Sequels No Sam Raimi for Spider-Man 4?

The Man of Steel

Sidekick
Reaction score
No Sam Raimi for Spider-Man 4? click here to find out :csad:

Source: Superhero Hype! December 18, 2007

This is just pure speculation, but Sam Raimi has been saying for a while now that if Peter Jackson decides to produce The Hobbit for New Line instead of direct it, that Raimi hoped he would get a chance to take the director's chair.

Well, the big news has finally hit this morning -- Peter Jackson will produce (not direct) The Hobbit and a sequel to The Hobbit. Full details can be found here.

If Raimi decides to helm "The Hobbit" films instead, we would assume he would still be involved with the Spidey franchise in some capacity, probably as an executive producer.

Again, this is just speculation and nothing is certain.

No Sam Raimi for Spider-Man 4? click here to find out :csad:

Source: Superhero Hype! December 18, 2007

This is just pure speculation, but Sam Raimi has been saying for a while now that if Peter Jackson decides to produce The Hobbit for New Line instead of direct it, that Raimi hoped he would get a chance to take the director's chair.

Well, the big news has finally hit this morning -- Peter Jackson will produce (not direct) The Hobbit and a sequel to The Hobbit. Full details can be found here.

If Raimi decides to helm "The Hobbit" films instead, we would assume he would still be involved with the Spidey franchise in some capacity, probably as an executive producer.

Again, this is just speculation and nothing is certain.

i hope he directs the hobbit that would be so freaking awesome and he would have peter jackson for advice

The day I see "Sam Raimi says he will direct Spidey4!) as one of the headlines on SHH! main page, I'm going to yell in joy. :up:

I love fickle fans...they praise Raimi for SM1 and SM2 but as soon as something goes sour...they kick him out of the boat. If he doesn't direct, I atleast want him to produce.

Eh, we'll see what happens. Just cause Jackson is not doing The Hobbit, doesn't mean Sam will. We have to wait and see. Saying it is a conclusion at this time he won't do SM4 I feel is wrong, but I will say what was 50/50 to me is now about 75/25 in favor of Sam leaving.

I love fickle fans...they praise Raimi for SM1 and SM2 but as soon as something goes sour...they kick him out of the boat. If he doesn't direct, I atleast want him to produce.

Yeah seriously. Let's see what happens to the Batfilms with number 3 ;) Ahh.. the trilogy curse.

But yes, I don't quite care for Raimi's 3 spidey films, or rather his take on Parker. BUT I want him back for the next 3, whether Tobey and crew are back, why? Continunity in style. I'd hate to see the style and story deviate after the first 3 films.

Id love for raimi to do the Hobbit. Then someone else can do spiderman 4.

As long as he's involved with spidey 4 in some way or another then i'll be fine with that.

But this is all speculation right now so i await for somethin more substantial.

I want Sam Raimi to have some involvement with Spider-Man 4.

I'm sure that Sam Raimi is going to produce if he's not directing Spider-Man 4. They've got James Vanderbilt to pen the script, so at least they've got a talented scribe for now. I don't think we'll know anything until next summer. From what I understand, they won't start filming Spider-Man 4 until 2009, so there's still plenty of time.

Didn't Raimi already say he was going to work with Vanderbilt once the strike was over? Doesn't really sound like he's leaving to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"