Comics JJJ: Villain? Or Just a ****?

Yeah, I only know about it because that story was re-printed in The Origin of the Hobgoblin.

I wasn't even sure if it was Hobgoblin that was blackmailing him; it's been forever since I read that story.

In current continuity? I thought all the continuity reboots wiped out his record.

All of this brings an interesting observation that's been in the back of my mind-
Villains in comics really have it made.

They can engage their every evil perverse whim, and due to comic book policy will never really suffer any consequences. They won't be kiled off, as long as they're popular enough. Won't be sent to prison for life, because they'll eventually escape. They may get knocked around a bit, maybe even suffere some broken bones, but it'll somehow heal. Which, by comparison to the mayhem and murder they commit is a small price.

If anything, the heroes get the short-end of the stick. They have to live by rules the villains spit on and often suffer terrible consequences for their altruism. The very fact that have a morality is their undoing.

I guess its no wonder that for alot of comic fans the villains are more popular than the heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"