Wii/PS3 launch line-ups revealed?

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Tuesday 10-Oct-2006 10:15 AM 24 games predicted for PS3 launch, 30 for Wii in new document detailing the two consoles' plans

Sony could launch with as many as 24 titles and Wii with 30, according to a new document detailing the two consoles' launch plans.

In a report on new hardware launches, Wedbush Morgan Securities released its "anticipated" launch line-up for the two consoles with the aid of the companies mentioned below, although both SCEA and Nintendo are yet to confirm their full launch rosters.

The list reads as follows, with WMS's own estimated sell-in numbers included:

PlayStation 3
Resistance: Fall of Man - Sony
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Sony
Genji: Days of the Blade - Sony
Gran Turismo HD - Sony
NBA 07 - Sony
Call of Duty 3 - Activision (600,000)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Activision (310,000)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision (300,000)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Bethesda Softworks
Fight Night 3 - Electronic Arts (400,000)
Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts (700,000)
NBA Live 07 - Electronic Arts (500,000)
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts (800,000)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - Electronic Arts (400,000)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight - Namco Bandai
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Namco Bandai
Ridge Racer 7 - Namco Bandai
Full Auto 2: Battlelines - Sega
Sonic the Hedgehog - Sega
NBA 2K7 - Take-Two Interactive (400,000)
NHL 2K7 - Take-Two Interactive (200,000)
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII - Ubisoft
Rainbow Six: Vegas - Ubisoft
F.E.A.R. - Vivendi

NINTENDO Wii
Wii Sports (bundled with hardware) - Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Nintendo
Excite Truck - Nintendo
Call of Duty 3 - Activision (200,000)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision (200,000)
Rapala Tournament Fishing - Activision (50,000)
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam - Activision (300,000)
World Series of Poker - Activision (50,000)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - Atari (200,000)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Atlus
Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts (500,000)
Need for Speed: Carbon - Electronic Arts (500,000)
Elebits - Konami
The Ant Bully - Midway m (100,000)
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy- Midway (50,000)
Happy Feet- Midway (100,000)
Rampage: Total Destruction - Midway (50,000)
Avatar: The Last Airbender - THQ (200,000)
The Barnyard - THQ (200,000)
Disney's/Pixar's Cars - THQ (300,000)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab - THQ (300,000)
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII - Ubisoft
Far Cry: Vengeance - Ubisoft
GT Pro Series - Ubisoft
Monster 4x4: World Circuit - Ubisoft
Open Season - Ubisoft
Prince of Persia - Ubisoft
Rayman Raving Rabbids - Ubisoft
Red Steel - Ubisoft
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent Ubisoft

It could be a very expensive Christmas then, if these predictions turn out to be correct. And with the exception Prince of Persia Wii - which Ubisoft previously announced for release next year - we'd say the report is a pretty fair stab as well.

It's also important to note that we're expecting even more titles for the European PS3 release list, considering its debut this side of the pond has now been pushed back to next year.

But we are of course taking the analysts' word with a very large pinch of salt, and we'll let you know when either company give official word

I thought Mario galaxies was a definate launch title aswell.:huh:

Wow the Wii's launch line up sucks then.

Yeah....while I want a wii, the only good game looks like trauma center, so Im probably gonna wait a few months for better games before I even think about buying one.

Horrorfan said:
Yeah....while I want a wii, the only good game looks like trauma center, so Im probably gonna wait a few months for better games before I even think about buying one.

Like I've said before, whats great about Wii isn't its launch, but its first year.

360 launches, with a couple good games...and over the next year 2 games worth buying come out (Dead Rising and Oblivion)...2 games.

PS3 will be the same way. What will really be worth buying that you can't get on a current gen console prior to MGS4? Nada.

Over the first year of Wii, we will start out with Zelda, Nintendo Sports, and Red Steel and as the year progresses we will see Mario Galaxies, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, a new EXCLUSIVE Sonic game, a new EXCLUSIVE Resident Evil game, a new Donkey Kong game, a new Mario Party and Kart (to be frank, I can't wait to see what they do with the Wiimote for those games), and a new Fire Emblem. Plus they will get all the third parties other systems are getting. For Wii it is not really launch that stands out for me. It is the first year.

