• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jan - Fan Art Contest -VOTE HERE!

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
Greetings all,

My apologies for not getting this ups sooner - but life & work simply get in the way of fun!

Here is the voting poll thread for the JAN - Captain America Fan Art Contest!

RULES:
* You have a multiple vote (you can vote for yourself)
* Please NO comments about who you voted for
* Voting is open till Fe. 17th

Enjoy, and good luck to all!

Winner will get bump in avatar size!

GOOD LUCK!

There were a number of DISQUALIFICATIONS!
*If you are submitting another artists work as your own - it will be disqualified - and you must be a member of this forum to enter - entering your boss's kid's entry won't cut it!
Also - 'borrowing' other artists images from Deviant Art (or any other host) will also be disqualified! - These are all subject to EXCELSIOR's sole discretion!

Feel free to PM Excelsior with any questions!

Last edited:
GUYS

Let me get the entries posted before you start voting...

Thanks...

One

here's mine had it in my gallery

capncompany_final.jpg

here's my image for this month's contest, had loads of time on my hands this month because hours at work have gone down so here it is guys, hope you like:

americancopy.jpg

:)

:st: Baggers :st:

P.s. Love your preview image lixdexia and kad great image as always, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this month's contest :)

okay so after reading the rules this time, here is my real entry. Nothing special. Just a manip lol. Assume the sheild is being worn behind him lol. I couldn't come to a conclusion on how to get a mask to look right so you're stuck with channing tatum.

newcap.png

here's my official entry...just something simple:

100_0016.jpg

movie captain america vs. Red skull
------

Two

my entry. Hope you like it... By the way, i love your flying teeth too, kad

well heres my entry, i was originally goin to do a manip costume design but decided to go for this after my gran recently showed me a picture of her father in the trenches which he had sent back to her mother i figured cap would have probably done something similar and got the words after re-reading the ultimates :

capcompfcopy-1.png

edit : Just wanted to add that i made cap completely in photoshop took hours upon hours : http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/giz_19/cappre.jpg?t=1231518007

firstavenger.jpg

not in anyway who i would cast as cap, but i liked the pose.

my concept for cap was with the asumption that tony stark would have a part to play in the creation of the tech and uniform for the avengers. I would like to think that tony, being the egotistical fellow that he is, would put a splash of his design in the suit for steve.

cap.jpg

Three

here's my entry for the contest.

CaptianAmerica001.jpg

mehh... Just doing this for fun.

cap.jpg

93bjh9.jpg

mechanical pencil & cretacolor monolith on 8x10 vellum paper.

Colored on photoshop

-this is an original composition, i used a daredevil image as a reference
for the lighting and as a base. Ive got matthew mcconaughey under the
cowl as cap-

that pic ramore posted is really nice, i like the design a lot.

I was watching the first season of it's always sunny in phillidelphia (i watched season 4, now catching up, love this show heh), and decided to try it again.

captian_america.jpg

i'm lousy at drawing buildings, so he's just leaning against thin air i guess heh.

Five

really nice entries this month!

here's my Avengers poster, lead by the man himself...
CapAndFriends.jpg

manip'd.
based pretty much on costumes we've seen.
hope you like it!!

My submission:

drawingcaptainamerica2fx9.jpg

I'm a first timer in this contest so though I make a poster of the upcoming Captain America film. I chose Raising the Bar's Teddy Sears for the role.

First_Avenger__CA_Movie_Poster_by_Derrick9592.jpg

Last edited:
Six

yeah that's channing tatum - it's funny cause when i first saw the gi joe stuff, i thought it was josh hartnett. Needless to say i was pleased to be wrong. Anyway, i had time after all tonight, so here is the finished result, sorry for posting it twice, i just thought that last night was it.
cap2sx4.jpg

NOTE on disqualifications...

The poll had been posted, and before I could get all the entries (quote) posted - there had already been 4 votes.
I was alerted to ONE entry (jkks085) that contained a number of deviant art pieces that were NOT his - I was going to to disqualify it, but it already got 2 votes before I could do it...

IN THE FUTURE - any "photo-manips" will be solely for PHOTOGRAPHS - any ART by another artist used will be deleted and disqualified!

The whole purpose of these contests is for you artists to showcase YOUR art - not borrow from others and present it as your own!

For quite a while I did not allow photo-manips for this exact reason - but you all begged to have them returned to contests... I do not like to disqualify any entry, but if you SWIPE another artists work from NOW ON, you will see your entry disqualified!

NUFF SAID!!

Good luck guys!

Like I said several times before, you could've disqualified my entry and everything would've been OK. I think that several people on these board are taking those things really too seriously.

It is the second entry I made for a fan art contest and trust me it's also the last.
Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
NOTE on disqualifications...

The poll had been posted, and before I could get all the entries (quote) posted - there had already been 4 votes.
I was alerted to ONE entry (jkks085) that contained a number of deviant art pieces that were NOT his - I was going to to disqualify it, but it already got 2 votes before I could do it...

IN THE FUTURE - any "photo-manips" will be solely for PHOTOGRAPHS - any ART by another artist used will be deleted and disqualified!

The whole purpose of these contests is for you artists to showcase YOUR art - not borrow from others and present it as your own!

For quite a while I did not allow photo-manips for this exact reason - but you all begged to have them returned to contests... I do not like to disqualify any entry, but if you SWIPE another artists work from NOW ON, you will see your entry disqualified!

NUFF SAID!!

Good luck guys!

Good word. As an artist on DA, I know I'd be pretty choked if someone swiped my stuff to use without my permission.

If it's stock photos and such, most have declared rights of usage.

Final works and pieces of art are rarely open for re-use.

Not sure if we're supposed to talk about voting (only started coming to the fan art thread last month), but went with 5p1d3r. There were a lot of nicely done pics, but 5p1d3r's just had that right balance. Some of the more realistic ones looked like exact real world versions of what's presented on the comic pages, and others were a bit too different (tho not a knock on any, seriously nice work all around). 5p1d3r's just had that right modern balance, while still sticking close enough to the original. Kinda like how Stark's Iron Man armor was in the Iron Man movie, it was close, but different, and it fit in a Marvel movie world setting.

thank you for that. It means a lot. there are alot of cool concepts on this one. everyone should be ready to claim royalties if you see your design in the movie. ha ha

JKK,
No worries - it's all cool!
No need to get worked up - I highly encourage you to continue to enter future contests!

I would have DQ'd your entry, but before I could - someone had voted for it in the poll... so I let it stay!

CM

Like I said several times before, you could've disqualified my entry and everything would've been OK. I think that several people on these board are taking those things really too seriously.

It is the second entry I made for a fan art contest and trust me it's also the last.
Good luck to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"