"is it halloween?" scene Batman 89 SE DVD

GPbatfan

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was reading about this scene that supposedly was shown when they premiered the movie theaters or something like that. It has this little girl asking Batman if it was halloween. I read that it was on the Batman SE DVD, but i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks.

It was thrown into one of the sections in the 3 part making of documentary.

Cool. THanks I'll check it out later today. I wonder why that got cut out after. I guess I'll see when i see it.

Cool. THanks I'll check it out later today. I wonder why that got cut out after. I guess I'll see when i see it.

Maybe cause it makes Batman look more like a "masked vigilante" than a "the [k]night."

i guess i'm gonna have to sit down and watch the whole thing cuz it must be like 3 seconds and when i scan through it it must skip it. :s

In begins they had a scene similar with a little kid seeing batman. He was afraid i think. So the feel of the scene might have been different. Ths girl see's a man in mask and ask's sif it's halloween and this kid see's an unknown figure and for a moment is scared......i hope i rememebred that scene correct.

The scene in question is one of afew that were shot but never included in the final cut of the movie. This scene with the little girl happens in the alley ways when Jokers goons are chasing Batman and Vicki. Batman grabs the little girl who was in the way and almost hit by gunfire. He sits her in a safe place and asks while staring at Batman, "Is it Halloween?" and Batman just smiles and takes off. We see the following scene where he turns the corner to the alley where Vicki is already standing there waiting.

i guess i'm gonna have to sit down and watch the whole thing cuz it must be like 3 seconds and when i scan through it it must skip it. :s

In begins they had a scene similar with a little kid seeing batman. He was afraid i think. So the feel of the scene might have been different. Ths girl see's a man in mask and ask's sif it's halloween and this kid see's an unknown figure and for a moment is scared......i hope i rememebred that scene correct.
Yeah, I want to say it's in the third section (which details the filming and impact of the movie) of the 3-part documentary that goes over the evolution of Batman being brought to the silver screen in 1989, but I cant say for sure that it is. And yes, you do have to watch for it cause it actually does go by pretty fast.

I hear it was in the final cut of the movie in some theaters...I'd heard reports of some people seeing it when they saw the movie in 89, but then it not being on the VHS version...but who knows.

the scene is played six minutes into part 3 of the DVD documentary. According to the novelization, Batman sees this homeless girl, who is too busy playing with her doll to notice one of the Jokermobiles speeding towards her. Batman saves her.

Another scene cut was Knox the reporter being mistaken for Batman when the discarded cape and cowl falls on top of him (this happens after Batman and Vicki drop down from the cathedral tower).

It's a nice scene that shows his humanity and connection/identification with lost children, but it was probably cut due to pacing issues. I mean, letting Vicki Vale into the batcave they kept...:whatever:

I'm not sure why they didn't showcase these deleted scenes properly, since they went above and beyond the call to reenact that hodgepodge Robin scene that had been storyboarded. Maybe a criterion edition or something for later...:BA

There are also two pictures of Batman with the girl in the Topps trading card set that came out in 1989.

Also of interest it seems that Bob the goon actually faces off with Batman in the alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"