Sequels Is It Too Early For Them To Talk About Sequels?

• Thread starter cheney4prez2008
  • Start date
C

cheney4prez2008

The box office performance has been poor. X3 did better even with a half-ass script and they were without Singer. Heck! even Scooby-Doo did better in 2002. I guess moviegoers are just not interested in an alien in blue thights with a red cape. I guess the trolls got to them with all the gay bashing of Singer and Routh. With POTCII just around the corner, Supes may not recover at the B.O., studio execs may be having doubts about sequels with all that money wasted.

Well I think Superman's time with the general public has passed. Something of a different superhero like spiderman and x-men or even the incredibles.

Im not sure what to make of this. I do know the folks on this here forum are going nutts! Wensday the feeling around here was that it was an epic movie! then the movie numbers come out and now this board did a 360!

PoSeiDon said:
Well I think Superman's time with the general public has passed. Something of a different superhero like spiderman and x-men or even the incredibles.
I'd urge against assuming that apathy for Singer's film translates to a general apathy for the character. Just look at the continued popularity of Superman in cartoons and on TV with Smallville.

If done correctly there's no reason why a Superman film couldn't be a great success.

Poor? Maybe you should take a better look at what poor BO means:o

Desk said:
I'd urge against assuming that apathy for Singer's film translates to a general apathy for the character. Just look at the continued popularity of Superman in cartoons and on TV with Smallville.

If done correctly there's no reason why a Superman film couldn't be a great success.

Thats a wierd thing to me! Superman is still there with people who love smallville, the justice league, comis and the cartoon! Personally I thought Sups would have a block buster first day. But the general public of movie goers are speaking in another language right now. Maybe Saturdays #s are better!! Some over 20 Mil!

zer00 said:
Poor? Maybe you should take a better look at what poor BO means:o

Agreed, some people are condemning the movie after it's only been out 5 days... :down

I have a feeling SR has staying power, it might not have broken many records yet, but I never expected it to do Spiderman numbers.

SR will do fine in the BO, and the sequel will hopefully be huge like Spiderman 2.

I think SR will get a sequel, and I think it will make decent money. I don't agree with the whole toss out the plot and start fresh. Singer has a good story, but perhaps...idk...SR2 will be like X2. However, I think he is finally going to have to own up some of the SII plot line if he does. He seemed really unwilling to do that in this film. I think it hurt the story, so I wouldn't want to see that happen again.

Superman didn't do 500 squillion on the first day so it's a bomb.

I hate the 'logic' of dumb fanboys.

Gosh...no one is saying they wanted it to do a trillion dollars, but the hype and the fact that superhero movies are hot should have at least bumped it 30 mill opening day. idk...maybe that's overblown and maybe the market is depressed, but the numbers are just going down and down. Maybe people are thinking there are crowds and there aren't, or maybe they want to see SR and POTC2 in the same weekend.

However, no one was expecting this movie to make a bazillion dollars, but....it's hurting.

I still think it will get a sequel though...I don't think WB is willing to throw it away. It's still viable in my opinion.

From what I understand the boys at WB are happy with how things are going right now.

That's just word of mouth tho.....

jstsuperman said:
From what I understand the boys at WB are happy with how things are going right now.

That's just word of mouth tho.....

I'm glad they are...lol...I'm not, but hey that's just me. I don't want to wait an excessive amount of years for a reboot. I just hope Singer, or perhaps another director, deliver something on par with BB or X2..that would be great:)

It was said by someone on the Entertainment channel on Sirus radio yesterday.:supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"