Matt said:
Like I've said before, whats great about Wii isn't its launch, but its first year.

360 launches, with a couple good games...and over the next year 2 games worth buying come out (Dead Rising and Oblivion)...2 games.

PS3 will be the same way. What will really be worth buying that you can't get on a current gen console prior to MGS4? Nada.

Over the first year of Wii, we will start out with Zelda, Nintendo Sports, and Red Steel and as the year progresses we will see Mario Galaxies, Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, a new EXCLUSIVE Sonic game, a new EXCLUSIVE Resident Evil game, a new Donkey Kong game, a new Mario Party and Kart (to be frank, I can't wait to see what they do with the Wiimote for those games), and a new Fire Emblem. Plus they will get all the third parties other systems are getting. For Wii it is not really launch that stands out for me. It is the first year.

Actually, games worth buing for 360 includes...

Dead Rising
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Quake 4
Call of Duty
Fight Night round 3

And by the time it's first year is done, add these to that list:

Gears of War
Viva Pineta
FEAR
Call of Duty 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

But I digress.

I probably wont pick one up till more good titles hit.

I want:

Resident Evil
Trauma Center
Sadness

So far. I don't care about your marios, zeldas or most of the other titles you mentioned, and the ports for the 360 and ps3 games not only wont look as good on wii, but the whole wii-mote thing will probably be shoe horned in as an afterthought seeing as doing new versions for the wii would be essentially too expensive as it would mean developing a new version of the same game.

And the difference between buying FEAR for 360 and FEAR (or any multi console ports) for PS3 is this: You would have to pay an extra 200 bucks to play the same game on ps3.

i want dead rising, nba 2k7, virtua tennis, rainbow six: vegas for xbox 360 so far.

i'm still looking through the games.

i might actually get a 360...

i'll get a wii when smash bros. comes out.

Dead Rising looks like another State of Emergency. I'll have to rent that first.

Dead Rising isn't anything like State of Emergency, haha.

But it looks that way from the the commercials. I have to play it one day.

No, I mean it's a helluva lot better. But the idea is sorta similar.

Yeah, I can see how zombie outbreak is similar to ******ed NPCs running around in panic. lol. That was f**king sarcasm f**knuts, crazy betch, never compare Dead Rising to SoE ever. :cmad:

Master Chief said:
Yeah, I can see how zombie outbreak is similar to ******ed NPCs running around in panic. lol. That was f**king sarcasm f**knuts, crazy betch, never compare Dead Rising to SoE ever. :cmad:

You're hacking threw waves and waves of enemies in both.... Similar!

Have you even played State of Emergency? I rented it once. It sucked. You aren't hacking through waves of enemies, you're just amongst a crowd of people running around in panic. Who you could kill if you wanted to, it wasn't necesarry to survival. That's all I remember doing. Slicing through s**t without caring. And sometimes there'd be a (bunch of) swat looking guy(s) who you'd get to kill 'cause they'd be shooting or beating you or something but other than that, whatever. It's nothing compared to Dead Rising. lol. In Dead Rising the fight is constant. Everywhere you go outside of the safe zone is packed with zombies. They might be similar in the sense that there's a lot of s**t on screen but comparing them to each other is goddamn disrespectful nikkah. :cmad:

Your post is very long to read, but yes, I played SoE. First level you're in.. A ****ING MALL. Yeah, exactly. Similarites, hell yes. :cmad:

Half-Life 2 and Splinter Cell are both similar because, omg, both the protagonists use pistols. lol. Die muddaokcfuoka. :cmad:

But the actualt gameplay is similar in DR and SoE. They're similar like Coded Arms for PSP and HL2 are similar. One sucks and one's good, but similar they are!

So they're similar, but Dead Rising will be better.
Okay, gotcha. I'm still gonna rent it first though.

You guys make me vomit. Comparing Dead Rising to State of Emergency. BLAH! The only similarity between the two would be the NPCs on screen, and even then not really. Dead Rising does the massive groups of enemies thing like, a bamillion times better since 99% of the s**t moving around is going to try and attack you, while State of Emergency was a bunch of dipf**ks running around like dumbasses. F**k technological advances/advantages betch, don't bring those up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"