Is there a SHAZAM! Animated movie or series in the works?

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
So apparently Aquaman got bumped from JL: War because he's got his own movie in the works. (or at least that's the excuse they gave.)
Great for Aquaman! And although I love Shazam, I'd actually rather have seen Aquaman included and recognized as a JL founder, not sure why they couldn't do both.
Have Aquaman in WAR (a JL origin of sorts) and then his own film.

Anyway this is about Shazam, obviously they are trying to promote the new Johns interpretation of the character in animation...
His insertion into JL: War is just the latest. (Although honestly I think the best way to promote him is keep him away from Superman/Batman and showcase him with his own supporting characters.
Not as a perpetual afterthought in what is essentially the Superma/Batmanverse.
Where to distinguish him in the presence of the big two, he's often dumbed down or made over innocent and naive.
If they actually write him as somehow challenging the supremacy of Batman Superman, many cry fowl.

But that seems to be how they want to use him.

jl-war-dvdback-725x1024.jpg

He had his own DTV film short, in Superman/Shazam!
Again, even though it was a vehicle for him and his main villain, he's still second to Superman.
supermanshazam-the-return-of-black-adam.jpg

And he and the new SHAZAM! family concept got a real boost in Flashpoint.
Where again he's a pretty minor side story. Although they did introduce his new "family" and a somewhat standardized animated look for these kids was established, which was great...
In the end they are decimated though.

26.jpg

t0cg.gif

But this is the supporting cast of his own I'm talking about. Where they need to build his universe.
shazambers.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbecdda8d11274726ed73b76b28a0ff3/tumblr_mp0jx50Ch11qjcm3po1_1280.jpg

They became the main through story in the new 52 JL backups, and they seem to be bringing them back (slightly reworked) in JL: WAR.

uvpw.gif

At least we've seen Freddy and Darla so far...

jjee.jpg

Anyone want to see Billy and all the kids in their own DTV Movie or Animated series?
Johns' reworking of the SHAZAM! Family aka new Lt. Marvels, seems tailor made for Animated Movies, or cartoon series.

2hx4kjq.jpg

The Goonies...
[
SHAZAMKIDSANIMATEDSERIESFAUX.jpg

ShazamFamillyPowerBinder.jpg

- http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/145/3/a/flashpoint_shazam_family_by_sii_sen-d66i762.png

- http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4246/g747.jpg

I mean it's great that they are actually using Billy/SHAZAM as back-up, and the new 52 set up from the JL back-ups seems like it's geared to launch him into his own (non-backup) series and material.
With his world re-established, the designs and concept of these kids ready for animation, shouldn't they be his back up now, where he is leading the team.

Not only in an ongoing series, but his own DtV Movie and/or cartoon series.

Last edited:
I want to see Billy, Mary and freddy as captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and captain Marvel, jr. I don't care what DC call them, or that Marvel made their own Captain Marvel, to me Billy will always be Captain Marvel.

i would like to see the three of them, but I HATE Johns "Shazam", its the worst take on the character I've ever seen. So, I never want to see or read anything with "Shazam" and his friends, but I'd love to see more comics/cartoons with Captain Marvel and the marvel family. Captain Marvel is my favorite DC superhero, so I'd love to see him come back someday as himself, the orphan with a heart of gold. The anti-social, jerk "Shazam", though, I'd prefer to just go away. Luckily, regardless of what they call him, animation seems to lean toward the classic version of the character when it comes to how he acts, so I'm hopeful that the Justice League: War Shazam will atleast act like the Billy Batson that had been around long before Johns ruined my favorite hero.

^ I agree with this. I love Captain Marvel and a tv series or a animated movie (i still want live action also) would be awesome ESPECIALLYYY if Black Adam is in it. I love Black Adam even more then Billy.

I don't really care if they call him Shazam or Captain Marvel, as long as he's acting like Captain Marvel and not johns version of the character.

I completely agree, call him Captain Marvel(he's been Captain Marvel longer than Superman could fly after all), calling him SHAZAM is nonsensical. I want his own animated movie for certain, but I also really want a live-action version of him as well.

I also want them to take it easy on his being naive. Wisdom of Solomon, after all.

according to cbm, we can forget a live action one.

the same people who did the green lantern animated series should do it, and they should promote it like a pixar movie.

or the one's who did this.

[YT]H7Nf-m6WGl4[/YT]

I'd love to see more stuff with Shazam done. Billy Batson's underrated, you could do a lot with a character like that.

Make a fun and lighthearted movie based on the golden age stuff, with all the silly things intact. Talking tigers, OOT villains etc. Throw realism out of the window.

It doesn't have to cross over with all the other DC stuff, like Superman and Batman. Captain Marvel can exist in his own universe. It should be a movie mainly for kids, but a movie parents can enjoy too.

I know it will never happen, but it's fun to imagine...

Can someone explain to me how people can get Superman and Captain Marvel confused?

I grew up watching the Live-Action & Animated SHAZAM! shows and NEVER ONCE confused them at all. Do studios believe people are that stupid?

I completely agree, call him Captain Marvel(he's been Captain Marvel longer than Superman could fly after all), calling him SHAZAM is nonsensical. I want his own animated movie for certain, but I also really want a live-action version of him as well.

I also want them to take it easy on his being naive. Wisdom of Solomon, after all.

Actually, when Fawcett comics lost theirlawsuit with national publications, they did not renew their copyright on the name Captain Marvel. Marvel Comics took advantage of this by grabbing the copyright of the name inventing their own character. As result the one we know is Captain Marvel can never have a title of the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"