JLA Snags A-List Producer; Shooting in Aus!?

H

hitmanuk2k

OWF said:
The studio has greenlit the project as their summer 2009 tentpole. Filming for the principals will take place in Sydney from February to June 2008 – George Miller was unsurprisingly listed as director in the info we got.

Auditions are starting up down under with Nikki Barrett (Baz Luhrmann’s Australia, The Proposition) hired to handle the casting in Australia. Ronna Kress (Beowulf, The Mummy 3) will oversee the entire casting process.

Oscar-winner Barrie M. Osborne (The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix) will take on producing duties; he’ll be joined by Miller’s partner Doug Mitchell.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/exclusive-jla-snags-a-list-producer-shooting-in-aus.php

Thanks for posting this. Doubts of this movie being made were partly because there wasn't even a producer attached. I just wish the WB would come out and say something.

Still, lots of movies that have producers attached still don't get made. Especially considering there are so many ways this movie could fall through.

Wonder Woman has had Joel Silver attached as a producer for YEARS. I'll wait for an official annoucement before I beleive that this movie will even get made.

The IMDB Pro section for JLA states:

Code:
27 February 2007 	Treatment/Outline
14 June 2007 		A draft of the script has been turned in
2 September 2007 	Pre-production
4 September 2007 	Casting underway

So it's definitely coming.

i'll wait for something official. and even if true, the film is far from being certain.

Here...

ticket.jpg

I guess that's what it will take for some people to believe this film is actually happening. I mean, really. LOL :ninja:

Here...

ticket.jpg

I guess that's what it will take for some people to believe this film is actually happening. I mean, really. LOL :ninja:

That's what it took for SR. Fans saw pre-production blogs and some still didn't believe it was happening for sure after all the restarts heh.

Here...

ticket.jpg

Ha, gimme 3.:D

Here...

ticket.jpg

I think it's happening, not convinced it's 2009 yet though. As Rob alluded too on IESB, look how many times Superman was happening in different forms for a decade, or Flash, or Wonder Woman...

yeah, thats my thing....im sure WB is making advances and plans for a JLA film...but i really dont think it will be happening in 2009 or before MOS. and thats not because i'd prefer MOS, i just dont think it'll happen soon.

by the way, how reliable is this site? i've never heard of them before (not saying that makes them unreliable, just honest curiosity).

The IMDB Pro section for JLA states:

Code:
27 February 2007 	Treatment/Outline
14 June 2007 		A draft of the script has been turned in
2 September 2007 	Pre-production
4 September 2007 	Casting underway

So it's definitely coming.

:eek:

Things are looking good. Superman in live action form shall continue one way or another :up:

Well the producer gives me hope of the way the quality is going, but is the film going to be live action? Also what exactly is motion capture? Is that like the Silver Surfer in F4? Anyway i wish WB would announce something, but i suspect it's going to be some form of CGI and Motion capture due to who the dorector is, could be wrong, but I don't think it will be live action.

^You do realise that George Miller has only done one animated movie, right? All his others have been live action (Mad Max trilogy, Lorenzo's Oil etc).

^You do realise that George Miller has only done one animated movie, right? All his others have been live action (Mad Max trilogy, Lorenzo's Oil etc).

I know but his live action films are years ago and Happy Feet was his most recent and quite successful.

Never heard of this site. Who are they?

The only way I will see this movie is if Welling is playing Superman. I mean I know we heard that they offered him the role but we don't know if he said yes. And to me Routh and Welling are the only people fit to play Superman. So if they cast a different actor besides these two then I am not going to see it.

if true, that's one HELL of a producer they got. Anyone who says this film is going to be mindless action with Miller and Osborne at the helm is out of their freaking minds...

Wonder Woman has had Joel Silver attached as a producer for YEARS. I'll wait for an official annoucement before I beleive that this movie will even get made.
everyone should read this :dry:

and it was joel silver.he is not nobody. :yay:

if true, that's one HELL of a producer they got. Anyone who says this film is going to be mindless action with Miller and Osborne at the helm is out of their freaking minds...
because its WB.

simple as that :yay:

This thing is getting damn interesting.:word:

everyone should read this

and it was joel silver.he is not nobody.

the difference here is that WW was Silver's project, he was the one finding the director, overseeing the script, etc. With JLA, it's the studio, namely Dan Lin, who's driving this project and allegedly Osborne is just being brought on now that things are a "go" to actually get the film itslef produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"