Is Smallville Worth Getting Into Now That It's Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I'll always believe Smallville did much more good than bad during its run. I seriously doubt that years from now people would look at Smallville and think its the worst thing that happen to Superman. Except for the most hardcore Superman fans who can't take their heads out of their asses anyway. The DC relaunch proved that yet again.

Oh I feel the same. Sure there had there share of screw ups. But they did do alot of good, solid actors/guests in the show. Some amazing episodes. And we got to see a full on expanded dcu in live action. Its probably going to be a long time to we see that again.

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get into the show.

Like people say, it's had it's ups and downs. But personally, it had more ups. It has a magical charm that will suck you in, that first season really grabs you!

Don't worry dude, I'm already after diving in head first! Lol, you're right, there's just something about season 1 that just draws you in. I'll have to wait to see the flaws of course, and see how much things bother me. What show doesn't have flaws though, right?

Skip season 10 and the end of season 8, and I say yeah go for it and get into it.

ya i said that all the time cas, no show is ever 100% perfect. there is always some flaw/problem/issue. Its just do those flaws totally kill the show, or not. SEason ten i thought was pretty fine i didnt have much issues with it at all.

You came to the wrong forum to be asking this question lol. I wish I had never seen it and could go through all of the drama myself again. It's like when you watch a really good movie and wish you hadn't seen it yet so you could watch it again. There will be reruns on dish tv this coming October 3rd on TNT. YES IT'S WORTH IT

Last edited:
Taste and POV vary, but I would say that, yes, Smallville is definitely worth watching, especially if you have a sense of humor. Start with Season 1 Episode 1, the Pilot. Season 1 and 2 have a strong X-Files influence, with episodes alternating between kryptonite-altered "freaks-o-the-week" and the teenage Clark Kent dealing with his emerging super powers and glimpses of his ultimate destiny.

Some of the special effects on the show have yet to be surpassed, such as the one where we follow Clark super-speeding through a rainstorm and the rain drops appear to be hovering in mid-air. Please ignore the annoying little toddler in this episode.

In Season 4 Lois Lane looking for her cousin Chloe only to discover a naked amnesiac Clark Kent lying in a field. Clark later reboots in full Kal-El mode and takes off into the sky for a full flying sequence. Season 4 involves Clark's need to collect 4 "stones" (Kryptonian technology) that he must later assemble to build his icy Fortress of Solitude at the beginning of Season 5, an episode that should not be missed.

Season 6 introduces the Green Arrow, a Robin Hood type of hero with Batman-level gadgetry. Naturally, he and Clark hit it off right away.

Season 7 also had its charms. It introduced Lark's Kryptonian cousin Kara (Supergirl). She had her charms although her story was less than remarkable. What made season 7 for me was the Traveler/Veritas arc toward the end: a Da Vinci Code-like story about a secret society of billionaires who are making the world ready for an alien they refer to as The Traveler (Clark), who they believe will be the world's next savior. Fans of Dan Brown novels would appreciate this one.

My feeling early on was that if Smallville could survive beyond its early teen-angst phase, it had the chance to evolve into something really remarkable if it could tell the whole story. And it did, eventually. In Seasons 8 through 10, Clark joins Lois Lane at the Daily Planet, where he learns the dual professions of reporter and public superhero.

Another thing that makes Smallville special is the way the Clark-Lois relationship evolves, starting with a sort of snarky sibling rivalry in the early days, moving towards a professonal friendship and eventually a romance that was lots of fun because it had none of the twisted angst that defined the Clark-Lana romance. Another unique idea was having Lois Lane be personally involved in engineering and protecting Clark's future public superhero identity. It was much deeper than simply naming him "Superman" which she doesn't actually do in this series.

So, yeah, Smallville is worth watching all the way through.

I used to watch a few episodes here and there in the really early days, but kinda got bored of it and just stopped. I also had this little phase where I just hated Superman (still not a big fan honestly). Lol, When the series finale came up though I felt like I should've kept watching it, and I even resisted watching the series finale just in case I wanted to watch the build up first at some point.

All of you know the show is done with, so is it worth watching it now? I mean what if I like it, then I'll just cause myself to want more and know that I can't have it! Lol

Also, if I should start watching it, where should I start? I've seen most of the first few seasons, and I don't think I really want to start off at the beginning, but would that be the best move?

Last edited:
Seasons 2 thru 4 are worth checking out. But everything else you can skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"