Uncharted 2 Confirmed

Zenien

Reaction score
And then we should begin shortly a sequel. This requires taking a step back and take a fresh look at the game to see what direction we are going to push him. But the universe is there, it is rich ... So there is the potential for an exciting new title. Even better.

Link

Good news imo. Naughty Dog has never been afraid to reinvent the wheel on a sequel, and Jak II was one of the best games of the generation. For a sequel I'd like to see them make the gunplay elements more structured (like in the sunken city shootout, and more so towards to end of the game) make platforming a bit mroe akin to Jak and Daxter, and opening up areas a little more akin to Tomb Raider. Also I'd like a much more robust melee combat system.

Jak never turned emo, he turned generic pure platforming hero to generic badass dude.

I also hope that they implement some co-op or multiplayer component. What Ideas do you guys have for a sequel?

uncharted_map--screenshot_large.jpg

GREAT NEWS, THANKS ZEN!!!:D:up: I PERSONALLY WOULD LOVE FOR THEM TO ADD A BIT MORE SCIFI ELEMENTS IN THE NEXT ONE, AND AS YOU SAID, EXPAND THE HAND TO HAND COMBAT AND MULTIPLAYER COOP WOULD BE NICE!!!:D:up:

arguably the best game on the console, so while this isn't a surprise, it's awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing some winter elements after seeing what they were able to pull of with rain physics

Yay! Best news all day. They definetly MUST include mutliplayer. Too many parts had the computer control an extra character and that coudl have easily been incorporated as co-op pay. Online style deathmatches and other game modes should make their way into teh sequel

Yay! Best news all day. They definetly MUST include mutliplayer. Too many parts had the computer control an extra character and that coudl have easily been incorporated as co-op pay. Online style deathmatches and other game modes should make their way into teh sequel
QFT! I want multiplayer so badly and a longer game! Uncharted was soooo awesome though the ending was strange....still great fun!

Great news!!! I cant wait to take Drakes adventure further....

I STILL NEED UNCHARTED! I asked for it for Christmas but I didn't get it. :(

I did get Rock Band and ES4: Shivering Isles though, so 'sall good.

This is good news but the sequal could use some work.

- Platforming was mainly just scaling the walls, as simple as pressing X. Bring some more Crash and Jak into it guys.

- It'd be interesting to see an urban environment, maybe Drake gets attacked while in a city at the start and has to scale buildings.

- Something that's sure to make the game rise above the "Just another Gears" category it wrongly fell into this time round. More emphasis on run and gun say, or taking the fist fights to the next step.

All in all should be an awesome game. Though Jak 2 was not as good as Jak and Daxter.

You should consider getting out of this thread!

All in all should be an awesome game. Though Jak 2 was not as good as Jak and Daxter.
Jak II is better than the original, though the sequels lacked in the beautiful nature environments it was much superior to the original is virtual every category.

Is anyone surprised by it? :confused:
Of course Uncharted would have a sequel....unless it was really crappy

Isildur´s Heir;13702723 said:
Is anyone surprised by it? :confused:
Of course Uncharted would have a sequel....unless it was really crappy
of course not. I think the surprise might be that it looks like they are going forward with Uncharted 2 before doing the next Jak. I didnt expect for a sequel to come soon

Graphically speaking, what could they really do to improve it?

I also like the idea of making the setting in Atlantis this go around. I remember there were rumors about that earlier. That would change the scenery quite a bit.

The best improvement they can do, is make it more like National Treasure, where you're traveling all over the world.

The best improvement they can do, is make it more like National Treasure, where you're traveling all over the world.
I dont think I would want that. Maybe 2 different locales, but defiently not all over the world.

Graphically speaking, what could they really do to improve it?
New environements could answer that question. Loved the game and setting but one thing I wish was that there was more than teh jungle setting. Id love to see them tackle differnet outdoor settings

and as I said early, winter environments would be pretty awesome

It did. But hey, if Blinx: The Time Sweeper can get a sequel, to HELL if this game can't! :dry:

worldwide it's sold around 700k copies, it certainly did not bomb and it has seems to have some strong legs. It remains one of the top sellers on the console each week since it was released

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"