The Comics Is Iron Man a cyborg now?

not_a_victim

Sidekick
Reaction score
On the movie thread page, there is a "bio" of TS, and it states that Stark had to inject himself with some sort of thing that allowed him to store parts of the armor in the hollows of his bones.
Here's my question:
In current continuity, does Stark still have to wear the plate that keeps him alive, and if so; that plate coupled with the armor in his bones makes him a cyborg now, does it not?

Edit:
In hindsight, this should have been titled "Is Tony Stark a cyborg now?" Sorry.

First off, I believe he was able to get the shrapnel out of his body at one point, so no, he hasn't needed the plate for a while.

Second off, yeah, that would be a way of putting it. He's basically a living computer/super-soldier now. He has the under armor in his bones that come up at his command, has a healing factor, and he's able to acess all technology with his mind.

Cool, thanks.
I have always liked the look of Iron Man, though I have never been a real fan of the comic. It always seemed cool enough, There's more that one website that shows the evolution/variations of his armor, and I like that kind of stuff.

My definition of a cyborg is a person that rely on machinery to survive.
Since Tony needed the chest plate to live, therefore he had always been a cyborg since he got wounded by that sharpnel in Vietnam.

Note: Yes, I call people with Pacemakers cyborgs if they are cool about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"