Is There Nothing Jackie Chan Can't Do?!

Jackie chan is one of the greatest "action" stars in the world, hes awsome, cant wait for rush hour 3

Make the Hype stop lagging.

Meh he peaked too late i say, all that talk of "I`ll never do wires or have a stuntman" then he took off in the west late in his life so now he does need wires and a stunt guy to carry on

^ Isn't that a double-negative? You're saying Jackie Chan can't do anything.

He CAN'T play a villain in any of his movies.​

Jet Li > Jackie Chan

but. . . .

I'd kind of like to see that film.

(substituting Chan w/ Tony Jaa.:o)

Frizzo the Clown said:
^ Isn't that a double-negative? You're saying Jackie Chan can't do anything.
Not really, think about it. If the answer to his question is "yes," then that means Jackie can do anything.

I think Stephen Chow is really the heir to Jackie's action/martial arts/comedy throne. However, I hope Chow never makes any English-language movies.

Calvin said:
Not really, think about it. If the answer to his question is "yes," then that means Jackie can do anything.
I suppose you've got me there. Damned logic! ;)

Super Flight said:
Jackie chan is one of the greatest "action" stars in the world, hes awsome, cant wait for rush hour 3

Cool rush hour 3
Cant wait for that movie

People really don't give this guy enough credit. Like in the case of Tony Jaa, sure he is a promising newcomer and has done some great stunts in Ong Bak but everyone was suddenly hailing him to be even better than Jackie and that's just hyperbole. I've seen Ong Bak but Jaa's stuntwork still isn't anywhere near to touching the standard set by Jackie Chan.

drunken-master-2-pic-12.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-5.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-9.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-13.jpg

Drunker Master For The Win. :up: :up:

Fenrir said:

Drunken Master is pretty good and I can appreciate his athletic ability and willingness to break several bones/picture, but the guy pics goofy-ass roles every time out.

There's no way you can defend stuff like The Tuxedo, The Medallion, and Around the World in Eighty Days(I loved that book:(). Chan's a great stuntman, but that doesn't mean that Jaa won't do more w/ additional roles.

I've seen Ong Bak but Jaa's stuntwork still isn't anywhere near to touching the standard set by Jackie Chan.

Maybe not at this point, but some of the things he did in The Protector look nice.

Nothing... can't do....

So you're saying... that Jackie Chan has trouble doing anything? :confused: Damn those double negatives...

Alpha and Omega said:
Drunken Master is pretty good and I can appreciate his athletic ability and willingness to break several bones/picture, but the guy pics goofy-ass roles every time out.

Sadly that's what he's been typecast into. But that still doesn't change the fact that he is undoubtedly the most talented actor-stuntman alive in the world today.

It's not as much a typecast as that's what he chose. He didn't find success as a Bruce Lee ripoff. He found success being the martial artist with a sense of humor.

Cyclops said:
It's not as much a typecast as that's what he chose. He didn't find success as a Bruce Lee ripoff. He found success being the martial artist with a sense of humor.

Maybe it's because of the funny faces he makes while fighting trying to appear serious, angry or dangerous. :D

No.... it's because he has a great sense of comedic timing.

It shouldn't be surprising that he's very talented, he's been in heavy training since about the age of 9.

Jackie Chan is wonderful... His style is that of comedy... I can't really pick Jet Li in a non Wong Fei Hun movie being all funny... Jet Li is the serious kick ass and Chan's the comedic guy... he has the face for it :yay:

haven't heard of Ong Bak and Jaa:huh:

Fenrir said:
People really don't give this guy enough credit. Like in the case of Tony Jaa, sure he is a promising newcomer and has done some great stunts in Ong Bak but everyone was suddenly hailing him to be even better than Jackie and that's just hyperbole. I've seen Ong Bak but Jaa's stuntwork still isn't anywhere near to touching the standard set by Jackie Chan.

drunken-master-2-pic-12.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-5.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-9.jpg

drunken-master-2-pic-13.jpg

Drunken master was probably the best movie I've ever seen.

Jackie Chan can't defeat the following people.

Micheal Jai White (Spawn, Universal Solider 2, Undisputed 2)

Superman (he saves people)

Jean Claude Van Damme

Chuck Norris ( Chuck Norris once round house kicked a guy so hard in the head, his descendants felt it )

Me with super powers

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"