sure why this wasn't pursued originally. Perhaps it had something to do with the previous rights being controlled by LionsGate. But now I'd like to see an ongoing series of Punisher vs. the Mob, Yakuza, etc.

10. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I will let the cat out of the bag
    Rise of the Technodrome

[​IMG]

11. rogue trooper Registered

This!:up:

12. The Infernal Mky Mk

This looks interesting. On the face of it the plot sort of sounds like a typical Iron Man story where he faces a threat to his armour/tech. Though Punisher seems like an odd choice to throw in the mix so I'm interested to see how that one works out.

Speaking of Punisher I think he looks odd and doesn't really look like the Punisher should, but then I guess it being an anime it would look different. Personally I think they missed a good opportunity to make him look like Big Boss/Snake from Metal Gear Solid like they were doing in the comics, but then again I expect the anime would have been in production long before that look came about in the comics.

13. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Looks kinda interesting, but Black Widow's chest looks ridiculous :o

14. Raiden Wakanda Forever

You mean her chest looks awesome. :woot::up:

15. Nathan Registered

I hope the Punisher in this will be voiced by Thomas Jane.

16. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

While I hate anime'(and I mean I really, really hate it:cmad:) I'll probably check this out eventually.

17. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

I actually kind of want to see this...

18. Nathan Registered

I actually like Anime, but I don't think it's really the right fit for Marvel. But let's see how this actually turns out.

19. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

I like some anime, mostly miyazaki movies, the film Paprika, and I loved me some digimon, dragonball z and yuyu hakusho growing up. not so much recently (though I still think season 3 of digimon kicked ass).

20. YoungPrime Registered

Revert the Direct to Video Marvel Animation rights back to Lion's Gate!

......Yeah I said it, these upcomming animated films look horrible and DC/WB hasn't missed a beat.

21. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

The marvel lions gate dtv films sucked though, at least the ones I saw.

22. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Is this directed and written by Americans for an American audience? If that's the case then this is exactly what Marvel needs. But if this is made for a Japanese audience, then yeah..it's going to be deferred to my Netflix streaming list.

23. gkokujin Registered

Marvel hasn't put out a good DTV movie since Hulk Vs. Now that everything is "AVENGERS MOVIE-IZED" and shoe-horned to fit that universe, i don't expect them to get any better.

*sigh* Marvel, WTF are you doing?

24. gkokujin Registered

Agreed! The XMen anime was so awful with its "kid saves the universe" formula...which was just ONE of the problems with it.

25. YoungPrime Registered

Planet Hulk and Tales of Asgard where both good films, so I don't know what you or that other poster were watching.

Marvel's new team could take some pointers from Lion's Gate, the only weak films where Invicible Ironman and Next Avengers. And those were still watchable.

#25 YoungPrime, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013