Jak and Daxter

Hollywood cast other actors in prominent film adaptations of videogame or animated media challenge: impossible.

Well that videogame adaption streak sure didn't last long

This is real? I saw an Instagram post about this and thought it was fake. Goddamnit, the whole "Let's cast Tom Holland and Chris Pratt in everything" is starting to feel like an ongoing prank that just won't die.

Look at the source. This isn't an official announcement (yet) and honestly just sounds completely fake.

It's very funny for people to try to pull off fake casting news during an actor's strike.

I recall last year, Jak and Daxter was a movie Tom Holland said he was interested as a future video game adaptation. Not sure if that's where this came from.

Now, do I believe Sony and PlayStation Prod. want to make a Jak and Daxter movie? Yes, I can believe that. Can I also believe they want actors like Pratt and Holland to be in it? Yes. But I highly doubt anything has been seriously discussed. For one thing, the can't even negotiate with actors right now. For another, unless a script has already been written, they can't even start production. I think one of the few exceptions is for an animated production, the animators can continue working on the film and use the animation staff to do scratch or temp voice-overs until the strikes are resolved, but I doubt that's happened here.

So even if Jak and Daxter movie does get lined up, we aren't seeing it for years. Look how long The Super Mario Bros. Movie took from when it was announced. And that's without strike delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"