It's a small, small world, and you're too fat for it

The healthier the food, the more expensive it is. And the worse the food is for you, the cheaper it is. Conspiracy? I think so.
I entertain the thought from time to time, but it's not really the case. Junk food, or rather food that's heavily processed is cheaper to make thus cheaper to sell. It has lower standards than food that is healthy.

Dont agree...I feel that each person is responsible for their own well being at a certain point. i'm 6'2 195 llbs.....about 2 years ago I was 245 lbs and I finally got tired of being out of shape and busted my arse to get back too being healthy.....

Each person is responsible, I would never deny that, but understanding and less ridicule would be nice, and when I say ridicule, it's rabid, schoolyard ridicule like I see on these boards and elsewhere.

It is really superficial ridicule too, somebody isn't pretty enough for others, lets point fingers, laugh and be nasty to those who don't fit a certain beauty image, obviously that will help get that person on the right track, the track that I personally give my stamp of approval on!

Or maybe I am wrong, you all just REALLY care about each and every persons health enough to rile up so much emotion, but then again, if that was the case you'd all be offering help and not ridicule.

Skinny people, or rather those of us who eat healthily, do naturally develop an aversion to fat people, moreso their eating habits. It's why we are in shape in the first place...because we're motivated NOT to be like them.

Wow, so you are admitting to being a shallow person who makes judgments on people based on their looks?

Wow, so you are admitting to being a shallow person who makes judgments on people based on their looks?
If you're fat, you're fat because you eat too goddamn much and/or don't take care of yourself with exercise. People with actual "gladular problems" account for less than 1% of this nations obese/overweight population. i.e. I'm not jumping to some "shallow" judgement based on the fact that someone is fat.

Obviously it's a vice for her, as it is a vice for many others, just like smoking, drugs, etc, maybe you are just lucky to not have such a vice, or maybe you are just a better person than her.

Maybe instead of aiming your scorn, maybe enlighten her with your wisdom on how to not become such a disgusting person as to make you literally get sick to your stomach.

Dont agree...I feel that each person is responsible for their own well being at a certain point. i'm 6'2 195 llbs.....about 2 years ago I was 245 lbs and I finally got tired of being out of shape and busted my arse to get back too being healthy.....

Lantern pretty much answered it for me...it's not my responsibility to get her into shape. It has to be a personal decision on her part. Self-improvement is very important, but she has to have the motivation.

EVERYONE makes judgments. You've been making a lot yourself by picturing that the people in this thread against obesity just sit around eating carrot sticks.

Each person is responsible, I would never deny that, but understanding and less ridicule would be nice, and when I say ridicule, it's rabid, schoolyard ridicule like I see on these boards and elsewhere.

It is really superficial ridicule too, somebody isn't pretty enough for others, lets point fingers, laugh and be nasty to those who don't fit a certain beauty image, obviously that will help get that person on the right track, the track that I personally give my stamp of approval on!

Or maybe I am wrong, you all just REALLY care about each and every persons health enough to rile up so much emotion, but then again, if that was the case you'd all be offering help and not ridicule.

you seem to be constantly bringing up this whole "help" issue.....I'm sorry, i just can't empathize with someone who being blatantly unhealthy....people who go to mcdonalds and order half the menu and then order a "diet coke"......

If you're fat, you're fat because you eat too goddamn much and/or don't take care of yourself with exercise. People with actual "gladular problems" account for less than 1% of this nations obese/overweight population. i.e. I'm not jumping to some "shallow" judgement based on the fact that someone is fat.

Yes, it's that simple, eat too much, don't exercise, get fat, and that makes you are horrible person that deserves to be averted. Let's not consider any of the other elements that create this situation, that would be too hard, where aversion and ridicule are much easier.

I am wondering, do you avert yourself from others that have actions that are unhealthy, or just hate fat people?

you seem to be constantly bringing up this whole "help" issue.....I'm sorry, i just can't empathize with someone who being blatantly unhealthy....people who go to mcdonalds and order half the menu and then order a "diet coke"......
Yeah me neither. I mean it's one thing not to have six pack abs, or to carry a little fat around your thighs, it's another to be so fat your gut hangs over your belt buckle or you have knee problems.

But openly ridiculing and being cruel is ok, I see.

Lantern pretty much answered it for me...it's not my responsibility to get her into shape. It has to be a personal decision on her part. Self-improvement is very important, but she has to have the motivation.

But you openly ridicule her, you are a humanitarian indeed!

Yes, it's that simple, eat too much, don't exercise, get fat, and that makes you are horrible person that deserves to be averted.
I'm sure crack addicts can be nice people too, but I don't see their problem as somehow mine to fix. Perhaps all that aversion people give them should be a wake up call about their lifestyle.

But you openly ridicule her, you are a humanitarian indeed!

I never claimed to be a humanitarian. I don't openly ridicule her, if I did I would point and laugh at her in public. I didn't give her name or anything, but this is a thread about obesity and therefore I gave an example of someone I know who has a problem. She's a nice girl, this isn't about her personality, it's about a health problem. Assumptions, assumptions.

I'm sure crack addicts can be nice people too, but I don't see their problem as somehow mine to fix. Perhaps all that aversion people give them should be a wake up call about their lifestyle.

Yeah, that helps people with major issues, denying them any interaction with others or care of any sort, you might be on to something.

Yes, it's that simple, eat too much, don't exercise, get fat, and that makes you are horrible person that deserves to be averted. Let's not consider any of the other elements that create this situation, that would be too hard, where aversion and ridicule are much easier.

I am wondering, do you avert yourself from others that have actions that are unhealthy, or just hate fat people?

No, it doesn't make you a horrible person, but its not going to elicit sympathy from others who are thinner, or more in shape, and there is no reason it should

Yeah, that helps people with major issues, denying them any interaction with others or care of any sort, you might be on to something.

Where did he say anything about denying them interaction in that post? :huh: What he's saying is that when people start avoiding you, that should be a wake-up call that something is wrong.

The healthier the food, the more expensive it is. And the worse the food is for you, the cheaper it is. Conspiracy? I think so.

It does make you wonder. The government wants us all to be good little worker bees and pay our taxes, so you'd think they would want us healthy. On the other hand, with social security going down the tubes, they don't want us living too long. :dry:

No. You're the one who needs to seek help, not the other way around. Batman is not going to swoop down through someone's window and save their life, not in this world. Just like Black Lantern said, when he was fat he busted his a$$ to get skinny. I'm sure once people saw him putting forth an effort to try to curb his problem, they were willing to offer a helping a hand...but, as the old saying goes "you can't help those who don't help themselves".

and there is a difference between interaction and care. If someone who is obese/overweight seeks treatment to better themselves and get healthy...fantastic.....but it has to be their decision. when I go to a baseball game and I see someone getting winded climbing the steps, and then they spend the game eating hot dogs, ice cream, and drinking beer....how am I supposed to help or even feel sorry for that person...???

Where did he say anything about denying them interaction in that post? :huh: What he's saying is that when people start avoiding you, that should be a wake-up call that something is wrong.

He says he has an aversion to fat people, what does that mean to you?

In your post about hating to see fat people eat bad foods, and how it makes you physically sick, in a thread with people ripping into fat people, maybe that was the only sincere post. My bad if I read it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"