Sequels J.K. Simmons on SM4

Blader5489

CASUAL SEX!
Reaction score
Didn't see this anywhere. From IGN:

IGN attended a roundtable interview today with character actor J.K. Simmons for the upcoming comedy Juno. We had the chance to ask Simmons whether he's obligated to reprise his role as Daily Bugle boss J. Jonah Jameson for a potential Spider-Man 4, or if he's even interested in continuing in the franchise should director Sam Raimi or other cast members not return.

"I'm not contractually obligated. My understanding is that no one is. We were all -- those of us who appeared in all the films -- initially signed up to do the three films, including Sam and Tobey and Kirsten and myself and everyone else. I'm hopeful that Sam will do more. I'm sure Sony will do more. I hope to be involved in any case, but it would be doubly great if Sam were still making the movies."

When told that rumor has it that it appear likely Raimi will only produce or exec produce Spidey 4 and allow another filmmaker to direct, Simmons replied, "I think in any case if he's not -- I love working with him as a director. If he's not the director then I hope that that is the case [that he'll at least help produce the film]. I hope that he's still very involved in making the movie."

The most recent official news on Spidey 4 is that James Vanderbilt will pen the screenplay once the writers' strike ends.

Fantasitc news! I'm really glad the J.K. Simmon's would be involved in the film no matter what. :up:

So the writer's strike affected Spidey 4 too, eh, damn? We would probably be getting some news in early 2008, had it not been for this strike.

Only writing this after the strike??? Damn... thats 2009 then ain't it? looks like SM4 is probably 2011.

Hold on, you don't think the strike will last that long, do you. I heard they were negotiating, or was I dreaming?

yea, i thought it would be coming to a close relatively soon, good to hear that JJJ will be there though when it does come out.

The strike will probably be resolved by the end of the year. Vanderbilt can get his final drafts in by spring, casting can begin/end by late '08, and then filming would start in winter or spring of 2009. Still on track for a 2010 release.

Raimi is a slow writer, and was probably bogged down even more by studio mandates. His script for SM3 took about a year to finish--and he had started soon after SM2 was done. I don't think you should expect Vanderbilt to take that long, especially since he already has some ideas in mind that have been approved by the producers.

Are the writers negotiating? Hollywood over pays their actors, they might as well over pay their writers.

J.K. Simmons was really the closest actor to what the comics make his character look and act like; to me, J.K. Simmons is J. Jonah Jameson; he looks like him and acts like him and is more of what his character is like than anyone else, after him would probably be Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn.

Hold on, you don't think the strike will last that long, do you. I heard they were negotiating, or was I dreaming?

I think the writers are asking for too much from the new media as far as a % of how many people view it. New media is basically used to promote. Now I'm all for them getting money for any programming SOLD over the web. But how much? They're paid to write the damn story. What if there's no viewers? Will the writers PAY the studios money if it's a flop? They have no risk, and no money laid out that is risked.

Paul Haggis is saying that the strike looks set to last well into the summer of next year. It's sort of like a bitter sweet victory for me because 1) this means a recast for the spidey movies is for certain and 2) a lot of my favourite tv shows are being affected. I was looking foward to watching season 7 of 24.

Paul Haggis is saying that the strike looks set to last well into the summer of next year. It's sort of like a bitter sweet victory for me because 1) this means a recast for the spidey movies is for certain and 2) a lot of my favourite tv shows are being affected. I was looking foward to watching season 7 of 24.

It won't last that long, but it does look to last longer than expected. Negotiations just broke down again yesterday.

J.K. simply embodied J.J.J.

To be honest, It's really hard imagining somebody else play the character at all; let alone well.

I hope he returns - judging by his comments, it looks like he does too.

Thank goodness that J.K. Simmons is coming back. He is great at JJJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"