JLA Snags A-List Producer; Shooting in Aus!?

I agree and I think Darkseid will be in the movie, but I do agree with dnno1. I think the Omac's will be a plot device to introduce the characters and not much more.

As dnno1 pointed out the OMAC history doesn't require Maxwell Lord or even Bats "current" history with their origin.

I'm astounded people don't have a more open mind about this movie.

The OMACs that are being used do require Maxwell Lord and Batman. Maxwell Lord was the man in charge of them and ordered their creation and Batman created Brother Eye which controlled them.

This is not Jack Kirby's OMAC.

Except Batman did not create the OMACs in the comics. Checkmate did. And considering that the Justice League already has an alien, on top with a space cop who's bosses are little blue men, an Amazonian princess, and an Atlantean king, there is no reason to exclude a Martian.

Well that Alien has been living on earth all his life and no human can not tell if he is alien or not. That space cop, Amazonian princess and Atlantean king all look human, thats the point. Thus having Talia and Maxwell as villians.This supports my theory that the Martian Manhunter is not in this movie, but John Jones is...

Look I want the Martian in the movie as much as you do, but you want this movie to be perfect. It won't be.

How old is this info, I saw it the IMDB synopsis for the JLA movie but skimmed through here and haven't seen discussed (doesn't mean I missed it):

Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and others of the JLA must deal with the expulsion of Batman and the death of Superman at the hands of the monstrous Doomsday.

I agree and I think Darkseid will be in the movie, but I do agree with dnno1. I think the Omac's will be a plot device to introduce the characters and not much more.

As dnno1 pointed out the OMAC history doesn't require Maxwell Lord or even Bats "current" history with their origin.

I'm astounded people don't have a more open mind about this movie.

What I was trying to say in that post was that the OMAC's weren't a bad idea or an antagonistic villian and that they draw similarities to villians from the existing comics or feature films that were box office hits (Amazo, the Pod People, Terminators, et. al.). The acronym OMAC draws its history from Jack Kirby's "One Man Army Core" series that ran in the 1970's although its current meaning is actually "Omni Mind And Community". You are right though that the storyline could be re-written to exclude Maxwell Lord or Batman from having anything to do with the OMAC project, but I have no idea what is in the script right now. If my memory doesn't fail me, it was the death of Maxwell Lord that activated the KingIsDead protocol and sent out the OMACS to kill all metahumans. This would mean that sombody would have to kill Maxwell Lord (which I have a strange feeling will not happen in this interpetation of the story).

...This is not Jack Kirby's OMAC.

That's right. This is not your father's OMAC. :woot:

To everyone who are complaining about that J'onn isn't in this, he'd be good to introduce in a sequel (which is most likely). Along with the White Martians, just like the animated series. Than save Darkseid for the third movie. The third one should always be the biggest in comic book films, imo.

I think the WB gave him a gag order not to talk about it, because everything's still in the planning stages (they probably think having him talk about it will jinx the JL project and not get it made). They'll probably let him talk about it when filming starts.
I hope before then. It's important for him, the Mulroneys (writers) and hopefully the producers to say something.

Theres a lot of confusion and uncertainty right now.
I have no hope for DC ever achieving similar success of what the Marvel films have now.
That's true but then again you have to remember that DC doesn't have the luxury of leasing it's characters to other studios like Marvel. Everything is pretty much under one roof at Warner Bros. This i think has somewhat hampered the development of solo franchises like Green Lantern, Wonder Woman etc. Those would cost the studio over 100 million each at least to get made thus making them big risks.

I hope before then. It's important for him, the Mulroneys (writers) and hopefully the producers to say something.

Theres a lot of confusion and uncertainty right now.

This is VERY true.....

Did i see someone basically say an Avengers movie can make spider-man level money but a jl movie wouldnt?

WTF?

And Also....why the hell would you put Darkseid or the LOD in the first JL movie where you could easily save them for sequels?

^I agree. The Omacs are good for a first movie. Than have LOD in the second and Darkseid in the third. That's if they make sequels.

The OMACs that are being used do require Maxwell Lord and Batman. Maxwell Lord was the man in charge of them and ordered their creation and Batman created Brother Eye which controlled them.

This is not Jack Kirby's OMAC.

You and I don't have a clue about what's in the script, but you apparently don't have much imagination either.

I do agree it's not going to be JK's OMAC, and I'd bet the Bats/Brother Eye storyline is used if anything we've heard is true.

drno1, I understood you, but I think I did imply you meant more than what you actually wrote as as a springboard for my post. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"