Would it have been a good idea

Herofan

Sidekick
Reaction score
To make a new Superman animated series shortly after the release of Man of Steel or BvS, get more new and continuing interest from kids?

I think it's an interesting contrast that since the '90s Spider-Man has had four animated series (edit: and three since '06) while Superman has had none, unless you count Justice League and Krypto (although Superman has gotten several independent DTV animated films).

Last edited:
Interestingly they stopped releasing DtV animated Superman solo movies after 2013's Superman Unbound (the same year Man of Steel was released) although he continued to appear in Justice League animated movies.

Yes. We’re long overdue for a new Superman animated series

Alternatively more appearances of the Tyler Hoechlin live action Superman wouldn't hurt.

I loved Superman TAS, an updated version certainly wouldn't hurt.

Alternatively more appearances of the Tyler Hoechlin live action Superman wouldn't hurt.

Hoechlin’s amazing and deserves his own series

I'd even settle for an animated Superman series or movie set in the CWverse (like they did with the animated Vixen movie and are doing with the Freedom Fighters) using Hoechlin's likeness and voice.

There’s not a single word in this post that I disagree with.

Yes! YES! YES!!!

But also....

I would've liked a World's Finest show, as I pitched it many years ago when the comic was being published, and wanted it again after the Public Enemies movie.

If you had that show, and treated each character equally: first with the team up, then a Superman episode (or multi-part story), a Batman episode (or multi-part story), then back to the duo (again, single or multi-part). Any DC character can appear in anyone's focused episode(s), but its a show where everyone wins.

So yes to you, but there's my idea as well.

The same could be said (even moreso) for WW.
I wish we could've gotten a couple of sequels to the 2009 animated movie.

A WW animated series would be fantastic. So many great villains to draw from.

I hate that we've NEVER had any Wonder Woman animated series.

WB was mulling over a Batman/Superman animated series a few years back when Man of Steel first came out.

Man Of Steel 2‘s projected Superman versus Batman smackdown my be dominating geek chat, but speaking exclusively to SciFiNow, Beware The Batman producer Mitch Watson revealed that they had something very similar in mind when they first started spitballing show ideas.

“The first version was an Escape From New York kind of thing, which was a lot of fun, but I agree it was probably too dark for where they wanted to go with the show,” says Watson.

“Then we came up with the lighter version of the show, which was Batman – specifically Bruce Wayne – and Clark Kent at the beginning of their careers. The show revolved around Clark as a cub reporter coming to Gotham City, where he meets Bruce. They’re also just becoming Batman and Superman. Clark and Bruce become friends, but Batman and Superman hate each other. Then they realise who each other is, and get on the right side and end up living in the same building.

“It was, tonally, a very different approach,” he adds. “If Beware The Batman is centred in terms of tone, this was much lighter. It explored two guys in their early 20s as they were becoming heroes. That was the gist of the story. But there was just a feeling that although they really liked it, the timing for a Batman/Superman team-up show just didn’t feel right. Not yet. I can tell you that variations of that idea are always on the boards or something to possibly do, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Would've been neat to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"