It's a Bird! It's a Plane! David Corenswet IS Superman!

@flickchick85 I totally see what you mean about Hemsworth now that I have looked up photos, but I don't think David has that same issue. Hemsworth is naturally a lot narrower in the shoulders which magnifies the length of his neck.

That was unlikely a factor. When you lift heavy, the neck grows a ton and there are also exercises that can be done to strengthen the neck muscles. If that was a concern, they would have just had him train his neck like Christopher Reeves did. The neck was an area that David Prowse specifically targeted with Reeve to help fill out the neckline.
David's neck is definitely longer than Reeve's ever was. :funny: His neck can get thick as all get-out - it will still look long compared to the shoulders. It's a proportions thing. Same for Hemsworth. Young Reeve:

francesco-scavullo-christopher-reeve.jpg

Young Corenswet:

ea5d1462f85aa5e4f0eb6bff5d982f88.jpg

Young Hemsworth:

chrishemsworth-openingnight-6.jpg

David is definitely more of a Hemsworth than a Reeve imo.

David's neck is definitely longer than Reeve's ever was. :funny: His neck can get thick as all get-out - it will still look long compared to the shoulders. It's a proportions thing. Same for Hemsworth. Young Reeve:

Young Corenswet:

Young Hemsworth:

David looks exactly like my first high school crush... What the ****. :funny:

Young Corenswet:

Young Hemsworth:

Yeah, his neck is longer than Reeve, but he doesn't have Hemsworth's other proportions. He's naturally wider at the shoulders, which balances things out. David has a bit of a sloping shoulder, but nothing like Hemsworth so it doesn't have the same overall effect in my opinion.
new-photos-of-david-corenswet-from-november-5th-at-the-v0-0f0ke2pedy2c1.jpg
images (11).jpeg
Versus:
3795E5B500000578-3759026-image-a-11_1472162179278.jpg

9201bc61b6a30bc070e0647f0fb39d64.jpg

Went with sweatshirts to get the best direct comparison of their overall neck/shoulder proportions.

Yeah, his neck is longer than Reeve, but he doesn't have Hemsworth's other proportions. He's naturally wider at the shoulders, which balances things out. David has a bit of a sloping shoulder, but nothing like Hemsworth so it doesn't have the same overall effect in my opinion.
View attachment 89847
View attachment 89848
Versus:

Went with sweatshirts to get the best direct comparison of their overall neck/shoulder proportions.
I'm sure the results will be evident on screen, so we'll just have to see!

View attachment 89847
View attachment 89848
Versus:

I need someone to yell at David to take off his shirt. :o

Alright yes I'm very late to the game but I just put on Hollywood with David and god damn is this going to be perfect. Just that twinkle in his eye and the little movements...this kids got what it takes to make it in Hollywood

Alright yes I'm very late to the game but I just put on Hollywood with David and god damn is this going to be perfect. Just that twinkle in his eye and the little movements...this kids got what it takes to make it in Hollywood
Lol, imagine the debates we could have skipped. :funny:

His hair in the suit release pic reminds me of what he has in this film when it gets loose at the front and I'm totally down for that...and maybe some moppy hair (if his hair is even capable of looking bad) for Clark.

His hair in the suit release pic reminds me of what he has in this film when it gets loose at the front and I'm totally down for that...and maybe some moppy hair (if his hair is even capable of looking bad) for Clark.
It reminds me of his hairstyle in the Netflix series Hollywood, particularly as it's styled in this scene. And that's pretty damn close to what I was looking for!

maxresdefault.jpg
tumblr_p74x9kkjbh1ugcq3jo2_540.gifv
:o

Haha excuse my ignorance. But yeah you are spot on.

Funny the other guy was keen on is also in Hollywood and man I was wrong especially after watching Corenswet.

Y'all that favoured David were always right.
No worries. I was just joshing. :funny:

No worries. I was just joshing. :funny:
Oh i known dw. I just owe the David folks an apology! I'm loving every scene he is in. So many facial movements and body language that I really hope is allowed to shine in Superman. If this show is anything to go by...he is going to be the new face of Superman. They just need to get the movie right. Big hopes.

The first scene alone of him watching a movie and eating popcorn and then smiling...I knew it was right.

Lots of boning in this show. Maybe Supes was "taking off his boots" ;)

Sorry Im flooding the chat, I have been in solitude for a long time and just need to talk.

So, can we replace Johnathon Majors with the actor that plays Archie. (In marvel stuff)

Heck if we were to get a black Superman down the road is go for him. Got the dimples and sweet eyes

Last edited:
Sorry Im flooding the chat, I have been in solitude for a long time and just need to talk.

So, can we replace Johnathon Majors with the actor that plays Archie. (In marvel stuff)

Heck if we were to get a black Superman down the road is go for him. Got the dimples and sweet eyes
Jeremy Pope! I think his star's on the rise - he got some good buzz last year for his lead performance in The Inspection.

Here, have a wholesome clip of them from when they both had movies at TIFF:

David Corenswet is similar to when Chris Hemsworth was first cast as Thor...this Superman role can be his big break out role into other things

Jeremy Pope! I think his star's on the rise - he got some good buzz last year for his lead performance in The Inspection.

Here, have a wholesome clip of them from when they both had movies at TIFF:

Love it. He has such a good vibe about him. I would honestly be way more interested in than Michael b Jordan...unless MBJ fits the role better. Heck i would have him for Pete at least that way Lana had something to compete with.

Oh i known dw. I just owe the David folks an apology! I'm loving every scene he is in. So many facial movements and body language that I really hope is allowed to shine in Superman. If this show is anything to go by...he is going to be the new face of Superman. They just need to get the movie right. Big hopes.
I've never watched The Politician, but I did manage to find a great snippet from the show in which David's character addresses a packed university auditorium. At one point in the speech, he refers to the crowd as "friends" and asks if it's okay to step down from the podium and converse with them on equal footing. Dude. It doesn't get any more Supermanly than that! I wish I could find the clip again to show you, but I can't remember where I first saw it.

Maybe @flickchick85 knows?

David's neck is definitely longer than Reeve's ever was. :funny: His neck can get thick as all get-out - it will still look long compared to the shoulders. It's a proportions thing.
Could his neck have been shortened by CG? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"