January Fan Art Contest Voting Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the thread where you vote for the January Fan Art Contest winner. You may vote once.

Votes are anonymous.

The poll will be up until Feb 7th. The nominess will be shown below:

Set 1
Wolverine

Drawing-Wolverine3.jpg

Alrighty, here's mine.

Black_Suit_Spider_Venom_by_ss2kid-1.jpg

AmandaMHart
400969_326440327390676_650681599_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400969_326440327390676_650681599_n.jpg

Here's a painting I just did for commission. This is mine for now:

VPV-1.jpg

Here's my entry. :)

Hulk vs superman.

supermanvshulk263.jpg

Graffik
6dtyg.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/6dtyg

Last edited:
Set 3

I guess I Can.

tumblr_lyh7ik6i2E1qjug6qo1_500.png

"The Lady Is the water" by me acrylics on illustration boardhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/uzazil/girl.jpg

Lookng at just this page my entry seems kinda weak imo. But Im gonna submit it anyway.
symbiotes__by_sabetoonth-d4nvhsq.png

I used to always enter these! Awesome to see you are bringing em back!

Here's a piece I did mixing teen versions of some of Disney's best villainesses and the movie 'Mean Girls'!

meanGirls.jpg

LONG LIVE SHH FANART CONTESTS!

This is Pretty old but i thought i'd enter
memories006.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a bunch of talented artists!!! This was a tough decision, but I have chosen one. Good luck to you all!!

I voted, surprised how many voted for my choice atm

I voted too, alot of great work on show here, lol

Lots of great stuff, I really liked tekken's concept for the Robin piece but in the end I went with Jugertha's ferocious Wolverine.

Maybe you missed it, but I'm competing in this poll. I'd prefer to compete against artists that actually produced their own work - instead of "using the sketch only", whatever you want to call it.

It's breaking the rules - plain and simple.

tracing is not allowed. unless vectoring/vexelling (which is another topic entirely), tracing is just copying the picture and recoloring, etc

if you used it as reference, that is fine, but for future reference, tracings don't follow the rules of the contests

no problem

the fan art contests used to be one of my favorite things here on the hype. trying to get more participation and voters to get more traffic in here so people can see how talented our artists are

Yeah, I run a similar contest on another board, and getting consistent participation is the trick. Sometimes, it's about picking a hot topic everyone is interested in, other times it's about having some sort of ranking system that people can see themselves climbing.

Overall though, as the admid, you just have to put the guidelines out there and hope that it attracts enough ppl to keep itself going.

less than 24 hours left to vote!

less than 2 hours left to vote

Thanks for the votes, guys.

I'm looking forward to the bigger avatar ;)

The January Fan Art Contest winner is.....

JUGGERTHA

:woot:

Woot!

Woot!

Now I'm gonna'...

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 49.3 KB (whichever is smaller).

Doh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"