JLU returns on April 15th!

For the last four episodes, here's my rating:

Far from home: 3 out of 5 stars, didn't get why they did this story.
Ancient History: 4 out of 5 stars, it puts a good spin on Hawkgirl/GL, and closes a plot line.
Alive: 5 out of 5, I loved this episode, rampant destructions, good setup for the end.
Destroyer: 5 out of 5, if every series could be sent off like this, the world would be a much better place. We see a lot of people we haven't seen in a long time, including sorely missed characters. And we finally get to see the Boy Scout cut loose.

Cryostar1177 said:
For the last four episodes, here's my rating:

Far from home: 3 out of 5 stars, didn't get why they did this story.
Ancient History: 4 out of 5 stars, it puts a good spin on Hawkgirl/GL, and closes a plot line.
Alive: 5 out of 5, I loved this episode, rampant destructions, good setup for the end.
Destroyer: 5 out of 5, if every series could be sent off like this, the world would be a much better place. We see a lot of people we haven't seen in a long time, including sorely missed characters. And we finally get to see the Boy Scout cut loose.
That finale sounds good. I'm not expecting "Far From Home" to win an Emmy so that's not surprising; my expections are so low that I think I am ready for it. Guess we'll all find out this Saturday. Just as long as Batman doesn't sing and we don't spent about an hour watching Wonderpig fight a deranged pork-butcher (who was shown as being more evil than about a thousand Darkseid's). And no B'Wanna Beast. Please. Wouldn't have minded Zatanna co-starring somewhere, but whatever.

I mean, despite all the posturing I would really like a great, explosive finale to send off JLU and possibly the "Timmverse" in the epic, awesome, and satisfying way it deserves (which could have been done by EPILOGUE, but we'll see what ALIVE/DESTROYER gives us).

Personally, I thought the finale was a 7 at best. It really, really needed a third part. Now Divided We Fall, that was a something worthy of a Timmverse finale.

jaydawg said:
Personally, I thought the finale was a 7 at best. It really, really needed a third part. Now Divided We Fall, that was a something worthy of a Timmverse finale.
That's true, but EPILOGUE helped solidify a "closer" feeling. Plus, well, BEYOND was a good show worth revisiting.

But, I'll save judgement until I see the finale.

Dread said:
That finale sounds good. I'm not expecting "Far From Home" to win an Emmy so that's not surprising; my expections are so low that I think I am ready for it. Guess we'll all find out this Saturday. Just as long as Batman doesn't sing and we don't spent about an hour watching Wonderpig fight a deranged pork-butcher (who was shown as being more evil than about a thousand Darkseid's). And no B'Wanna Beast. Please. Wouldn't have minded Zatanna co-starring somewhere, but whatever.

I mean, despite all the posturing I would really like a great, explosive finale to send off JLU and possibly the "Timmverse" in the epic, awesome, and satisfying way it deserves (which could have been done by EPILOGUE, but we'll see what ALIVE/DESTROYER gives us).

Amen to that!

jaydawg said:

Well, then, don't look it at that way. I think it would be most gratuitous for Bruce Timm to end Justice League Unlimtied with two episodes which cap off his entire work. Besides, you can consider Epilogue as the Timmverse finale episode. From what I hear about the last two episodes, it sounds like the right way to cap off what started in Secret Origins. That is, showing a group of heroes that can function well together (a contrast to what was explored in the Cadmus story arc) and that are unified under one banner to save the world. It's superheroes at its roots, really.

As much as I would have loved to have an extended version of Destroyer, they packed a lot in there. Focus'ed a lot on Star Sapphire for some reason and the glowing skull...but hey, there must be at least 35 people that get appearences in the episode....so I can't complain.

you guys know that destroyer ep is on you tube right? it does kinda end like it's the last.
and is destoryer officially the last episode Of JLU? if not, what are the last 2 called?

kieron39 said:
you guys know that estroyer ep is on you tube right?
and is destoryer officially the last episode Of JLU? if not, what are the last 2 called?

It's officially the last episode of Season 5 of JLU, a season that many are saying is the last one of the show. Me, though, I am skeptical. Until the last episode airs in the United States, there could be any news which would report different.

TheGrayGhost said:
Well, then, don't look it at that way. I think it would be most gratuitous for Bruce Timm to end Justice League Unlimtied with two episodes which cap off his entire work. Besides, you can consider Epilogue as the Timmverse finale episode. From what I hear about the last two episodes, it sounds like the right way to cap off what started in Secret Origins. That is, showing a group of heroes that can function well together (a contrast to what was explored in the Cadmus story arc) and that are unified under one banner to save the world. It's superheroes at its roots, really.
Its also called generic storytelling. :down

I saw the last 2 episodes on you tube, its really crappy and pixelated, but they're the best damn fight scenes i have ever seen, i had a tear in my eye when they're all changing and joing in...OMG

I cant wait for alive and destroyer to air, i'm gonna record them and watch them over and over again

jaydawg said:
Its also called generic storytelling. :down

A generic story can still be told very well. In any case, I probably will still enjoy them very much.

A couple of shots (non spoiler) from destroyer....yeah, she looks good in that costume....I love JLU art. :)

Justice%20League%20Unlimited%20-%20513%20-%20Destroyer0072.JPG

Justice%20League%20Unlimited%20-%20513%20-%20Destroyer0096.JPG

And Here's one of Mr. Happy Pants.
Justice%20League%20Unlimited%20-%20513%20-%20Destroyer036.JPG

Ive Seen Destroyer just not Alive. I just wish the "big" fight was longer.

Does SS get the Spectre treatment? ;)

For those of you who haven't seen JLU episode Destroyer let me just say this that episode is THE MOST BADASS episode in cartoon history. If it went for DVD it would have seriously broken records of some type. And personally favorite line, can't remember it exactly is what supes said:

Superman to Darkseid:"All my life I held back because of the fear of breaking something or someone but now you shall feel my true power"

After that you'll fricking geek gasm for what supes did next.:eek: cough matrix cough. Hehehee no more spoiling from me.

The world made of cardboard was a nice touch too...

And no, SS doesn't get the spectre treatment in this one....she gets blasted pretty good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"