Is the PS3 'too 'spensive' - LIST OF CANCELLED GAMES.

Manny Calavera said:
Developers need more than one development kit, the only team members who WOULDN'T need one would be the artists and I guess the higher up designers who just roam around and tell everyone else what to do.

I KNOW THAT........BUT 100? UNLESS YOU'RE 'EA' OR 'UBI', MOST DEVELOPERS DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT MANY EMPLOYEES. :confused:

Ubi, EA, Sega, and maybe a few others would probably need 200 or more kits, while most other studio's would be looking at 10-15 kits. Their numbers are probably right, even if those dev kits will probably be used to make bad, inferior versions of better 360 games. :o

Manny Calavera said:
Ubi, EA, Sega, and maybe a few others would probably need 200 or more kits, while most other studio's would be looking at 10-15 kits. Their numbers are probably right, even if those dev kits will probably be used to make bad, inferior versions of better 360 games. :o

O.K........SO FOR EVERY DEVELOPER THAT ONLY NEEDS 10-15 (WHICH WOULD BE MOST OF THEM, ACCORDING TO YOU), THAT'S LEAVES 85-90 EXTRA TO GO ELSEWHERE........THE MATH JUST DOESN'T WORK. :confused:

The APPLE PIPPIN Costing US$599 on launch, and touted as a cheap computer, the system, in reality, was commonly identified as a video-game console. As such, its price was considered too expensive in comparison to its contemporaries.

pippinfront.jpg

LOL @ History

Those 85-90 would be going towards larger developers. EA for instance, according to wiki, has 7,200 employees, which, pulling a number out of my ass, I would guess at least 4000 would need dev kits to do their jobs and make ps3 games before porting them on anything that can run them because hey, it's EA, and we can assume Sega and Ubi have smaller but similiar numbers, so I mean, it's not really that big a stretch. All of Sony's internal studios and 2nd party partners, Rockstar has them, the big three, 10,000 kits really isn't that much, Microsoft has likely shipped even more than that by this point.

Manny Calavera said:
Those 85-90 would be going towards larger developers. EA for instance, according to wiki, has 7,200 employees, which, pulling a number out of my ass, I would guess at least 4000 would need dev kits to do their jobs and make ps3 games before porting them on anything that can run them because hey, it's EA, and we can assume Sega and Ubi have smaller but similiar numbers, so I mean, it's not really that big a stretch. All of Sony's internal studios and 2nd party partners, Rockstar has them, the big three, 10,000 kits really isn't that much, Microsoft has likely shipped even more than that by this point.

I THOUGHT 'EA' HAD DOWNSIZED CONSIDERABLY........I FIGURED THEY ONLY HAD ABOUT 4-5K EMPLOYEES NOW. :o

B1g Jerm said:
I hope that Hideo Kojima will save the system with MGS4.

THE "SYSTEM" DOESN'T NEED SAVING........'SONY' JUST NEEDS TO FIRE EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS FOR THEIR GAMING CONSOLE DIVISION, AND START FROM SCRATCH.

THWIP* said:
THE "SYSTEM" DOESN'T NEED SAVING........'SONY' JUST NEEDS TO FIRE EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS FOR THEIR GAMING CONSOLE DIVISION, AND START FROM SCRATCH.

Yeah you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"