Its animated, right?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by alvix, Feb 4, 2006.

1. alvix

alvix Guest

I havent heard much about this series yet, but im wondering if its gonna be like Justice League (animated) or with the actual Wesley Snipes?

2. Iphus04

Iphus04 Time Lord from Gallifrey

Live action, starring Kirk 'Sticky' Jones as Blade.

3. WallCrawl

WallCrawl Registered

Animated? I wish. :(

4. Sentinel X

Sentinel X optical illusion

Anime would be there best bet for something original that would keep viewers on.Just imagine a Japanese Anime Blade :eek:...OMG!!Thatd be amazing.

5. XwolverineX

XwolverineX Registered

When does this show commence?

6. Advanced Dark

Advanced Dark Registered

It commences in June and there was a Manga Blade animation short that you can purcahse online.

7. EdRyder

EdRyder Registered

For those who dont know-Theres an anime movie called:Blood the Last Vampire(I highly recomend it)Theres also a sequel in the works as well as a series coming out sometime this or next year...IMHO "Blood"is a zillion times better than Vampire Hunter D

But as for Blade-Its not the right idea-When you create an animated series in the states the crossover marketing(action figures/breakfast cereals) must be solid for the show to thrive(look at Justice league compared to Sponge Bob)
    Where as in Japan-GitS stand alone complex is a popular show in general(like CSI or Lost)They dont have to cater to the under 13 demographic.Dont get me wrong kids in america will chow down on some Kung Fu ever since Power Rangers,but I think theyd be lost on the blood sucking vampires...
    And just what would you call that cereal?Blade-o's?

8. HughJackFan420

HughJackFan420 Registered

jesus do some research before u post man

9. logan_weapon_x

logan_weapon_x Registered

Easy, HughJackFan, there's no need to be like that.

10. Qoèlet

Qoèlet Carafa's Eye

Getting information was the point of posting. Common sense would tend to indicate that knowing the answer to a question is not a requirement for asking it.

11. droogiedroogie2

droogiedroogie2 Registered

See, this is what I'm talking about. What is it with you people that think any franchise could be improved upon by turning it into anime? Anime works, for Western audiences, in only a select handful of cases. Most of the time, it's confusing and culturally untranslatable (Gantz), or alternately it's a bad marketing move for a successful franchise (The Batman). Or it's just a complete shat show (Inuyasha).

Franchises that don't start out anime or very animesque CANNOT be transformed into anime. It doesn't work. Let's return to our Batman example. Bats is a superb martial artist, sure, one of the best in the world, but in The Batman he freaking flies and has superspeed! That doesn't fit.

Similarly, Blade may kick ass, but the dude is not an anime hero, and he never should be. I don't like the way this live-action thing is going, and I'd have much preferred animation, but anime would have been far, far, FAR worse.

12. Hellion

Hellion Oppa Is Here

Blood The Last Vampire is what Blade should be.

The animation was great. Glad theres a sequel coming out.

13. Sentinel X

First of all The Batman is a combination of many different animation styles,its not strictly Jap anime.Secondly,Japanese anime isnt culturally untranslatable...who told you that??? :confused:
    Also I personally dont like Inuyasha anymore but it has milllions of fans.
    The story itself can work in Japanese Anime,a vampire hunter,lots of blood and gore,a aster of kung-fu.Trust me, anime wouldnt be far FAR worse...Have you seen Kill Bill?Animatrix,Vampire Hunter D....thats the kind of anime Im was thinkin wuld work for Blade...Im not talking about those cheap,terrible looking Pokemon Japanese Animes.

14. deathshead2

deathshead2 Registered

Must everything be anime now. See and people wonder why I hate anime at times its a virus that needs a cure ANIME must die:mad:

15. Sentinel X

Not everything is Anime...and Anime musn't die!!!:mad:
    anime>mankind

16. droogiedroogie2

droogiedroogie2 Registered

1. Jap is a racial slur. It would be wise not to use it.
    2. The head guy for The Batman is a guy named Matsuda. Unsurprisingly, whether or not it is strictly anime, the overarching style and physics of the show are indisputably anime. It's anime in spirit if not in letter.
    3. Nobody "told" me that anime isn't culturally translatable. It's simply my experience with the medium.
    4. Britney Spears has millions of fans. Does that make her music good? No.
    5. Not all Vampire Hunters are anime. Van Helsing did battle with vampires a long time before Miyazaki was born.
    6. Blood and gore do not anime make. True anime transcends such cliched boundaries as "blood and gore" and "ridiculous physics" to get to the heart of a good story.
    7. I understand that you feel that there are good types of anime. I agree. They wouldn't work for Blade. I have seen all of the examples you mention. Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (slightly better than original) is one of my top ten movies of all time. Doesn't mean everything has to be anime, which is what American TV corporations seem to think these days.

17. THE MR. TERRIFIC

THE MR. TERRIFIC HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

It would have been better animated now seeing the trailer, it just looks really bad!!:down

18. GoldGoblin

GoldGoblin Registered

^They should of went with animated.

19. Matt.S99

Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

i would be grat to have an animated blade

20. GothicPowerMix1

GothicPowerMix1 Registered

Would it also kill the user to do some searching when there are Threads on FREAKING PAGE 1 with Trailer Links that will answer his Question ? It wouldnt have killed him to search would it :confused:

21. Logan Howlett

Logan Howlett Registered

DIE THREAD DIE!

[​IMG]

22. antonydelfini

antonydelfini Strange Tales

23. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

Live action starring a bald Sticky Fingaz as Blade.