Sequels Jameson Returning For Spider-Man 4: He Still Wants Spider-Man!

JaD

Thriller Night
Reaction score
Although it's not really news that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in 2010 as this report at MTV highlights (director Sam Raimi himself said previously that filming would start by March of 2010), it is good to hear that J.K. Simmons will be returning:

MTV:

The fourth film in the blockbuster "Spider-Man" franchise will begin shooting in 2010, actor J.K. Simmons told MTV News at Sundance, revealing that he'll continue in the role of Daily Bugle publisher J. Jonah Jameson. "I saw Sam [Raimi] at his Christmas party."
At least that's out of the way.

I hope he returns to his :spidey: 1 & 2 roots in terms of character :hehe:

HA HA HA JJJ FTW! I also hope Simmons will return, he roxx!:D

Good to hear he is coming back and that things are moving forward, was getting a little worried there for a moment. Cant wait for more JJJ humour!

As I said in another thread, it's grea to know he's back.

Also, IMO, J.K. Simmons = JJJ

Jameson Returning For Spider-Man 4: He Still Wants Spider-Man!
That's the most important part of the movies to me :woot: Glad he's back

could we get a more serious jameson here rather than pure comic relief

he's supposed to be obsessive but also somewhat respected. The very idea of him prancing around in a spiderman costume sickens me, he hates masked vigilantes...

^ Ask the producers
:hehe:

the fact someone wrote about it and they filmed it shows they have no understanding of the character.

Awesome news.

Much like Patrick Stewart as Xavier, I honestly think I'd struggle with accepting anyone else in the role.

Good news, J.K. is the perfect Jameson. Always entertaining.

YES!!!!

I can't see anybody else in the role.

the fact someone wrote about it and they filmed it shows they have no understanding of the character.

My God, so just one scene and they kill the characterization? When one is obsessive, they do get a bit funny. Besides, they're are more serious subjects so deal with in the film. Jameson is still obsessive and convinced that Spider-Man's a menace.

JK is JJJ. Hard to see anyone else pull it off at this point. So far so good for SM4.

Lets just hope they don't get a little too Villain/retcon crazy!

JK's Jameson is one of my favorite things about the series.

Really happy to have him returning for the role.

$immon$ $till want$ $pidey? Of cour$e he doe$. Why wouldn't he?

Now I wonder about Betty Brant. I hope Banks changes her mind but they need to treat her right :yay:

I'd expect to see some key changes... maybe Rosemary Harris will retire... don't expect Banks to return... I could see MJ being recasted. Definitely still shocked that both Raimi and Maguire are back as it is.

You know... I'm not so convinced that there will be two films shot Back-2-Back. I'm getting the impression that these film may be two separate, stand alone, films.

Do anyone feel the same after reading that link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"