Is Nickelodeon in the Same Predicament as the Disney Channel

Let me first say, iCarly is f***ing brilliant. And sadly (depending on how you look at it) it's actually one of the better sitcoms on television right now.

This is true. And even though it's named after a girl, it's the best one of these shows for boys. My nephew watches it and loves Spencer and Freddie. It's not a perfect show, but I find a lot of the acting on it to be pretty decent and sincere. The kid who plays Freddie is especially good. His relationship with Spencer is good for boys to see, because he looks up to Spencer and a huge part of being a boy is figuring out how and what it takes to be a man. We watch a lot of kids shows-my wife works with children-and iCarly is the best of the bunch IMO.

The lack of cartoons on Nick and Disney is a shame, but my main concern is that CN doesn't follow suit as they've hinted towards. But that is an entirely different issue.

So yeah, if you want a kids show for boys, iCarly is the best one. It has 2 male leads including the main adult and Gibby is the 5th most featured character on the show, and he's funny too.

Miranda Cosgrove is this generation's Melissa Joan Hart.

If they weren't a "boy band" i think BTR show is okay, since for the most part, the show doesn't focus too heavily on the music (IMO) and more on the guys goofy goings-ons...............musics terrible and nothing we haven't heard a million time before, leave that to Disney and the JoBros............Victorious again is dreadful...how is that showing doing ratings wise?

XD's comedy shows are terrible...I can't stand Zeke & Luther (are boys supposed to like this because of the light potty humor and the fact they skateboard), and that I'm In The Band show............I guess the same could go for Aaron Stone, which I did like (except for the boys are gamers, comic readers, girl chasers, which isn't entirely false...lol, but I digress...)........

.........I like Wizards and Good Luck Charlie............

Just bumping this thread...

Seems like live-action superhero-ey sitcoms are where both channels are turning to...Disney XD has Lab Rats (which I enjoy, it's in it's third season and about "Bionic" teenagers) and Mighty Med (two teens work in a superhero hospital, like the concept not the execution, Season Two starting soon I believe), with Nick also having some hero related properties (The Thunderman's?, which I've seen bits and pieces, it's okay and one other newer show I don't remember)...at least they struck while the iron was somewhat hot...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"